JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm a WA resident my whole life and I know several FFL Dealers, and YES you CAN sell and transfer a complete, OR stripped lower as "other" it IS LEGAL just keep the upper out if the shop and give it to the guy you sold the lower to.

I see it every day and yes it IS LEGAL 100% there's nothing tricky about it.

Only thing in WA is that our pukey anti gi gov Jay Inslee is about to sign the "assault weapons" ban any day, maybe today even. That bill 1240 has a. Emergency clause which makes it effective the second the governor signs it into law until they overturn it, or get an injunction on it to temporarily stop the bill from taking effect .

People need to start learning how it works instead of wringing there hands like worry warts. Buy enough stuff and you'll learn the ropes of this hobby. I been at this over 50 yrs now. I don't get rattled over things. đź‘Ť

I'm a WA resident my whole life and I know several FFL Dealers, and YES you CAN sell and transfer a complete, OR stripped lower as "other" it IS LEGAL just keep the upper out if the shop and give it to the guy you sold the lower to.

I see it every day and yes it IS LEGAL 100% there's nothing tricky about it.

Only thing in WA is that our pukey anti gi gov Jay Inslee is about to sign the "assault weapons" ban any day, maybe today even. That bill 1240 has a. Emergency clause which makes it effective the second the governor signs it into law until they overturn it, or get an injunction on it to temporarily stop the bill from taking effect .

People need to start learning how it works instead of wringing there hands like worry warts. Buy enough stuff and you'll learn the ropes of this hobby. I been at this over 50 yrs now. I don't get rattled over things. đź‘Ť
Unless I missed it I did not see anyone say it was against the law to do this. There is what is legal and what is smart. Anyone doing this is admitting they are trying to skirt the law. There is no way to brag about doing this and then claim you did not know what you were doing. Now would the AG here push this? Probably not. Would he be amused by it? No. So if he does decide to go after someone who does this you do know that person will have to hire a lawyer correct? Even if they are found innocent will it be worth the cost of the lawyer when its over with? If so by all means brag about sticking your finger in the AG's eye. Maybe he will ignore you, maybe he will not. Everyone has to make their own choices here.

Takes 10 days here, local ffl schedules your pickup date & time when you purchase the handgun.

Not sure how that is a benefit. Haynes makes you wait the 10 business days no matter what. I purchased one from him, and when I realized he was going to make me wait the 10 days even after it cleared, I found a different shop.

I recommend 3 Aces if you are in the Spokane area.

Not sure how that is a benefit. Haynes makes you wait the 10 business days no matter what. I purchased one from him, and when I realized he was going to make me wait the 10 days even after it cleared, I found a different shop.

I recommend 3 Aces if you are in the Spokane area.
I have never head of an FFL waiting after he got the OK from the state. Either you did not understand what they were telling you or the FFL does not. The way it works in WA is for a handgun there are two checks that have to pass. The Federal one, then the state adds another. Where that 10 days comes in is the FFL has to give the state 10 business days to get back to them. If the state does not, and they do not give a delay or denied, the FFL can let the handgun walk. Some times the state will give an OK in days. So I doubt the FFL was saying he was going to hold the gun even after both checks came back as proceed. If that is what he is doing he just does not understand the law which would be strange.

Got a call from Tropics today saying that background check is going to take longer than expected as the CCSO has reduced staff performing background checks from 4 to 2. Did anyone else receive a call regarding this???

I have never head of an FFL waiting after he got the OK from the state. Either you did not understand what they were telling you or the FFL does not. The way it works in WA is for a handgun there are two checks that have to pass. The Federal one, then the state adds another. Where that 10 days comes in is the FFL has to give the state 10 business days to get back to them. If the state does not, and they do not give a delay or denied, the FFL can let the handgun walk. Some times the state will give an OK in days. So I doubt the FFL was saying he was going to hold the gun even after both checks came back as proceed. If that is what he is doing he just does not understand the law which would be strange.
Well, you've heard of one now. The prior poster noted even posted how they operate:

"Takes 10 days here, local ffl schedules your pickup date & time when you purchase the handgun."

The dude operates with limited hours out of his house by appointment only. So if a check comes back early, he does not let you know. You just show up at your designated appointment time. I'm sure he understands the law, it is just convenient for him to set you up with an appointment after day 10.

It was the exact same experience for me. I guess a bonus of this is he'll release after day 10 without an approval, but in Spokane we seem to have things processed fairly quickly. My last handgun purchased a couple weeks ago took 7 business days, and that is the longest I've had to wait.

Haynes fees used to be low, but they charge $35 now, which is more than most in Eastern WA. The gun I had transferred to him was defective, and the selling shop sent me a USPS return label (only an FFL can ship a handgun via USPS) and Haynes refused to drop it at the post office for me.

That is how I discovered 3 Aces. They shipped it back for me and didn't charge me any fees. And that kind act turned me into a regular customer with them. I just worry the AWB will force them to close.

Last Edited:
Well, you've heard of one now. The prior poster noted even posted how they operate:

"Takes 10 days here, local ffl schedules your pickup date & time when you purchase the handgun."

The dude operates with limited hours out of his house by appointment only. So if a check comes back early, he does not let you know. You just show up at your designated appointment time. I'm sure he understands the law, it is just convenient for him to set you up with an appointment after day 10.

It was the exact same experience for me. I guess a bonus of this is he'll release after day 10 without an approval, but in Spokane we seem to have things processed fairly quickly. My last handgun purchased a couple weeks ago took 7 business days, and that is the longest I've had to wait.

Haynes fees are really low too, especially for military peepa. The gun I had transferred to him was defective, and the selling shop sent me a USPS return label (only an FFL can ship a handgun via USPS) and Haynes refused to drop it at the post office for me.

That is how I discovered 3 Aces. They shipped it back for me and didn't charge me any fees. And that kind act turned me into a regular customer with them. I just worry the AWB will force them to close.
Strange way to do business but what the hell. Its his business so I guess if he makes a buck doing it this way great. If he goes under because no one will use him he will only have himself to blame. :s0092:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top