JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like to sit on my porch and watch the ferrel children of the neighborhood get burned. Nothing gives me more joy.
I too enjoy the spectacle, however I have grown more fond of adults performing the action with larger fireworks.
I am greatly entertained when somebody drops a sparkler onto their pile of mortars on the beach.

I went into town yesterday to get some diesel for my truck (went to 6 different stations and none of them had diesel pumps - but that is another story).

On my way down the mountain, just below my neighbor's property (a Ponzi vineyard), I saw a bobcat run across the road with a squirrel in its mouth and disappear into the brush. I appreciated seeing that.

In Beaverton, while searching for diesel, I was sitting in rush hour traffic and someone lit off two M-80 type fireworks not far away. I did not appreciate it. I expect it on the 4th, but two days before? Really?

I don't mind ownership and occasional responsible use of fireworks, but it seems like there is too much irresponsible use where someone is injured and/or fires started. So just like I don't have a problem with laws restricting shooting inside populated areas, I don't have a problem with restrictions on the setting off of certain fireworks in urban areas or during times of high fire danger - with the possible exception of the day of the 4th of July, and even then, anything that can leave the immediate area of the person using them and cause a fire, or persons setting off fireworks in a field, is irresponsible - and yet people do it.

Just like we are all responsible for where our bullets go, so are we responsible for where our fireworks go.

I have a nice parachute flare from my time in the USCG, but I do not use it, especially during the summer, because I am afraid it will cause a fire as I have little control over where it will land and I am surrounded by a forest, not an ocean where it was intended to be used.
"I like snakes and sparklers."

1eb409d0562301363cfd005056a9545d.gif

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top