JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So you can see this by peaking under the backing plate with a flashlight. (Photo from Timney Triggers)

This photo is an example of what your trigger bar (bottom) and striker (top) probably looked like before and is no good. Good engagement is the striker covering the trigger bar by at least 75% at the reset which equates to 80 or 90% at full engagement I believe.

timney-alpha-glock-26.jpg

I'm not sure but it's firing and resetting?
because you bent the cruciform, but the question is if you bent it enough....

The problem is bending the cruciform doesnt fix the reason the cruciform didnt make proper contact in the first place. I dont know of any OEM pistols that need the cruciform bent... Ive never been able to find out if bending the cruciform is an approved gunsmith technique but I do know its a modification...., Lots of people do it with P80s but Ive never heard of it needed with a serialized P80.

and heres why the concern. You can bend it just enough to get it to reset and run but not enough to make it drop safe. Consider: you can alter the slide to frame fit just by inserting a loaded magazine.

There is a gunsmith standard on sear engagement, 75% min. Seems to me if you want to modify the cruciform it would be good to know you did it proper.

Checked to see if it was drop safe by dropping it out at my shooting spot from different heights. Everything looks to be good and no body was shot so I'd say yes it's at at least 75% lol 😂. Functions exactly how it should be! Slide comes off, trigger resets, bullets go bang.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top