JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I bought a P80 serialized lower and the trigger isn't resetting. When putting the slide on another lower trigger resets so I don't think it's the upper. I thought at first it was the stock trigger so I replaced with ZEV still same issue, I then thought it was maybe the striker assembly so I replaced that and still same issue. Trigger will reset if I let slide go slowly back into battery or if I rack it quickly but not if I keep my finger with trigger depressed on either method. I think maybe the rails on the lower are too high? At this point I'm stumped and spent an extra $150 to get it working and I'm still not knowing what's going on. I can send you a video if you'd like! Thanks!

Did you forget the rear pin that holds the rear rail section to the grip? Also holds the trigger housing in place

I've had 2 that I had to adjust the part of the trigger bar that actually catches the striker and holds it back (pictured below) if you really pay attention you can sometimes see it fail to catch. One was very much like you describe if you let the slide forward slow it reset but if you just dropped it, it wouldn't reset.

GLK-SP02303-03__69755.jpg

I've had 2 that I had to adjust the part of the trigger bar that actually catches the striker and holds it back (pictured below) if you really pay attention you can sometimes see it fail to catch. One was very much like you describe if you let the slide forward slow it reset but if you just dropped it, it wouldn't reset.

View attachment 1412726
There are a few vids on YouTube that explain this adjustment.

If you don't have one of these orange covers, I suggest you get one. It allows full visual inspection of the inner workings so you can diagnose your issue a little easier.

KIMG0300.JPG

No thank, the orange also attracts the eye to a useless place, which is why I only use black rear sights these days. If replacing the Glock back plate I'd recommend the SCD.
Not for shooting, for repairing. Can't say I've ever spent time looking at the wrong thing because of the color.

Also, what you linked is $80 for a $10 part.

OP could just Dremel off a chunk of an OE plate if he's feeling bubba

I wouldn't start bending on the cruciform (end of trigger bar) as a 1st thing to do.
Especially if it's a genuine Glock part. They are usually well made.

Make sure that you have a stock OEM genuine Glock 5lb trigger spring installed.
Not the aftermarket 6lb.
Make sure that you have a stock OEM genuine Glock 5.5lb striker spring installed.
Not a lower power aftermarket spring.
I would also be using a genuine Glock RSA for this troubleshoot.

Not for shooting, for repairing. Can't say I've ever spent time looking at the wrong thing because of the color.
Gotcha.

Also, what you linked is $80 for a $10 part.
Look at it again, that is not an accurate description.

OP could just Dremel off a chunk of an OE plate if he's feeling bubba
I'd probably do that before paying for one.

Make sure you're only using Glock OEM parts throughout including the trigger until you figure out the problem.
I second the inspection cover plate, without it's nearly impossible to see what's happening under the hood.

Never bend the cruciform
It needs to have at least 80% engagement with the firing pin sear, you need the orange inspection cover plate to check engagement.
Do the rails on the rear rail module sit flush with the block on the frame? If not thats an issue....

The top of the rails should sit flush with the mating part on the frame.
Do the rails on the rear rail module sit flush with the block on the frame? If not thats an issue....

Sitting flush ?
Do you mean that the two rail systems (RRM and LBRS) should be checked for parallel ?

RRM = rear rail module
LBRS = locking block rail system

The top of the rails should sit flush with the mating part on the frame.

Sitting flush ?
Do you mean that the two rail systems (RRM and LBRS) should be checked for parallel ?

RRM = rear rail module
LBRS = locking block rail system
In my experience, yes.

Although rereading the post this should not be an issue with the serialized frames.
I would still check though.

If you don't have one of these orange covers, I suggest you get one. It allows full visual inspection of the inner workings so you can diagnose your issue a little easier.

View attachment 1412853
Some of the most useful tips are stupid easy. I dunno why I never thought of cutting a spare backplate down for diagnostics. That woulda sure made life easier a time or two. 🤪

Thanks!!:s0155::s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top