JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And I left Penn for Washington?! Am i crazy? Same day instant background checks is something I will miss. I moved here to be close to Alaska but could not quite pull the trigger on moving there juuuuuuuussst yet.

Unless my understanding of the current law is wrong(which is entirely possible) that could lead to trouble if the lower in question was ever transferred at any point in an assembled form (ie as a rifle or pistol) then it would still fall under whichever it was last transfered as, regardless of current configuration. This could lead to serious trouble if for instance it was transfered as a rifle at some point, but you are buying it in pistol form as once transfered as a rifle it must remain a rifle forever

IMO, you are correct. But the owner can choose to strip the rifle to the receiver keep all the parts to assemble a different receiver and sell the original one as a stripped receiver only. Even if the rifle was transfered as a complete rifle prior.

I fillled in the 4473 on the 13th of August, currently still waiting. I live in Pierce county, if they don't put some kind of exception in for CPL holders when purchasing a handgun I'm going to let mine expire as I know longer have a need for it.

Just ordered a new handgun Thursday. Will be interesting to see how long it takes once it gets to my dealer here. For me of course only a slight PITA since I have plenty. Feel bad for those who have nothing, then decide they want something for protection, then find they have to wait weeks :mad:

I fillled in the 4473 on the 13th of August, currently still waiting. I live in Pierce county, if they don't put some kind of exception in for CPL holders when purchasing a handgun I'm going to let mine expire as I know longer have a need for it.

You don't carry concealed or you have a license from another state that covers WA?

Why is this unconstitutional bullshiite still a law? Trump says one sentence and a Liberal Judge is blocking him. Where the hell are right leaning lawyers/judges on this? I know they are few but WTF over? This is infringement of the 2A. Just gonna go to ID and OR to buy a gun. F this POS state!

Why is this unconstitutional bullshiite still a law? Trump says one sentence and a Liberal Judge is blocking him. Where the hell are right leaning lawyers/judges on this? I know they are few but WTF over? This is infringement of the 2A. Just gonna go to ID and OR to buy a gun. F this POS state!

Which part? This is the result of multiple State and Federal laws. State of WA put a wait on handguns so long ago I can't remember when it went in. I know it was there before I even got old enough to buy one. Then Fed's passed new law that all gun sales needed an OK from law enforcement (Insta check) back decades ago. This state had an exemption from the wait for hand guns if you had a permit to carry, CPL. State was supposed to set up their own system to do the insta check. Feds were doing it for them as a courtesy while the state set up some acceptable system. Just like with the Real ID act the state of WA sat on their hands and refused to do it. So Feds finally told them, that's it, we are done. So what we are talking about here, the wait for hand guns, is NOT some new law. People keep telling anyone who will listen to them this is I-1639. It has zero to do with that new law, which is in itself another huge fiasco.
If you mean why does some judge not put a stop to I-1639 keeping you from buying a .22 rifle? If they got some judge with a brain to stop that it would take seconds for the anti gun folks to find some judge to overturn that. This is sadly what voters have begged for and they got what they deserved.:s0054:

Which part? This is the result of multiple State and Federal laws. State of WA put a wait on handguns so long ago I can't remember when it went in. I know it was there before I even got old enough to buy one. Then Fed's passed new law that all gun sales needed an OK from law enforcement (Insta check) back decades ago. This state had an exemption from the wait for hand guns if you had a permit to carry, CPL. State was supposed to set up their own system to do the insta check. Feds were doing it for them as a courtesy while the state set up some acceptable system. Just like with the Real ID act the state of WA sat on their hands and refused to do it. So Feds finally told them, that's it, we are done. So what we are talking about here, the wait for hand guns, is NOT some new law. People keep telling anyone who will listen to them this is I-1639. It has zero to do with that new law, which is in itself another huge fiasco.
If you mean why does some judge not put a stop to I-1639 keeping you from buying a .22 rifle? If they got some judge with a brain to stop that it would take seconds for the anti gun folks to find some judge to overturn that. This is sadly what voters have begged for and they got what they deserved.:s0054:
My bad. I thought 1639 made it so. Ooops! Sorry, I find any laws that "infringe" are unconstitutional.

My bad. I thought 1639 made it so. Ooops! Sorry, I find any laws that "infringe" are unconstitutional.
They all suck, they all do nothing to slow crime. Biggest problem I have with all of them is how many gun owners get duped into supporting the damn things. With each new law, nothing gets better, so of course they come up with yet another law. Meanwhile the people pushing the laws make excuses for the criminals. :s0054:

My FFL Dealer said: " Mandatory 10 day waiting period for all handgun purchases" as the ATF told them when they called and talked to the ATF about changes. I'll find out soon enough with next one.o_O :rolleyes:

The below poster is why this stuff is happening.

user4300424_a6958bc10698.jpeg

My FFL Dealer said: " Mandatory 10 day waiting period for all handgun purchases" as the ATF told them when they called and talked to the ATF about changes. I'll find out soon enough with next one.o_O :rolleyes:

The below poster is why this stuff is happening.
This has zero to do with the ATF, so if someone there told him this they had no clue what they were talking about. The delay in WA state for handguns is state law. Feds could care less about that part. The 10 days is if the state does not get back to the FFL by then. I highly doubt anyone at ATF would be this ignorant, so my guess in the dealer is getting things mixed up and gave you bad info.

No the dealer is an older stepchild of my uncles..my uncle owned that very gunshop business over 40 yrs
I went to school with the people who work there. I've been there at that gunshop many times as customers came to ask if thier background checks etc were done, and if they could pick up thier pistols, and we're told no, not for 10 business days the sherrifs dept said " Also by the way, THE ATF Operates in every state according to each individual state laws also. If you don't think so just call them and they will tell you this. They also enforce individual state laws not just Federal laws.

I've been at this a long time. I know personally some people who work at a North 40 Outfitters store and showed me a letter they received 3 months ago straightbfrom the ATF, stating that if ANYONE came into the store with pot leafs symbols etc or had tattoos, or wore jewelery depicting pot etc, they were to instantly denie that person a sale of a gun, but they were to report them to THE ATF. I standing right there when they denied 2 gun sales and reported the 2 people on the phone. That's not North 40 Outfitters policy, that's ATF policy at work.

By the way the local Walmart sporting goods dept manager also told me there is a mandatory 10 day waiting period, same as North 40 Outfitters tell customers too. Since July 1st, 2019 when i-1639 mostly took effect, I have yet to hear of a single person in my area ftom ANY gunshop being able to pick up a handgun in no less than 10 working business days.

Like a Second ammendment lawyer told me recently " There's a lotttt of stuff going on out there that the average citizen has no idea is happening, and if you don't keep your finger on the pulse with what IS HAPPENING, every week and sometimes daily, you won't know what's happening behind the scenes." Until it's too late.

He's on the phone with THE ATF at least twice a week.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top