JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello, I'm moving to Benton City next week and need a gun safe recommendation. I've got a small liberty safe but I've outgrown it. I've got about 20 or so guns including about 12 long guns so I need a decent sized safe.

My budget is about 1500, but i dont want a junky safe. I was thinking about getting another smaller, high quality safe as the larger 40 or so cubic inch safes in that price range have quality issues.

Anyone have a recommendation? In any case safe is going in garage and will be bolted to floor.

Thank you

A Liberty Fat Boy Jr. should be about the right size for you and in your price range. It's a little bigger than your current needs, but I'll bet you will grow into it. Might even be able to get trade-in on the one you have. Good luck in your search and with your move!!

Liberty. I have a Colonial 30 that I outgrew a month after I got it. But it works. For now. :)

I'm glad everyone else has good experiences with liberty. I like the safe too and would like the mechanical lock. Unless the e lock holds up well? I dont like the idea of a battery dying on me

If you can't afford THIS don't waist your money. Get a gun cabinet for 100$ to keep kids away. Look how much value you have in guns. Homeowners/Rental insurance cover up to 2500$. If you have more in guns get firearms insurance.

If you can't afford THIS don't waist your money. Get a gun cabinet for 100$ to keep kids away. Look how much value you have in guns. Homeowners/Rental insurance cover up to 2500$. If you have more in guns get firearms insurance.

You don't think that there is a place between a sheet metal cabinet and a real safe?

You don't think it's harder to get into a Liberty than a Sentry?

Don't get me wrong, I don't consider my Liberty Colonial a "safe", but I'm pretty sure it would take longer to get into than a sheet metal cabinet which you can cut with shears. Especially by the average tweaker.

What a bunch of crap. Any gun SAFE (meaning not just a cabinet but something with more steel and very heavy) IS better than nothing. Heck, a cabinet bolted to the floor is better than a bunch up guns leaning in a closet. If a person can't figure that out, maybe they shouldn't have any guns?

Last Edited:
Hello, I'm moving to Benton City next week and need a gun safe recommendation. I've got a small liberty safe but I've outgrown it. I've got about 20 or so guns including about 12 long guns so I need a decent sized safe.

My budget is about 1500, but i dont want a junky safe. I was thinking about getting another smaller, high quality safe as the larger 40 or so cubic inch safes in that price range have quality issues.

Anyone have a recommendation? In any case safe is going in garage and will be bolted to floor.

Thank you
While back Wife and I bought one from Steelwater safe I heard about here. We had ended up with more stuff than would fit in our old one. These are $900 delivered. The delivery includes them putting it in your garage which was nice. It is an electronic lock but they come with a special key you can use to open one if the battery dies.

Safe1.png Safe2.png

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR