JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like to sit on my porch and watch the ferrel children of the neighborhood get burned. Nothing gives me more joy.
I too enjoy the spectacle, however I have grown more fond of adults performing the action with larger fireworks.
I am greatly entertained when somebody drops a sparkler onto their pile of mortars on the beach.

I went into town yesterday to get some diesel for my truck (went to 6 different stations and none of them had diesel pumps - but that is another story).

On my way down the mountain, just below my neighbor's property (a Ponzi vineyard), I saw a bobcat run across the road with a squirrel in its mouth and disappear into the brush. I appreciated seeing that.

In Beaverton, while searching for diesel, I was sitting in rush hour traffic and someone lit off two M-80 type fireworks not far away. I did not appreciate it. I expect it on the 4th, but two days before? Really?

I don't mind ownership and occasional responsible use of fireworks, but it seems like there is too much irresponsible use where someone is injured and/or fires started. So just like I don't have a problem with laws restricting shooting inside populated areas, I don't have a problem with restrictions on the setting off of certain fireworks in urban areas or during times of high fire danger - with the possible exception of the day of the 4th of July, and even then, anything that can leave the immediate area of the person using them and cause a fire, or persons setting off fireworks in a field, is irresponsible - and yet people do it.

Just like we are all responsible for where our bullets go, so are we responsible for where our fireworks go.

I have a nice parachute flare from my time in the USCG, but I do not use it, especially during the summer, because I am afraid it will cause a fire as I have little control over where it will land and I am surrounded by a forest, not an ocean where it was intended to be used.
"I like snakes and sparklers."

1eb409d0562301363cfd005056a9545d.gif

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews