JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Are there any FFLs out there that can tell me about the wait times on hand guns? I know 1639 added waits to semi auto rifles but is there a wait time on hand guns too? I recently (7/24) bought a handgun from a local pawn shop and I was a little surprised to have to wait since i have a cpl. I'm not in a hurry so i didn't question it but I'm just curious what law imposes the wait on handguns even if you have a concealed license.

Or at all.....

The wait time will depend on the LE agency processing the "background check", but you can expect an average of 1-2 weeks (maybe longer) waiting for your permission slip to exercise your 2A right.

Sounds like he didn't even know about it at all... uggh.., and there's our problem...

1639 did not add a waiting period for handguns. An unrelated bureaucratic shift of processing responsibilities resulted in a backlog of pistol transfer applications.

That just so happened to take effect with the passing of 1639... ;)
The FBI warned Washington long ago that the FBI was going to stop carrying water for the state (running background checks on Washington CPL holders who the federal laws don't require a background check on) and when the FBI decided the stop waiting for Washington to gets its feces together it set the July 1st transition. The FBI did not create 1639, so it was unrelated.

1639 did not add a waiting period for handguns. An unrelated bureaucratic shift of processing responsibilities resulted in a backlog of pistol transfer applications.

You should Google Washington 1639, and get more people to vote. Also read the ballot before voting. Yes=increased wait for check!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top