JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oregon won't change until they have run the companies that produce the jobs and taxes out of state. Shortly thereafter they won't be able to fund all the social programs and the house of cards collapses.

Oregon ideals:
  • If you make profits you are evil
  • If you use energy you are evil
  • If you empower Oregon subjects to do individual (vs the collective) things like have a personal vehicle you are evil
  • If you eat meat you are evil. Don't even talk about murdering defenseless animals in order to eat them.

With the impending PERS meltdown, it is going to be hard for the ruling class government workers to keep the cheese flowing to all the union supporters. When the movement of less than .5% in the investment returns speculation results in the school district across the state incurring an extra 530 million in tax liability, and the continued flailing of Comrade Brown and her Gang of Many tor try anything to bring money into the Ponzi hole you will see a gradual weakening of the economy.

When schools have 40 plus students in K - 6 classes, and the high school graduation rates get worse than they already are, you are going to play hell in convincing workers at companies that the Oregon schools are suitable. I suspect there will be some kind of political slight of hand and some band aid approach to the problem applied, and the can will be kicked farther down the road, to put off the inevitable collapse of the state government.

Of course that could be up to 20 years down the road, so anybody in government will be long retired and sucking their PERS checks up until they croak, and not giving a rats azz about it anymore anyway. Just push repeat and it starts all over again.

Last Edited:
Wow. It's amazing how fast these guys can lose their position based on screwing around with my rights. I read this, and now I will never vote for the guy again. What's he even thinking? The bill would never pass the senate anyways! Why lose the votes, then?

Gun control: Wyden backs bill expanding background checks

Wyden has been a gun control advocate as long as I can remember.

That is the same way I have always felt about him. I've been doing some reading after this post, and found that I have missed his staunch anti-gun policy stance.
I really wish they would all just stop trying to screw with those rights, so we can all focus on issues that are lawful and productive, and not detrimental to what makes this country the great place that it is.

I agree you finally found the correct information and are acting on your beliefs of the Constitution of the United States for all Americans.
I know that a lot of gun owners vote for Liberal politicians and that goes to say that you get what you pay for. If by chance that you really like all the other platforms that they stand on but yet the Second Amendment gets trampled then why don't all liberal 2A voters contact that these said politicians and tell them to knock that crap off or you'll vote for somebody else next time. This needs to happen right now and continue to be talk about to Pro 2A D voters.
There was a time way back when when Democrats were for the people. Even my parents were die-hard Democrats back in the day . That time has long expired since the Democratic party has turned into the progressive Liberal Party and should be labeled as such, a third party.

:s0137:

Personal Rant ... Emotional ... Point Of View ... Respectfully ...

"Nothing more crooked than a Politicians smile". These non august individuals are only in it for their own self ego and self aggrandizement? They are egocentric megalomaniacs who will do anything and everything to anybody, (including animals?) just to stay in office so they can continue their criminal behavior? I kinda doubt anyone of them has the testicles to even seriously consider individual fortitude, decency or bravery.

Criminal behavior here begin defined as advocating the diminishing of the US Constitution.

Have they even READ the US CONSTITUTION? Do they even have a clue as to what it means? Can we imagine THEIR self conceived non moral self indignant outrage if THEY had to undergo ANY kind of back ground check just to obtain the right to stand upon their own soapbox and spout anti Constitutional garbage from the filthy holes they call their mouths? Bells, hoops, whistles just to have the FREEDOM OF SPEECH?

Oh ... you need a license to speak your mind. Sorry ... you can NOT SAY THAT! You need to be careful what you say.

Or to be back ground checked and certified sane JUST TO GO TO THE CHURCH OF THEIR CHOICE AND WORSHIP THEIR OWN GOD IN THEIR OWN FASHION? Or to obtain a special license so they can feel secure inside their own homes and papers requiring a search warrant describing in exact detail the persons or things to be seized? Can THEY imagine NO Constitutional guarantees without being first raped by their own government?

Sorry. Your church has been closed. Not politically correct. We are the government. We don't need no stinking search warrant.

Yet they stand up and actually state that they are for increased back ground checks to buy a firearm? Makes no sense to me.

Thank you. :( :(

Last Edited:
I agree with him on some things, not on others. Unlike other politicians, he does not just blindly follow the party line and he seems to has some ethics, and tries to think about what is the best course. That is a LOT more than what most politicians can say.

He is always one of the first politicians to start in on gun control after every mass shooting or other "gun" incident. The day he weights in with a condemnation of cop killers, felons with guns, illegal aliens who are committing violent crimes ( multiple ones )and some with guns, then I might give him a small bit of props but until that day he is not worth the sweat off any of our ball sacks.

democrats participate in group think only, andrew cuomo just started calling for sane gun control right after another terrorist attack where a truck and knife were the weapons
toys were involved so there is the jump to gun control.....jeesh I need more guns to protect my family since the govt wont stop the killing

we need to demand passports to rent cars ....that will PO the dems and we teach them a lesson using their playbook, when they balk we only need to reply ...if we could save just one life

After actually watching an Everytown video it's horrible misinformation, obviously, but the opposition does nothing towards educating people. The stuff they show. They pretend responsible gun owners don't exist.

After actually watching an Everytown video it's horrible misinformation, obviously, but the opposition does nothing towards educating people. The stuff they show. They pretend responsible gun owners don't exist.

Somehow we need to counter that with the truth. At a certain level that's up to us individually through family friends, and neighbors. We need the groups who represent us to counter the Everytown/Moms propaganda with campaigns to show us as we really are. That's a missing element IMO of the large national organizations like the NRA.

We attended a meeting with the sheriffs of Malheur (Oregon), Washington (Idaho) , Payette (idaho) and Adams(Idaho) counties a couple of years ago specifically about gun rights. All 4 of them pledged to not enforce and prevent enforcement of any law they believe runs against the 2nd amendment. As the only elected law enforcement in any area they have ultimate authority. Even the feds have to get permission from them to operate in there jurisdictions. (We have enforced that law many times here in Idaho) these are the kind of guys that deserve our support (what does your Sheriff think?). We have to be vigilant about the people that represent us down to the lowest level, not just the federal level representatives.
Sheriff Glenn Palmer in Grant County is such a sheriff. I wish I lived in Grant County. Palmer has been the target of the local liberal cabal in Grant County, due to his role in the Malheur thing. They've tried to lynch him in the local newspaper, a liberal owned rag, The Blue Mountain Eagle. A retired Oregonian reporter from Portland apparently moved to Grant County and bought the local newspaper, and has been leading the attack on Palmer, writing slanted stories for the paper. Les Zaitz is the guy's name.
Les Zaitz (@LesZaitz) | Twitter
The long time locals hate the guy and have re-elected Palmer despite these attacks.

NY DEM Cuomo calls for more gun control after terrorist attack when no guns were used on citizens, toy guns were used for "death by cop if all else fails" in the most strict gun control state.

Rep Trump calls to end the "Dems Diversity Visa Lottery" how this terrorist got in our country and obviously still hates Americans
he followed the ISIS playbook which would include getting in the country

FINALLY some "common sense" controls from one politician where there is actual evidence of common sense!

Last Edited:
That is the same way I have always felt about him. I've been doing some reading after this post, and found that I have missed his staunch anti-gun policy stance.
I really wish they would all just stop trying to screw with those rights, so we can all focus on issues that are lawful and productive, and not detrimental to what makes this country the great place that it is.
The real issue is not when you voted... but now knowing what you know how you will react.

I bet it feels nice being an informed voter and not just a dead fish floating downstream. I don't blame you for previous actions, only actions that could have been prevented with knowledge that you now possess.

As I grow and become more aware of the actual decisions that polititions make, I become more educated and can cast my vote towards the candidates that more likely fit my needs for the future.
Unfortunately, I was brought up by a very uninformed absentee mother that had opinions and problems but no values or solutions.
I'm doing the best I can with what I have today, and trying to learn as much as I can to do better tomorrow.
Sure am learning a lot here.

The best thing you can do is write him a letter telling him just that.

The best thing you can do is write him a letter telling him just that.

I did just that.
I wrote him a letter urging his support of the Hearing Protection Act.
His "personal reply":

Dear Mr. Rogers:
Thank you for contacting me with your opposition to gun control. I appreciate hearing from you.
The recent mass shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School and Clackamas Town Center are tragedies, and as the father of three children under six, I cannot imagine the horror and heartbreak faced by the families of the young victims. Like many Oregonians, I believe in the right of law-abiding citizens to own guns. I am also committed to working for a number of policies that will help prevent these tragedies in the future and protect public safety.
First, I hope you can join me in supporting more mental health care services. My late brother Jeff suffered from a serious mental illness. My family was constantly aware of the potential for violence that Jeff's condition presented. As a country it is long past time to prioritize the awareness, diagnosis and treatment of mental health issues. Those with emotional and psychological disorders need our help. It is time to establish, once and for all, a system through which individuals who are found to be a potential threat to themselves or others can receive the treatment that they need. It also means assisting family members, friends, teachers, and other observers--including gun sellers and range owners--when they sense something is amiss and that an individual might need professional help.
Many gun owners already believe that gun rights include responsibilities. I believe gun owners have a responsibility to secure their weapons and prevent illegal use. Gun owners should have the responsibility to demonstrate proficiency with their firearm and familiarity with laws regarding them. In households with unlicensed individuals, gun owners must keep their firearms under lock and key. All owners have the responsibility to ensure that their own sales and transfers are conducted within a system to prevent dangerous individuals from obtaining weapons. Sales or transfers of dangerous weapons should not be conducted outside a well regulated retail system that checks for detailed criminal and mental health history. The federal background check database must be made substantially more accurate and comprehensive. This system must also include legal protection for licensed dealers who refuse a questionable sale.
This is not a simple problem with a single solution. Each solution should balance rights and responsibilities, promote responsible gun ownership and address the woeful lack of mental health services across the nation. I intend to do everything possible to move forward before our nation loses more of our children to yet another tragedy.
I'm grateful for your thoughts on gun ownership and will keep them in mind as we begin the new Congress and debate mental health issues and any gun safety measures. Again, thank you for keeping me apprised of the issues that are important to you. If I may be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,
<broken link removed>
Ron Wyden
United States Senator

I felt like a bloke after receiving this. I also knew he was not going to support the bill. Rep. Peter DeFazio Is a Oregon Democrat that is co-sponsoring the bill, which gave me some hope in the democratic stance on gun control.

Never vote for that guy. He is the enemy. He has done some good things but I don't trust politicians that don't trust us and don't educate themselves on the facts of the situation.

Wow. It's amazing how fast these guys can lose their position based on screwing around with my rights. I read this, and now I will never vote for the guy again. What's he even thinking? The bill would never pass the senate anyways! Why lose the votes, then?

Ron Wyden will vote for any kind of gun control bill that comes up. He should retire. I never vote for him, no matter who runs against him I will always vote for the other guy.

They know they cannot repeal the 2nd Amendment so they want to infringe it out of existence. Their goal is to make firearm purchases more costly, onerous and restrictive for law-abiding firearm purchasers.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top