JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You all need to give up on buying silly guns with long wait NICS background checks, and switch to buying SUPPRESSORS!

Currently, suppressor orders are going through FASTER than NICS background checks - NO JOKE!

Ordered a suppressor online at a local FFL who has a Silencershop kiosk on Tuesday morning this week. FFL was fast, and worked with me and ended up having all paperwork done and submitted Form 4 to ATF at 3pm same day on Tuesday! Received the call today, Friday AM at 0830 that my Form 4 had been approved, and I could come take home my new suppressor- Rugged Obsidian 45!!!

From the time I hit the order button to the time I was walking out with suppressor in hand this am was almost exactly 3 days!

Crazy times when the full ATF process Form 4 suppressors are coming back faster than NICS background checks!!

Moral of the story- buy suppressors! After this success, i no joke tonight order FOUR more- LOL the wallet is cleaned out!!
View attachment 1848938
What dealer? I'm still waiting to certify my purchase from last Friday. Are they dragging their feet or am I just unlucky?

What dealer? I'm still waiting to certify my purchase from last Friday. Are they dragging their feet or am I just unlucky?
Guessing here, but if you purchased from say Silencershop as many are doing right now, they have to submit a form 3 to transfer it to your dealer, and those are running 8 days ironically. If your dealer has the suppressor in stock on site, then it should go much quicker. I will shoot you a PM so we dont muck up the NICS thread with suppressor talk!

You all need to give up on buying silly guns with long wait NICS background checks, and switch to buying SUPPRESSORS!

Currently, suppressor orders are going through FASTER than NICS background checks - NO JOKE!

Ordered a suppressor online at a local FFL who has a Silencershop kiosk on Tuesday morning this week. FFL was fast, and worked with me and ended up having all paperwork done and submitted Form 4 to ATF at 3pm same day on Tuesday! Received the call today, Friday AM at 0830 that my Form 4 had been approved, and I could come take home my new suppressor- Rugged Obsidian 45!!!

From the time I hit the order button to the time I was walking out with suppressor in hand this am was almost exactly 3 days!

Crazy times when the full ATF process Form 4 suppressors are coming back faster than NICS background checks!!

Moral of the story- buy suppressors! After this success, i no joke tonight order FOUR more- LOL the wallet is cleaned out!!
View attachment 1848938
Did you use Ticklickers?

Did you use Ticklickers?
The one i got back in 3 days actually was with NW Armory. The trick right now to getting a suppressor Form 4 approval back so fast is that the dealer has to have the can already in stock physically on site. If you order through SilencerShop or other online vendor, they have to submit a Form 3 first to the ATF to be approved to transfer it to your dealer, even if they are an approved SS dealer. Form 3 approvals are ironically taking 10-14 days right now. THEN they have to ship it, so shipping time, and then finally once it arrives at your FFL/dealer, they compete the process and prep the Form 4 to certify. So quite the delay, but they may have cans in stock that your Local store doesnt have. Also Silencer Shop and many local FFLs are selling out of cans like mad as the rush is on right now. Before, when the whole process was taking like 8-9 months, a couple weeks extra delay didnt really matter, but now it does! ;-)

Tick Licker is my go to FFL/vendor, and i do have a can on order right now through Silencer Shop to be sent there, but it is on day 10 of waiting for the Form 3 to be approved, so delayed and not yet shipped.

So the move is to find one you want in stock locally, buy it, and then the local FFL can enter/process through their/your Silencer Shop account. Turnaround to prep the forms is only about a day that I have seen ( I bought FIVE more cans in the last week ;-) ) and then work with your dealer for the final Form 4 submittal. Once Form 4 is certified and submitted, those right now if you file as individual are averaging 3 days turnaround to approval!! Just submitted 3 more Form 4s today for myself, so fingers crossed!

Oh also - supposedly they are doing 'batch" approvals- meaning if they see someone who has multiple submitted form 4s for the same person, they will just lump and batch approve then all together.

Pretty smart really- and efficient. NICS, ARE YOU LISTENING??!!? ;-)

The one i got back in 3 days actually was with NW Armory. The trick right now to getting a suppressor Form 4 approval back so fast is that the dealer has to have the can already in stock physically on site. If you order through SilencerShop or other online vendor, they have to submit a Form 3 first to the ATF to be approved to transfer it to your dealer, even if they are an approved SS dealer. Form 3 approvals are ironically taking 10-14 days right now. THEN they have to ship it, so shipping time, and then finally once it arrives at your FFL/dealer, they compete the process and prep the Form 4 to certify. So quite the delay, but they may have cans in stock that your Local store doesnt have. Also Silencer Shop and many local FFLs are selling out of cans like mad as the rush is on right now. Before, when the whole process was taking like 8-9 months, a couple weeks extra delay didnt really matter, but now it does! ;-)

Tick Licker is my go to FFL/vendor, and i do have a can on order right now through Silencer Shop to be sent there, but it is on day 10 of waiting for the Form 3 to be approved, so delayed and not yet shipped.

So the move is to find one you want in stock locally, buy it, and then the local FFL can enter/process through their/your Silencer Shop account. Turnaround to prep the forms is only about a day that I have seen ( I bought FIVE more cans in the last week ;-) ) and then work with your dealer for the final Form 4 submittal. Once Form 4 is certified and submitted, those right now if you file as individual are averaging 3 days turnaround to approval!! Just submitted 3 more Form 4s today for myself, so fingers crossed!

Oh also - supposedly they are doing 'batch" approvals- meaning if they see someone who has multiple submitted form 4s for the same person, they will just lump and batch approve then all together.

Pretty smart really- and efficient. NICS, ARE YOU LISTENING??!!? ;-)
NICS has historically cleared 2000-3000 per day. They're slow dancing.

NICS has historically cleared 2000-3000 per day. They're slow dancing.
Agreed- basically creating a "mandatory 3 day wait period" for Oregon without passing any laws, for those that end up in the queue. Lucky to be one of the few that always gets instant approvals, still have no idea how i ended up on that 'good list', but thank my stars every time it goes through and i walk out the door with the gun same day!

Not sure what to make of this…. just went to pick up my suppressor, got an instant on that, saw a good a host and picked up a new pistol but got put in the queue for the first time ever.

Could have submitting a second bg following the first trigger the queue?

Not sure what to make of this…. just went to pick up my suppressor, got an instant on that, saw a good a host and picked up a new pistol but got put in the queue for the first time ever.

Could have submitting a second bg following the first trigger the queue?
Did you happen to get the number for how long the queue is lately? I may or may not have another one inbound and occasionally end up in the queue (though usually not).

Me as well, I've never been in the que before until very recently. It sux to be treated like a common commoner! :D
A couple months ago I bought a pistol.

The guy entered my info, helped another customer, and came back to me saying I was blah blah in the que and to come back tomorrow..... I said that's unusual and would he mind checking again.....he walked back to the computer and turned back to me astonished.. Said I'll be damned you're approved! 😲

I thanked him for saving me a trip back. 😁

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR