JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I said what the Senate should do, you claim it's likely they won't but offer no reasoning or evidence of why they will approve his nomination.

In fact the ATF should be disbanded and it's areas of responsibility rolled into the FBI, but that won't happen under any Democrat. Maybe under the right Republican.
Evidence? How about the simple fact that Hearing Protection Act died repeatedly, and that National Reciprocity didn't get votes? How about the deafening silence on the topic of a complete repealing the NFA1934, GCA1968, FOPA Hughes Amendment laws from the party of "not Anti-2A"? Show us one Republican whose plank includes the abolition of the ATF.

Who was it that says they're "Law and Order" politicians? Certainly no shortage of new laws proposed that seeks to further infringe Rights, but a dead silence on the subject of repealing laws...

Evidence? How about the simple fact that Hearing Protection Act died repeatedly, and that National Reciprocity didn't get votes? How about the deafening silence on the topic of a complete repealing the NFA1934, GCA1968, FOPA Hughes Amendment laws from the party of "not Anti-2A"? Show us one Republican whose plank includes the abolition of the ATF.

Who was it that says they're "Law and Order" politicians? Certainly no shortage of new laws proposed that seeks to further infringe Rights, but a dead silence on the subject of repealing laws...
You had me at "evidence?"
Hear hear!

Not a republican but i recall one Jo Jorgensen talk about repealing the ATF

I said what the Senate should do, you claim it's likely they won't but offer no reasoning or evidence of why they will approve his nomination.

In fact the ATF should be disbanded and it's areas of responsibility rolled into the FBI, but that won't happen under any Democrat. Maybe under the right Republican.
The fbi is just as bad or worse! Your assuming the ATF had a right to exist under the IRS in the first place. Just disband them. The reason they created these laws was for gangs. I got news for ya the gangs are alive and THRIVING, our government is selling them their guns. Remember fast and furious.

Look at how they burried the hunter laptop. And now his illegally purchased gun.
This is more of that naivety i was talking about earlier. NOTHING has (or will ever) solve crime. Its a human condition. Its needs to be checked by a population of peers not just any one agency can solve this. ITS COMMON SENSE. "Come on man!"

The FBI was no different than a not-so-secret police org under Hoover. He was a colossal pile of crap and I've never understood why people pedestal the Feds since they haven't really changed all that much.

This is all you need to know about the Chipman:

Shannon Watts, founder of Moms Demand Action, praised the selection of Chipman, who she said would have been her top choice for the job.

His trophy photo of a burned out Waco. (Do not look too closely. :( )

trophy.png

The initial hearing is tomorrow, folks. Time to let your reps hear it.

Here's what the Oregon senators got from me:

Mr (X) - each senator got one,

I am writing to stress the need to oppose David Chipman for the role at the head of the ATF. Setting aside David Chipman's own words which speak to being ill-informed about firearms in general and some platforms in particular (I point your staff to pull up his Reddit AMA session) and his blatant mis-representation of events that occurred during the Waco siege, I point you to to the image in the following article:

Specifically, the image with the mark "USAWDTX 093-01048" in the upper right hand corner.

Posing in front of the rubble where 76 men, women, and children perished after remaining under siege by the US government is not only a "bad look," but it is a reprehensible decision that - to this day - has not even received the modicum of remorse from Mr. Chipman. And why? Because he holds none.

Supporting Mr. Chipman to lead ATF - the same organization that so recklessly took the actions at Waco that also led to such an abhorrent response from noted domestic terrorist Tim McVeigh - tells me as an independent voter that the Democratic Senators representing Oregon care more for bias against firearms and a party vote than holding all people accountable for behavior beyond the pale. A vote for Chipman is a vote to excuse the deaths of the children who didn't ask for the Waco or Oklahoma catastrophes.

If your vote of conscience is a "yes" vote for David Chipman, then many of your constituents will see your ethics as no better than Trump, the person we gladly expunged from office this past year. If your goal is to be morally equivalent to Trump, then a vote yes won't hurt your reputation any.

Regards,

Oregon resident and independent voter watching this closely

They don't care about gun restrictions since they want those, so I chose to highlight that they'd be voting for someone who unapologetically was part of the slaughter of women and children.
And no, I didn't vote Biden - my 3rd party vote didn't move the needle, but it does give me moral high ground in talking to Dems when they try the, "but you voted Trump" BS.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top