JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My favorite is a 22lr is Less lethal they any other round. I can actually recalling several times people telling me 22lr' are safe as well. :rolleyes:. ( implying death is not possible)

Mossad would disagree with you. One operative takes the victim by the right arm, the other raises the left arm, jams the muzzle of a Beretta or Star Model F into the exposed armpit and empties the eight round magazine.

Usually works.

tac

My favorite is a 22lr is Less lethal they any other round. I can actually recalling several times people telling me 22lr' are safe as well. :rolleyes:. ( implying death is not possible)

That might actually be true with the .25 ACP.

I read an account many years ago where a guy tried to eliminate himself from the gene pool with a Raven Arms P25. After three rounds he had to give up because the pain was too much to continue.

E

Mossad would disagree with you. One operative takes the victim by the right arm, the other raises the left arm, jams the muzzle of a Beretta or Star Model F into the exposed armpit and empties the eight round magazine.

Usually works.

tac

Isreali version of taking a smellfie? This might be lost on you, tac, as it is based on an American deodorant commercial.

Not often watch regular TV, but that commercial was pretty funny. Maybe saw it during football season.
images.png

Not how I would spell "foul", but there you go.

images (3).jpg

o_O

That might actually be true with the .25 ACP.

I read an account many years ago where a guy tried to eliminate himself from the gene pool with a Raven Arms P25. After three rounds he had to give up because the pain was too much to continue.

E

When I was working, there were several suicides with a 22LR I think it all depends on where it hits,
LOL my point was to say it cant kill or is not deadly is not accurate. There was one guy with long hair had taken a 22lr pistol and bubblegum in his temple it did not go thru but the impact killed him. Maybe the guy with the .25 it wasn't his day to die.....

Wife goes to counter wants to look at a ruger lite.Guy ignores her I'm standing 10 feet behind her he looks at me and ask you wanna look at a pistol,nah but I think she does.Is this your wife ? Sure is ,what do you want her to look at?For target practice I suggest this .22 revolver it's easier for them to learn.She was a little pissed lol.She goes ok well I was thinking of looking at that ruger for steel shoots but we can do that somewhere else!

Wife goes to counter wants to look at a ruger lite.Guy ignores her I'm standing 10 feet behind her he looks at me and ask you wanna look at a pistol,nah but I think she does.Is this your wife ? Sure is ,what do you want her to look at?For target practice I suggest this .22 revolver it's easier for them to learn.She was a little pissed lol.She goes ok well I was thinking of looking at that ruger for steel shoots but we can do that somewhere else!

:s0113: Love to have been a fly on the wall for that one.

And welcome to NWFA!

When Mrs tac wanted her new .22 target pistol, and her FAC came back faster than she thought, she went and bought her own pistol without me hanging about head-shaking. I was in Ireland [again].

The dealer asked her what she wanted it for, she told him 'standard pistol comps', and he showed her a variety of pistols based on price, with High Standard at the bottom, and Hammerli at the top. She even test-fired it in the store 20 yard range. No talking down to her.

She bought a nice s/h Hammerli 208 with all the trimmings at a saving back then of around £400 off a new one. It cost her £1250.00 in 1990 [that's around $3000].

When she handed it in at the 'Great Betrayal', she received compensation for the price of an identical new pistol on that day - £1975.00.

And an extra £140 each for four magazines.....

tac

Happened to me today..

Cabelas in Tualatin:
Asked old man in reloading area if they had the Lee loadmaster in 9mm.

His response: "do you have a lot of reloading experience?"

I replied that I knew my way around reloading well enough to warrant a progressive.

I wanted to say:
Ummm sir, experience is irrelevant I'm here to buy a product not ask somebody if they think I'm capable of running a progressive press.

Happened to me today..

Cabelas in Tualatin:

I replied that I knew my way around reloading well enough to warrant a progressive.

I wanted to say:
Ummm sir, experience is irrelevant I'm here to buy a product not ask somebody if they think I'm capable of running a progressive press.
While I am sure you do have the experience, not everyone looking for something necessarily does.

I came across a short fellow who wanted to be a gunner's mate in the Navy because they get to shoot .50 cals, and I asked if he could handle. He got upset and did the whole "I shot shotguns and yadayada." The guy couldn't even handle the recoil of a Beretta M9. No offense to you, just saying sometimes its better to know for sure.

What's all this "shotguns kick" talk?
All a hundred or so rounds from a shotgun does to my shoulder is loosen up and massage me. I'm thinking about going ambi, just for the stress relief.
Is an Ithaca 37 ambi?
There's another, "shotguns will beat the crap out of you, they kick like a horse!"
Granted a horse stepped on my foot once and was no problem, I hold soft pasture responsible tho. Maybe I'm just an abnormality.

Once heard a "counter expert" tell an obviously novice hunter how necessary an ankle holstered snub-nosed .357 was to have in the field as a backup.

Besides the fact that most of us would be wearing above the ankle boots while hunting, and the fact that most deer, elk, and whatever else (including bear and cats) aren't going to be coming at you after the first shot. An ankle holster? In the woods? Really?

He was obviously annoyed at the sound of my laughter, but who cares.

Happened to me today..

Cabelas in Tualatin:

I wanted to say:

If I'm thinking of the same old feller, he is plenty annoying and has a great store of half azzed wisdom that he is dying to impart! I try to be polite because he's older than dirt, and me, o_O so I just break contact ASAP. Not an easy task! :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top