JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
https://www.news-leader.com/story/n...er-cali-ways-smoke-shop-glenstone/10173727002

Tragedy, and then it is worse.

"Court documents say the video footage from the store showed Rodriguez and her daughter talking, while a worker placed a firearm on the counter. Rodriguez is then reportedly seen pulling a second firearm out from under the counter while "smiling" and walking away with the gun in a "playful manner." She is then seen pulling back the slide, ejecting a bullet and releasing the slide. According to court documents, Rodriguez then is seen placing the butt of the gun back on the counter for a brief moment before pointing the gun at her daughter, who was about 50 feet away across the room, before the gun went off. "

Mag in, slide rack does not unload the gun. Why would she have racked the slide anyways?

And then there is this:

" However, she said she was not allowed to own or possess a firearm due to being convicted of a couple of felonies "

Holy moly. Giving fake video to the cops, felon in possession, shoots her daughter in the chest while playing with the gun and pointing it at her. Yea "the gun just went off all by itself on the counter" (smh).

Amazing, simply amazing. I thought the reporting was almost OK until I read this line:
" . . . she had been cleaning the register, picked up the gun, pulled back the slide (ejecting a bullet), then released the slide which put it back in place.

I suppose it could happen that way, but she could have more correctly said, 'which chambered the next cartridge from the magazine that she hadn't removed'.

". . . she had some familiarity with gun safety", my red bubblegum.

Amazing, simply amazing. I thought the reporting was almost OK until I read this line:
" . . . she had been cleaning the register, picked up the gun, pulled back the slide (ejecting a bullet), then released the slide which put it back in place.

I suppose it could happen that way, but she could have more correctly said, 'which chambered the next cartridge from the magazine that she hadn't removed'.

". . . she had some familiarity with gun safety", my red bubblegum.
What kind of writing would we expect? Yep, pee poor writing. Complete ignorance of the subject.
What is it about the news media that they completely refuses to learn anything about firearms?
I thought they were in Springfield OR? It'd be nice if the outlet would name the state. Nope.

The daughter has been treated and was in stable condition as of Thursday morning, according to a spokesperson from the Springfield Police Department.
At least that's a bit of good news. Time to find new parents.

What kind of writing would we expect? Yep, pee poor writing. Complete ignorance of the subject.
What is it about the news media that they completely refuses to learn anything about firearms?
I thought they were in Springfield OR? It'd be nice if the outlet would name the state. Nope.
Springfield, Missouri. It's from a Springfield, Missouri newspaper, so to them it's kind of obvious.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top