JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Happy-Independence-Day-Mia-Love.jpg Celebrate Independence Day on the 4th, and be safe.

Last Edited:
It's a big deal at our house. Lots of friends stop by and bring fireworks and food.

Love it when there are younger kids around cuz they enjoy it possibly more then me.

Safety, like with guns, is always out top priority though and we plan on setting the neighborhood on fire - just in case:D

Alas, I'm on call next week, so come 4th of July, I've got to stick close to home in case the pager goes off :mad: Had the darn thing on Memorial Day too.

Still, we'll make the best of it, stick close to home and do some fireworks with our daughter. Hopefully pick up on usual plans next year. Stay safe out there folks - not just with the fireworks, but on the road too.

I like to sit on my porch and watch the ferrel children of the neighborhood get burned. Nothing gives me more joy.

Dig it man.....

We used to have a pretty big party, 30-40 peeps. A buncha' pot-luck food, beer, pyrotechnics. I'd grill 30#s or so of chicken thighs. We had a big back yard and the inebriated ones would pitch tent and spend the night. Or sleep in a blanket on the lawn, in the living room. Some of the best time I'll never remember I tell ya'! For the last ten years or so we just go two doors over and sit on the neighbors lawn, sip G&T, and watch them blow off stuff. Go to bed at around midnight with out being forked up.

We've always done it safe. Really ticked off a couple of guests one year when I wouldn't let their 12 or so year old boy make those bombs with the plastic bottles and the piccolo Pete's. We always got the left over kids in the morning to cleaning up the mess too!

I like to sit on my porch and watch the ferrel children of the neighborhood get burned. Nothing gives me more joy.
We live on a hill and sit out watching everyone in SE PDX light off their illegal fireworks. More proof laws prevent lawlessness :rolleyes:

More importantly, we take bets on what time little ferrel Johnny blows off a finger and the EMTs roll.

I am on all call next week myself. My property is surrounded by 30 acres of dry standing hay across from a park. We are prepping for the fire that I hope does not come. By this time most years it's been baled. I see a lack of sleep Wednesday night.

I am going to be in Sedro Woolley with our gun club in the parade and I will have a small display of antique guns set up...
I hope you all here have a safe and fun 4th.
Andy
Well where at in sedro woolly will you be set up at .we are probably going out to the ISLAND .but never know things change .
The 4th is my birthday .the first one in a few years that I don't have to go to work lol.
So I don't really know what I'm doing yet

Well where at in sedro woolly will you be set up at .we are probably going out to the ISLAND .but never know things change .
The 4th is my birthday .the first one in a few years that I don't have to go to work lol.
So I don't really know what I'm doing yet

Well Happy Birthday then...!
We are meeting up at the "Hometown Cafe" @8:00 then we will set up our display...I am not sure where the display will be at....but our club will also be in the parade.
Andy

Well Happy Birthday then...!
We are meeting up at the "Hometown Cafe" @8:00 then we will set up our display...I am not sure where the display will be at....but our club will also be in the parade.
Andy
Ok like I said we will probably be on the island but if something changes I will keep that in mind.thanks

Happy Birthday @EPS!!!

We've got our Costco giant pack of smoke and noise makers. Wife has a half marathon in the morning, which means we will miss the parade in Hillsboro :-(

We'll do a grilled dinner of taters, sweet taters, corn on the cob, mixed veggies and some nice Filet Mignon's from Costco. Cooked six mintutes on each side, so they're still dark red inside and bleeding... Yum!!!!

Twilight will find us starting the fireworks and banging back a few Twlight Ales...

Once I've sufficiently smoked up the neighborhood, I'll clean up my mess, catch the Portland fireworks on tv, walk the dog and hit the hay...

Hope to get out to the range earlier in the day, will have to see how that works out...

Whatever your plans, stay safe, travel safe, drink in moderation and keep the ole head on a swivel...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm working straight through the holiday. It is due to regulatory changes made by a federal agency, and, naturally, their gross incompetence and delays in getting us all the technical specifications.:confused:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top