JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A friend and I are planning to apply for Idaho Enhanced Carry Permits. We are both Washington residents with valid concealed permits for our state, which is one of the requirements for the Idaho Enhanced permit. The other requirement is successful completion of an approved instruction course in Idaho.

So my friend goes to the indoor range to which he belongs (located in Idaho) in order to sign us up for the required class. The "expert" at the counter tells him we can take the course, but other states won't recognize our Idaho Enhanced Permit because we aren't residents of Idaho.

This appears to be mostly hogwash, as nearly every state I plan on visiting in the near future (MT, ID, UT, AZ, NM) with the exception of Colorado, honors non-resident permits issued by other states.

Perhaps the gun counter "expert" meant to say "some other states" won't honor non-resident permits, but that's not what he said. And what he said was enough to stop my friend from signing us up.

Long story short, and I'm sure this isn't news to most here, but standing behind a gun counter doesn't make you smart; and it's important to know the laws yourself and not just swallow whatever you are told by gun counter experts (or any other experts, for that matter).

"Trust But Verify" - Ronald Reagan

Also, I would note that HandGunLaw.us is a very helpful site.

Last Edited:
Asking if I can shoot a brand new Sig M400 at their 25 yard range (They have weird rules).

Me: "Can I shoot this on the 25 yard range?"
Idiot: "How much do you want for it?"
Me: "For what?"
Idiot: "For the Sig."
Me: "I just bought it."
Idiot: "But if you were going to sell it, how much would you want for it?"
Me: "Why would I want to sell a gun that I just bought? You're not going to offer me over retail for it, are you?"
Idiot: "Well, but how much would you take?"
Me: "Holy $#!+ I don't want to sell the gun. I want to know if I can shoot it here."
Idiot: "~..." <weird confused look>
Me: "If I brought this gun to the 25 yard range today to shoot at some targets, would I be allowed?"
Idiot: "Oh, no, they're not allowed on the 25 yard range."
Me: "Goodbye." <immediate exit before the stupid gets so deep we all drown in it>

Apparently a lot of employees at various stores are calling the lcp2 a striker fired gun.

"How do you know it's not striker fired"? I can see a mainspring in the magwell.

LGS expert:
" Black powder and round ball are not effective killers on big game."
Me ( not an expert , but I know a bit ) :
"Would you kindly explain that to Daniel Boone , David Crockett , Jim Bridger and Kit Carson."
Andy

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads