JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello, I'm moving to Benton City next week and need a gun safe recommendation. I've got a small liberty safe but I've outgrown it. I've got about 20 or so guns including about 12 long guns so I need a decent sized safe.

My budget is about 1500, but i dont want a junky safe. I was thinking about getting another smaller, high quality safe as the larger 40 or so cubic inch safes in that price range have quality issues.

Anyone have a recommendation? In any case safe is going in garage and will be bolted to floor.

Thank you

A Liberty Fat Boy Jr. should be about the right size for you and in your price range. It's a little bigger than your current needs, but I'll bet you will grow into it. Might even be able to get trade-in on the one you have. Good luck in your search and with your move!!

Liberty. I have a Colonial 30 that I outgrew a month after I got it. But it works. For now. :)

I'm glad everyone else has good experiences with liberty. I like the safe too and would like the mechanical lock. Unless the e lock holds up well? I dont like the idea of a battery dying on me

If you can't afford THIS don't waist your money. Get a gun cabinet for 100$ to keep kids away. Look how much value you have in guns. Homeowners/Rental insurance cover up to 2500$. If you have more in guns get firearms insurance.

If you can't afford THIS don't waist your money. Get a gun cabinet for 100$ to keep kids away. Look how much value you have in guns. Homeowners/Rental insurance cover up to 2500$. If you have more in guns get firearms insurance.

You don't think that there is a place between a sheet metal cabinet and a real safe?

You don't think it's harder to get into a Liberty than a Sentry?

Don't get me wrong, I don't consider my Liberty Colonial a "safe", but I'm pretty sure it would take longer to get into than a sheet metal cabinet which you can cut with shears. Especially by the average tweaker.

What a bunch of crap. Any gun SAFE (meaning not just a cabinet but something with more steel and very heavy) IS better than nothing. Heck, a cabinet bolted to the floor is better than a bunch up guns leaning in a closet. If a person can't figure that out, maybe they shouldn't have any guns?

Last Edited:
Hello, I'm moving to Benton City next week and need a gun safe recommendation. I've got a small liberty safe but I've outgrown it. I've got about 20 or so guns including about 12 long guns so I need a decent sized safe.

My budget is about 1500, but i dont want a junky safe. I was thinking about getting another smaller, high quality safe as the larger 40 or so cubic inch safes in that price range have quality issues.

Anyone have a recommendation? In any case safe is going in garage and will be bolted to floor.

Thank you
While back Wife and I bought one from Steelwater safe I heard about here. We had ended up with more stuff than would fit in our old one. These are $900 delivered. The delivery includes them putting it in your garage which was nice. It is an electronic lock but they come with a special key you can use to open one if the battery dies.

Safe1.png Safe2.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads