JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just think of all of the extra money that would have been collected in the name of safety.

Never mind that I already have 10+ firearms. If I wanted another firearm, via a private sale, I'd be forced to pay for another background check. Must make the Dems feel really safe?

Not to mention that I have a CHL.

Aloha, Mark

Why were you voting for him in the first place? He doesn't live here anymore - he's been a NYC resident since he got married and only comes back for photo ops. Wyden is New York's THIRD Senator because we keep voting him back into office. We effectively get only one Senator and it's that dimwit Merkeley who does whatever Wyden tells him to.

Exactly!!! Voting for Anti 2A politicians by gun owners is cutting your nose off to spite your face.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wow. It's amazing how fast these guys can lose their position based on screwing around with my rights. I read this, and now I will never vote for the guy again. What's he even thinking? The bill would never pass the senate anyways! Why lose the votes, then?

Gun control: Wyden backs bill expanding background checks

If all the laws they proposed were passed we'd all be criminals.

Expanded background checks may have prevented some Oregon politicians though.

AMEN! CRIMINAL back ground checks for candidates and literacy and competence checks for voters. If you are disqualified from owning/buying a gun, why should you be allowed to vote? Also if you're not self supporting...no welfare recipients voting.
I'm gonna take a guess at which party would suffer the most from eliminating criminals, parasites and idiots from the voting rolls. I know this is a risky proposition and I would have traditionally been against it. However, since our 2A rights are subject to such constraints,, time to get hard. Anyone who thinks universal suffrage is a good thing (as in everyone gets a vote) should personally test the concept the next time they need medical care. Give the opinion of the druggie on the street corner the same weight as your Dr.

I find it hard to grasp that any gun owner would EVER vote for ANY demoncrat (and frankly a lot of R's), especially an obvious slimeball like Wyden.

Our design margin is used up. Time to stop being stupid. Past time.

Wow. It's amazing how fast these guys can lose their position based on screwing around with my rights. I read this, and now I will never vote for the guy again. What's he even thinking? The bill would never pass the senate anyways! Why lose the votes, then?

Coulda saved yourself some time {and votes} if you had noticed the little {D} after his name...just sayin.

Typical liberal politician. When confronted with a problem he can't solve he supports legislation that has negative effects on many people but does nothing to solve the problem.

A friend likens it to the school marm mentality. Since you don't know who shot the spit wad, just punish EVERYONE by making them put their head on the desk. Solves nothing but irritates everyone! Maybe it's time to be a little more aggressive about being punished for the crimes we DIDN'T commit? Not sure what form that should take but certainly NOT re-electing the same turds would be a good start.

Why did you vote for him in the first place? What were you even thinking?

He has always supported gun control, he voted against limiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers and has, obviously, voted in favor of increasing background checks and voted to renew the Federal Assault Weapons Ban.

As I grow and become more aware of the actual decisions that polititions make, I become more educated and can cast my vote towards the candidates that more likely fit my needs for the future.
Unfortunately, I was brought up by a very uninformed absentee mother that had opinions and problems but no values or solutions.
I'm doing the best I can with what I have today, and trying to learn as much as I can to do better tomorrow.
Sure am learning a lot here.

Last Edited:
A friend likens it to the school marm mentality. Since you don't know who shot the spit wad, just punish EVERYONE by making them put their head on the desk. Solves nothing but irritates everyone! Maybe it's time to be a little more aggressive about being punished for the crimes we DIDN'T commit? Not sure what form that should take but certainly NOT re-electing the same turds would be a good start.

Most of those school marms were unmarried, likely that kind of attitude will tell you why.

As I grow and become more aware of the actual decisions that polititions make, I become more educated and can cast my vote towards the candidates that more likely fit my needs for the future.
Unfortunately, I was brought up by a very uninformed absentee mother that had opinions and problems but no values or solutions.
I'm doing the best I can with what I have today, and trying to learn as much as I can to do better tomorrow.
Sure am learning a lot here.
Good on ya' for being willing and able to learn!
When voting, always remember there's very little politicians or government can do FOR you but there's plenty they can do TO you.

He needs to go, but I doubt that will happen anytime soon.:( I grew up here, my family is here, and I have always loved Oregon, but it's changed too much. It will be time to leave soon.

He needs to go, but I doubt that will happen anytime soon.:( I grew up here, my family is here, and I have always loved Oregon, but it's changed too much. It will be time to leave soon.

It's beginning to feel like I am living behind enemy lines. Hmmm...Maybe we can get Ron and Kate together to get us refugee status....Think about all that free stuff...:s0139:

More laws for criminals to break.
It's seems counter productive to even introduce a new law like this that doesn't make it easy to do a background check for private sales, without a fee.
It seems to me that a great place to start would be to cut the OSP out of the system and let dealers go straight to NICS like most other states do. Then Representative Kim Thatcher (R) from Keizer proposed this about 10 years ago when it was discovered Oregon was not looking at domestic abuse disqualifiers. In my simple mind paying to wait longer is not helpful and the fee added on to what an FFL will charge still dissuades some good folks to take the shady route and we have discussed many of those bad transactions in this forum. I or one would slash my private party fee to $10 or less if going straight to NICS.

Jeremy

Please keep in mind, while Wyden introduced the bill ALL democrats will be voting for it. All senate democrats voted against concealed carry reciprocity a couple years ago, while voting for "assault weapon", magazine bans and for "universal" background check bills shortly after Newtown. They stick together like glue and want to take your rights away regardless of what they say at election time.

Rob Wyden is part of the problem...

Certainly not part of the solution...

Does he pay Oregon State income tax on his congressional salary, special interest payoffs, and returns on investments?

Since he lives in New York in his sugar mommies (inherited wealth)purchased house, makes his trips to Oregon a couple times a year, and probably has some strawman address, so he probably does pay taxes.

F him right in the nose.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads