JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At least now we see your true colors.
You did it to yourselves. Its not going to get any better and stop expecting the rest of the world to rise up and defeat the demons you live with. If it does go down it will be because, yeah, its unconstitutional and given the current makeup of the court it wont stand but I believe in the rights of state to govern themselves. Your state and the majority of your fellow citizens have chosen by your own rules to be a welfare state run by hippies. Can't help you there. Get out. Seriously. Its not going to get better. They will probably suffer a defeat o this on in court but this is just the first salvo. They will nanny state you and tax you into the ground.

Last Edited:
Generally Speaking (which means not everyone but most) -

The same people on here throwing a fit about tax stamps/pistol braces/bump stocks/MG/SBR/suppressors etc. are the same people who are already getting ready to carry with 10 round mags, revolvers, taking photos of everything they have and sending them to the governor when 114 goes into effect. blah blah blah.

If you wanna play (and be legal) you pay. If not then you don't buy the tax stamp and STFU about it and run what you got. We all know if the ATF comes out and says no more braces y'all are going to remove them and throw them in the closet or you're gunna pay for the stamp. Cause you dont want the fine/charge/prison time. Just like y'all are currently doing here with mags and permits.

Don't sh!t where you eat.

Yup!

It amazes me how some members here will talk all big and tough about not "registering" with the NFA or even not getting a CHL because "F the government" but the second a new law is in place they shill to .gov and fall in line like good little sheep.

I said SOME, not all.

Yup!

It amazes me how some members here will talk all big and tough about not "registering" with the NFA or even not getting a CHL because "F the government" but the second a new law is in place they shill to .gov and fall in line like good little sheep.

I said SOME, not all.
Exactly.

I won't go down the stamp collecting road, but mostly because I don't have much interest in the kind of toys that require them. SBRs, suppressors, and such just aren't my cup of tea, no offense intended.

Another mildly relevant observation, and this isn't directed towards anyone here in particular (at all): it's been my experience that those involved in the tax stamp system generally (but not always by any means) seem more comfortable with the system, and less resistant to more restrictions on firearms in general.

For example, I had a coworker a few years back who was a big class-3 collector (mostly MGs). We were talking one day and he said that he'd gone through a lot of time and expense, paperwork and background checks over the years. As a result he was comfortable with the system, and didn't think it was right that the average guy off the street could just walk in and buy a gun. He thought universal background checks, mandatory safety training, and full registration were all good ideas.

I won't go down the stamp collecting road, but mostly because I don't have much interest in the kind of toys that require them. SBRs, suppressors, and such just aren't my cup of tea, no offense intended.

Another mildly relevant observation, and this isn't directed towards anyone here in particular (at all): it's been my experience that those involved in the tax stamp system generally (but not always by any means) seem more comfortable with the system, and less resistant to more restrictions on firearms in general.

For example, I had a coworker a few years back who was a big class-3 collector (mostly MGs). We were talking one day and he said that he'd gone through a lot of time and expense, paperwork and background checks over the years. As a result he was comfortable with the system, and didn't think it was right that the average guy off the street could just walk in and buy a gun. He thought universal background checks, mandatory safety training, and full registration were all good ideas.
Meh, I have 75 going on 77 stamps at this point. Every stamp I have is a waste of money that couldl be better used to buy more hardware. I dont care all that much because its a couple of hundred here and a couple of hundred there. SBR stamps essentially destroy the sale-a-bility of a firearms. Makes guns worthless in effect. I'd love the NFA to go away but it won't and I prefer sleeping next to Natasha to sleeping next to Bubba so I keep on. I could care less what anyone has to do to buy or build gun but if I have to I have to, Caring isn't something I give a crap about.

The same people on here throwing a fit about tax stamps/pistol braces/bump stocks/MG/SBR/suppressors etc. are the same people who are already getting ready to carry with 10 round mags, revolvers, taking photos of everything they have and sending them to the governor when 114 goes into effect. blah blah blah.

If you wanna play (and be legal) you pay. If not then you don't buy the tax stamp and STFU about it and run what you got. We all know if the ATF comes out and says no more braces y'all are going to remove them and throw them in the closet or you're gunna pay for the stamp. Cause you dont want the fine/charge/prison time. Just like y'all are currently doing here with mags and permits.

Don't sh!t where you ea

Don't sh!t where you eat.
I'm not taking one brace off-- AZ has a Second Amendment Sanctuary law, so the ATF can stuff it. Besides nobody has the right to allow the sale of an item & then retroactively take my property without compensation

I'm not taking one brace off-- AZ has a Second Amendment Sanctuary law, so the ATF can stuff it. Besides nobody has the right to allow the sale of an item & then retroactively take my property without compensation
That's fine. Federal trumps State. But if you're actually doing what you're saying I respect the hell out of that. Which is why I said GENERALLY speaking.

That's fine. Federal trumps State.
Agreed. All a sactuary state can offer you is... if the fed's come to award you shiny bracelets... you can have the peace of mind that the State LEO didn't help in the evidence gathering and one won't be along for the ride getting the fed's their coffee. 👍

Best case....

I still think it's a great thing for states to do though. Make the feds do their own damn work and... at any level... a show of solidarity and defiance against fed corruption is a good thing, IMO. Even if it's mainly lip service.

Yes, Oregon sucks. However, there are a lot of assumptions that we voted for this, or that we are being faithfully represented in Salem. WE did not vote for this...And based on all of the canned responses endorsing the exact opposite of what I have written my reps about (or what we put them in office for), we are not being faithfully represented either. Nor is their oath to the constitution being upheld.

But someone did vote for this crap. Some voted multiple times. Some voted from the grave. Some are no longer legal residents of Oregon yet still vote in Oregon. Consider that Oregon became the first state to mandate vote by mail and where it has taken us today. Consider the documented problems in Clackamas county and other corruption evident in and around Portland. Consider the timing of vote by mail compared to the last time Oregon had a governor or reps that weren't whack-job leftists. Consider the state of our education, health, jobs, taxes, cost of living, and increased bureaucracy since mail voting went into effect.

Now consider this same model is being deployed nation wide....
Is there any place safe to go? Maybe for a time, but the same crap is coming to a neighborhood near you, so fleeing is not a long term option.

Last Edited:
Agree just because we live here DOES NOT mean we as individuals voted for it. That's like saying "you voted for Biden" because you live in the US. Stop saying that crap please you people that do that just piss people off. I think form now on every time we hear it we should say the poster voted for Biden and see how they like it.

Agree just because we live here DOES NOT mean we as individuals voted for it. That's like saying "you voted for Biden" because you live in the US. Stop saying that crap please you people that do that just piss people off. I think form now on every time we hear it we should say the poster voted for Biden and see how they like it.
I get that but yeah, as a state you're screwed. Portland , Salem , Eugene. All thr population centers of the state are heavily Democrat and not the old school having jobs Union style of Democrat. Theyre just whack job and they outnumber you. They will always outnumber you and theyre bringing their friends up from California.Its only going to get worse. I made the decision to get out of there years ago. Best thing I ever did. The rest of the country isn't like that for the most part.

I get that but yeah, as a state you're screwed. Portland , Salem , Eugene. All thr population centers of the state are heavily Democrat and not the old school having jobs Union style of Democrat. Theyre just whack job and they outnumber you. They will always outnumber you and theyre bringing their friends up from California.Its only going to get worse. I made the decision to get out of there years ago. Best thing I ever did. The rest of the country isn't like that for the most part.
I hate this, but agree. And I feel my family may be chasing freedom for as long as it lasts. Heading out when I can get the house ready for market.

I hate this, but agree. And I feel my family may be chasing freedom for as long as it lasts. Heading out when I can get the house ready for market.
I hear you. I think people are going to have to start making "freedom sanctuary" communities, states, whatever. Unless there is a community-wide active effort to protect our freedoms and take on those who wish to change it then more areas will fall to the disease.

IMO, there's a special place in hell for cowards and traitors. Even more so for those that spit on wounded patriots and those willing to fight for what they believe is right. Quit bubbleguming and moaning about it, just get out and don't let the door hit you in the bubblegum.

If we leave Oregon, yet do nothing different to protect our rights than we did when we were still living here, then we should plan on the same crap following us... because we will be the same people, reacting the same way, reaping the same consequences...

I want out of this state, too. But I also don't want to screw up another state because I chose not to learn any lessons from this fiasco.

If we leave Oregon, yet do nothing different to protect our rights than we did when we were still living here, then we should plan on the same crap following us... because we will be the same people, reacting the same way, reaping the same consequences...

I want out of this state, too. But I also don't want to screw up another state because I chose not to learn any lessons from this fiasco.
Then bang your head against the wall . You'll get the same effect. Portland has already soaked up the poor from San Francisco and the ones who can't afford Portland are filling up the rest of the state. Sometimes it's just best to move on.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews