JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Sounds like you're projecting ;)

Oh Ive already been accused of a whole lotta things. I'm bald and 3/4 white, so I MUST be a nazi. Or how I'm a fascist for wanting police (even though I believe in reform and them losing their immunity if they commit a heinous action). I've also been accused of being a libtard cause I believe in background checks for firearm purchases. Hell, I've even been accused of potentially being a kiddy diddler because I'm adamant that I don't want rug rats of my own.

Now I'm apparently a secret police spy!

Awesome :)

But back to my point. If all gun owners are violent, paranoid, white supremacist, crazies.... why aren't WE the ones looting and killing?

Why are so many good men willing to sit back and allow their communities to go to pot?
When they form groups to stand up for what they believe is right. They get labeled as racist or as extreme.

Don't get involved in other people's business? Looked like the guy was trying to "help".
Man , that's true. No good deed goes unpunished.
I really hope them hood rats get rolled up.
It sucks that I have actually started going out of my way to not be in a position to help out more and more the last couple years. It seems to be the correct choice tho.

When they form groups to stand up for what they believe is right. They get labeled as racist or as extreme.
The Mcloskeys, Rittenhouse, etc. Look at how they've been persecuted.

The leftists arent being prosecuted for their actions, forcing people to protect themselves and their property. But if you protect yourself.. you're gonna be crucified.

Last Edited:
This is Portland 2021....

Is this really the city that works? This isn't even the bottom yet, we have a long ways to go and it is going to get much more worse.
Took that one down. Damn censorship whores.

A beginner's guide to online censorship - Comparitech

just sayin, don't act sus on the webs.....

a lot of gun owners are not white, paranoid, white supremesist nazis. But unfortunately, just enough are.
And, unfortunately, groups are often judged by their worst elements, not their best.
what do you suggest as an alternative to sitting back ? More Kyle Rittenhoiuses ? How'd that go ?
Thing is, other than what is basically hooliganism between 2 groups of knuckle draggers, on a smaller scale than say Spurs vs Arsenal, life for most of the country is carrying on just fine. The Republic is not burning.
Just because people are paranoid doesn't mean they're not right or their concerns aren't valid though.

I remember last year people were saying "covid vaccine passports" were a crazy talk and just paranoid, yet - here we are.

Even if Portland city leaders were replaced with competent people, it will take years to repair the damage they have done. 1-2 years at least before they can hire and train enough officers to meet acceptable service levels.

And they have not even begun to start replenishing the ranks, doesn't matter, no one is willing to move here and work for Portland.

I can't understand how the hell people are still wanting to move here and pay the stupid prices for real estate.

Last Edited:
You're not batman. Stop being Captain Save A Hoe.

Time to follow in Chicago's footstep, stay out of it and just let them kill themselves.

Hopefully people will get sick of this and wake up. The first step is to replace Portland city leaders with competent people. However, it is going to take years to repair the damage they have done. 1-2 years just to hire and train enough officers to meet acceptable levels.
Detroit is still a bubblegumhole, that plan hasn't seemed to work yet.

fair enough, but that actually make you feel better ? Because in all these threads, it's the same ten or so people going back and forth keeping each other angry and riled up. It's good to blow off steam. Until it's not.
Can't help you with the traffic and I don't know that I live in a "higher grade neighborhood",
Maybe? You know, a good rant like a good cry, may help. It always sucks when you get woke up rudely in the middle of the night. The goings on in the intersection was much more than the thrice weekly homeless' unmuffled car roaring down the road at 1:30 am.
You are always welcome to "retreat" out to my place Mike.........anytime
Hey Paul! Haven't seen anything from you lately. Old yellow Dog doing okay I guess? You have a level spot for me to park a motor home? I'll bet the guy living a block from my house in a 21 footer would take $200.00 for it! It might just make it up to your place! ;)
I WISH people that love to post vids would learn to hold the phone still.

Even if Portland city leaders were replaced with competent people, it will take years to repair the damage they have done. 1-2 years at least before they can hire and train enough officers to meet acceptable service levels.

And they have not even begun to start replenishing the ranks, doesn't matter, no one is willing to move here and work for Portland.

I can't understand how the hell people are still wanting to move here and pay the stupid prices for real estate.
If things were changed today it would take 10 years before PPB would be fully staffed with experienced officers. Portland has a very long way to go before things get better.

It is going on in my neighborhood. Neither antifa or proud boys have harmed me or messed with my stuff - but while theyre getting all the news and police attention, real scabs are breaking into my truck on a regular basis, setting up tents on the sidewalk in front of my expensive apartment, bubblegumting and puking all over and fighting and screaming and robbing people all goddamn night long. THIS is the problem in our city right now - every bit of attention we give to a bunch of emotionally retarded overgrown children thinking theyre fighting each other for some vague cause is more actual crime and deterioration of our city.

if everyone - especially the news media - just bubbleguming ignored them, theyd all go back to COD and we could bring the real problems in focus.
Hey, man. I share your sentiments. It's not the fringe groups that keep LARPing around that's the problem. It really is the homeless population who have become increasingly more violent. I live in arguably the safest part of Portland in arguably the safest neighborhood, and it's starting to trickle in here.

Lots of neighbors have had catalytic converters stolen, and car windows smashed out. Not to mention a few different women who have been assaulted by people high on meth. I had to pull over and chase a tweaked down the street one day, because I saw him chasing after a woman and then hit her. After I chased him off, I come to find out he assaulted an elderly women about 15minutes prior. I ended up getting back in my car and following him until police arrived.

At this point, Portland has no choice. They will have to contract with Multnomah County sheriff to put their deputies on the street.
I don't think they HAVE to do anything? And my bet is on them doing exactly nothing. After all, it's out of sight, out of mind for them.

I hope I'm wrong.

Multnomah county doesn't have the resources to pick up the slack.
Nope - i dont remember how many patrol officers the sheriff has, but its like a dozen or two. They only have two patrol areas ... sauvies island area, and another one out by troutdale. So, few patrol positions to fill to begin with. not the legions ppb would need to make any difference. However, i would strongly suspect mcso deputies already ARE doing voluntary overtime for ppb, along with officers from all over the state

Nope - i dont remember how many patrol officers the sheriff has, but its like a dozen or two. They only have two patrol areas ... sauvies island area, and another one out by troutdale. So, few patrol positions to fill to begin with. not the legions ppb would need to make any difference. However, i would strongly suspect mcso deputies already ARE doing voluntary overtime for ppb, along with officers from all over the state
Multnomah county would need 350 additional deputies to fill in for PPB's patrol officers. This doesn't include detectives, specialized units or additional command staff and training.

Before anyone says the state can assist, it can't. It would take more OSP than they currently have.

Even if an agency could help Portland it wouldn't. The Multnomah county DA won't do anything. There is a reason no agency (outside of Multnomah county borders) offers mutual aid. No agency wants the increased liability.

If you think the illegal street racing bad just wait until the news starts harping on the unsolved homicide rate.

Portland is getting the law enforcement they want. There are lots of decent people who reside in Multnomah but they are outnumbered.

This will take decades to resolve and with Portlands values and voting record I wouldn't put any faith in current and future leadership making the correct decisions.

edited to add:
No outside agency is working overtime for PPB.

The increased wait times and short staff is all attributed to no more OT being allowed by PPB. Last year was record breaking for OT. There were many officers who made more in OT than their base salary.

PPB needs more officers but very few candidates will accept the position.

On a positive note, surrounding agencies have picked up experienced PPB officers for less money than PPB pays.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads