JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like Rock River Arms hasn't gotten your 'doom & gloom' message...

That's cause they are still legal….. no decision on braces has been made yet. Everything right now is all opinions and conjecture. Hopes and dreams.

That's cause they are still legal….. no decision on braces has been made yet. Everything right now is all opinions and conjecture. Hopes and dreams.
It just seems like there's always this one guy on here that's all 'doom & gloom' about the whole thing-- I didn't buy SBA3 & SBA4 braces just to throw them away or destroy them & I saw what happened to the bump-stock owners--Nothing

It just seems like there's always this one guy on here that's all 'doom & gloom' about the whole thing
Doom and Gloom is just that…. Until it becomes a reality. In all honesty only time will tell.

Currently the entire 2A community is Doom and Gloom. Full of conspiracy, corruption, and a lot of tin foil hat scenarios.

Currently the entire 2A community is Doom and Gloom. Full of conspiracy, corruption, and a lot of tin foil hat scenarios.
There are, admittedly 2 different types of people in the 2A community.

Those that try to stay vigilant, try to anticipate what the anti's have planned for us next, and fight back for our rights as they are able. Not just for today, but to preserve those right for future generations.

On the other side, there are the ones that are perfectly fine with a few infringments here and there. "It's not that big of a deal." "It doesn't impact me." "Infringments are going to happen so don't sweat the little ones and pick your battles".

They tend to call the first group, "doom and gloomers" while the first group tends to call the later "part of the problem."

Personally, I feel obligated to fight every infringment no matter how small and if it personally impacts me or not. A right is a right. The erosion of rights is a proven "thing", it's an effective tool for the anti's and what has gotten us to where we are today. It's relentless, constantly being on the defensive side always has us at a disadvantage and freedom is a right worth defending.

For me, I prefer being labelled a "doom and gloomer" in defending our rights vs. being part of the problem that may see my children or grand children no longer have the freedom, the tools and ability to defend themselves or their loved ones.

I think most would agree that the current pattern of going softer on crime while increasingly limiting the ability of LE to act and citizens rights to defend themselves is a recipe for disaster.

All I can say is... it sure would be nice if more supposed 2A supporters and politicians tried to be more a part of the soluton and much less a part of the problem. But that's just me. ;)

Heres my prediction for braced pistols. come December given what Ive seen released and leaked and their past practice...

Sometime in December the ATF issues their new guidelines for braced pistols. I think they'll keep the points sheet . It will be difficult to retain the brace using the point sheet and if you go over they will be considered SBR's. The ATF will do an amnesty period possibly up to a year. They will ban production of new braced pistols and the ransfer of existing braced pistols. You dont have to like the term amnesty but that is what they call it because you will be in possession of a contraband SBR and like it or not you will choose to go along with the amnesty requirements or continue in possession of a contraband SBR. The will probably offer free form 1 registration if you can prove you actually have a braced pistol which you will do by including photographs of your braced pistol with the form 1 package.

No going door to door but if you retain the brace without paperwork it will be an SBR and they will deal with yor contraband SBR the same way they do no which is they RARELY prosecute illegal SBR possession. The ATF cares about machineguns. Silencers a little. Everything else not so much

They will get challenged in court within a week of the release of the plan as soon as take your pic of gun groups can get someone with standing to file suit. There will be a stay placed on the plan almost immediately. It MAY make it to the SCOTUS but I think it more likely Congress will step in and either strip the SBR configuration out of the NFA or pass a law grandfathering in braced pistols probably the latter. They'll do this to keep the NFA itself from getting challenged in a SCOTUS case.

I'm still filing for my free stamp day one.

Heres my prediction for braced pistols. come December given what Ive seen released and leaked and their past practice...

Sometime in December the ATF issues their new guidelines for braced pistols. I think they'll keep the points sheet . It will be difficult to retain the brace using the point sheet and if you go over they will be considered SBR's. The ATF will do an amnesty period possibly up to a year. They will ban production of new braced pistols and the ransfer of existing braced pistols. You dont have to like the term amnesty but that is what they call it because you will be in possession of a contraband SBR and like it or not you will choose to go along with the amnesty requirements or continue in possession of a contraband SBR. The will probably offer free form 1 registration if you can prove you actually have a braced pistol which you will do by including photographs of your braced pistol with the form 1 package.

No going door to door but if you retain the brace without paperwork it will be an SBR and they will deal with yor contraband SBR the same way they do no which is they RARELY prosecute illegal SBR possession. The ATF cares about machineguns. Silencers a little. Everything else not so much

They will get challenged in court within a week of the release of the plan as soon as take your pic of gun groups can get someone with standing to file suit. There will be a stay placed on the plan almost immediately. It MAY make it to the SCOTUS but I think it more likely Congress will step in and either strip the SBR configuration out of the NFA or pass a law grandfathering in braced pistols probably the latter. They'll do this to keep the NFA itself from getting challenged in a SCOTUS case.

I'm still filing for my free stamp day one.
Ah yes. The righteous vs. the unrighteous.

To paraphrase my dear old dad" your feelings and 4 bucks will get you a cup of coffee "
To quote Thomas Jefferson:

""When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty."

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

And,

"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

I understand that compliance is a reality, especially when there is no other choice to exercise the 2nd Amendment. However, accepting restrictions as an immovable object or necessary evil is to admit that tyranny will be the ultimate victor; because for the sake of reality, you will let the government do as it pleases.

I would hope people who think like you have some sort of line-in-the-sand, otherwise it is indeed a fruitless effort for us "complainers."

To quote Thomas Jefferson:

""When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty."

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

And,

"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

I understand that compliance is a reality, especially when there is no other choice to exercise the 2nd Amendment. However, accepting restrictions as an immovable object or necessary evil is to admit that tyranny will be the ultimate victor; because for the sake of reality, you will let the government do as it pleases.

I would hope people who think like you have some sort of line-in-the-sand, otherwise it is indeed a fruitless effort for us "complainers."
Yes, compliance is a reality. What matters is not that you aren't happy with the situation, its what you do to make the best of the situation you are in. I tend to steer clear of people who have no problem committing federal felonies. From what Ive seen they'll rat out Mother Theresa to save their own skin when it comes time to plea down their sentence. Yeah, thats reality.

Yes, compliance is a reality. What matters is not that you aren't happy with the situation, its what you do to make the best of the situation you are in. I tend to avoid people who have no problem committing federal felonies. From what Ive seen they'll rat out Mother Theresa so save their own skin when it comes time to plea out.
I don't disagree with this statement, but also would add that, on top of making the best of the situation, it also matters that I do what I can to change such an undesirable situation.

Also, I've personally never committed a felony, nor am I claiming I am going to run around purposely breaking Federal laws that I don't like. I will use legal outlets available to me to fight and resist those laws whenever possible.

That being said, I do believe that reality for 2nd Amendment supporters may someday be this: lose the 2A entirely, or resist infringements by breaking laws. Hopefully I'm wrong, especially since there have been some encouraging signs in recent Supreme Court cases!

I don't disagree with this statement, but also would add that, on top of making the best of the situation, it also matters that I do what I can to change such an undesirable situation.

Also, I've personally never committed a felony, nor am I claiming I am going to run around purposely breaking Federal laws that I don't like. I will use legal outlets available to me to fight and resist those laws whenever possible.

That being said, I do believe that reality for 2nd Amendment supporters may someday be this: lose the 2A entirely, or resist infringements by breaking laws. Hopefully I'm wrong, especially since there have been some encouraging signs in recent Supreme Court cases!
I have seen a massive expansion of gun rights and opportunities in my lifetime. A few setbacks such as the 68 GCA and even parts of the FOPA. Huge increases in concealed carry opportunity and a MASSIVE proliferation of weapon availability and if adjusted for inflation lower costs. The brace thing was a mistake by the ATF doing something they never had the authority to do but it did get people used to the handiness and utility of SBR's .I dont get bent out of shape much by that. That may help in the removal of them from the NFA. The original intent of the NFA was to remove pistols from general circulation. SBR's were just a next best thing in 1934.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top