JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It took over 20 years for us to get together but we had been friends all those years . With her and I finally coming to our senses there have been relatively few surprises . However ...
Some little back round is due here . She is and has been a supervisor at a downtown hotel and has all the people skills necessary to deal with the masses of morons that confront her each day . Grace and dignity are the watch words for such difficult customer service .
I am a former service and service connected operator of some limited experience and have had contact with firearms all my life . I'd sooner heat a number two philipps cherry red and stick it in my eye than deal with the unwashed masses . I was once voted by my crew as "employee most likely to drag a customer over the counter and kick the living s--t out of them .

...at a local gun counter .
She is looking for something between my "O" frame variants and various .380's as the .32's and less just aren't enough and the .40 and .45 are a bit too much . I'm about to find out that she has done her home work .

Her , "I'm looking to buy a semi automatic hand gun ..."
Droid , interrupting " I have just the thing right here " as he reaches for a PINK Ruger LCP and places it on the counter .
She doesn't even look at it .
Her " I was about to say , as I was so rudely interrupted , I'm looking for a semiautomatic handgun between 380 Auto, or if you prefer , 9mm Browning, 9mm Corto, 9mm Kurz, 9mm Short, 9×17mm and 9 mm Browning Court and .45 ACP not to include anything in .40 . I'll consider a double stack magazine in .380 but single stack magazine in 9mm . The barrel needs to be at least 4" but the grip length is dependent on my small frame and expected method of carry . I would like an external safety . Now could you please show me what you have that falls within these requirements (raising voice slightly and demanding eye contact) THAT IS NOT F-----G PINK or direct me to someone that can?"
Droid , glances at me ...
Me , " The firearm is for her son , not me . I suggest you rearrange your customer service skills and cope as best you can "
Droid , makes the LCP vanish and immediately gets with the program as I drift over to the black guns and converse with a gray beard about shovelheads .
Greybeard , "I'm thinking your pretty lady just earned herself a significant discount "
Me , " You will have to convince her she earned it otherwise I can not guarantee a civil response "
Greybeard , (with a smile) "So I gather . I'll not be repeating the youngster's mistake . That is force of nature within that pretty lady . Not to be taken lightly"
Her , (with a glance our direction , finishes with the Droid) "Thank you for your time young man and don't bother apologizing as it would be insincere so close on the heals of such a social failure . Simply take it as an object lesson to NOT judge a book by its cover . Applying that lesson on a continuing basis will be apology enough "
Her , "Are we done here ?"
Me , (after introducing Graybeard) "I believe we are . Are you still hungry after your early evening snack?" (as I glance at the Droid)
Her , "Oh I don't believe I did any permanent damage and the bruised meat I left will be a convenient reminder " (while glancing at the Droid )
Droid , turns bright red and tries to disappear ...
Graybeard , all but stifles a laugh and wishes us a good evening .

We have since been back several times to purview their wares and continue the young droid's education in the social graces as well as a chance for me to learn a bit more about shovelheads from someone that has lived it for four decades .

My girl is a force of nature . It took twenty two years to nail this one down and I'm holding on loosely but not letting go . A keeper for sure .

~kop

We aspire to admire this Force of Nature from afar, if you would so oblige...

:s0122:

IDK, man... I've been to a lot of gun stores and heard a lot of banter and never heard any exchange like this at all. I've heard the "I don't want a pink .380" line however the way this is written screams "dear penthouse" to me

IDK, man... I've been to a lot of gun stores and heard a lot of banter and never heard any exchange like this at all. I've heard the "I don't want a pink .380" line however the way this is written screams "dear penthouse" to me
Hey, someone already posted the "this thread is worthless without pics". We're all patiently waiting :p

Offend this woman at your own peril.

lake.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews