JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Problem won't be 'solved' until these atf a-holes refund the money I spent on the brace
Good point, did you send them a bill yet?

Edit: If they don't pay up, take them to small claims court and request that a lien be put on the local ATF building/property. It would be fun to see if anybody from the ATF would show up in court.

Last Edited:
Good point, did you send them a bill yet?

Edit: If they don't pay up, take them to small claims court and request that a lien be put on the local ATF building/property. It would be fun to see if anybody from the ATF would show up in court.
I suspect it wouldn't turn out funny at all, my guess is the atf would have the small claims case remanded to a higher court, where the plaintiff would be in need of a lawyer & upon losing get handed the bill from both sides

I suspect it wouldn't turn out funny at all, my guess is the atf would have the small claims case remanded to a higher court, where the plaintiff would be in need of a lawyer & upon losing get handed the bill from both sides
Sovereign immunity largely protects the government from lawsuits except in certain cases. Suing them for complying with federal law? Not happening.

How does one get amnesty for something legally purchased?
I believe the proposal is to submit your application with a picture to see if one "QUALIFIES" for a free stamp. Your picture and information will be evaluated using the ATF's form 41 to see if You meet requirements for the "free" stamp. If you do not, the ATF now has your information and picture to prove you possess what they will define as an SBR. You will have the option of destroying, surrendering, paying $200 or waiting for a visit from Agents.
There is some thought removing the brace "may" revert it to a pistol. The question is what about the brace. Would it have to be surrendered like bump stocks?
Yes it is all unConstitutional under the SCOTUS recent Bruin decision covering text, history etc., but then so is the ATF.

How does one get amnesty for something legally purchased?
I believe the proposal is to submit your application with a picture to see if one "QUALIFIES" for a free stamp. Your picture and information will be evaluated using the ATF's form 41 to see if You meet requirements for the "free" stamp. If you do not, the ATF now has your information and picture to prove you possess what they will define as an SBR. You will have the option of destroying, surrendering, paying $200 or waiting for a visit from Agents.
There is some thought removing the brace "may" revert it to a pistol. The question is what about the brace. Would it have to be surrendered like bump stocks?
Yes it is all unConstitutional under the SCOTUS recent Bruin decision covering text, history etc., but then so is the ATF.
I really have no idea why people are having a problem understanding the concept of amnesty periods. Its not that difficult. Sure , you can buy something and it can be completely legal when you buy it. Then the rules or laws change and its not legal any more. And its not that its actually being made illegal. It will still be legal to own but if you want to keep it you are going to have to register it as an SBR in accordance with the NFA. Its not that you have to meet any requirements. The picture just to show you have one so you dont do like people like me would and register everything I own if they give free stamps out. In the history ( tradition ) of US gun laws its happened MANY times. 1934, 1968, 1982, 1994 etc . If you file a form 1 you are applying for an excise tax stamp. You dont have to meet any requirements other the ability to own a SBR. If your picture is determined to be a actual pistol then you dont have to SBR it. The Amnesty just period gives you a period of time to register the firearm as an SBR without getting in trouble for owning said now unlicensed SBR. Its a get out of (free?) jail ticket. USE IT. Its a good thing . Waiting until after the grace period ( amnesty period ) is over to see what happens is stupid!!!
As far as the stock goes it ( the brace) will just be a stock. You can buy stocks now. You will still be able to buy stocks.

Last Edited:
Waiting until after the grace period ( amnesty period ) is over to see what happens is stupid!!!
What's stupid is calling people stupid if they choose an option other than the one you chose for youself.

Not everyone is so hyped up and excited to have their names added to the NFA registry as you are. It will be challenged. There are also a bill being introduced to remove SBR's (and other items) from the NFA. Maybe they will be successful and maybe they won't.

For some, it's perfectly reasonable to wait it out and decide later. In the best case, your "SBR" is no longer an NFA item, no registration is required and you're free to go about your law abiding business. Option B... remove your brace and run it as a pistol... and again... no need to add your name to big brothers registry. Option C... decide you can't live without your "SBR", step over the cliff and pay your $200.

It's not likely to break anyones bank to pay, if they decide on option C, but why register if it turns out you didn't have to? I don't think that's at all an unreasonable gamble, but I'm also not going to go bashing on anyone and calling them an idiot if they don't have a problem with being flagged with an NFA on big brother registry and getting a free stamp... if they so choose.

What's stupid is calling people stupid if they choose an option other than the one you chose for youself.

Not everyone is so hyped up and excited to have their names added to the NFA registry as you are. It will be challenged. There are also a bill being introduced to remove SBR's (and other items) from the NFA. Maybe they will be successful and maybe they won't.

For some, it's perfectly reasonable to wait it out and decide later. In the best case, your "SBR" is no longer an NFA item, no registration is required and you're free to go about your law abiding business. Option B... remove your brace and run it as a pistol... and again... no need to add your name to big brothers registry. Option C... decide you can't live without your "SBR", step over the cliff and pay your $200.

It's not likely to break anyones bank to pay, if they decide on option C, but why register if it turns out you didn't have to? I don't think that's at all an unreasonable gamble, but I'm also not going to go bashing on anyone and calling them an idiot if they don't have a problem with being flagged with an NFA on big brother registry and getting a free stamp... if they so choose.
Committing federal felonies is stupid. Waiting patiently for pro gun legislation to fly through Congress ( while the grace period goes away) and get signed by Joe Biden or really ANY President? Yeah,, pretty dumb . They want to expand the NFA not reduce its scope.

Yeah sure, take the stock off. Dont sell it with the gun when you get tired of it. People go to jail for that.

Last Edited:
If folks want to wait it out and consider all options, take off the brace until it's sorted and you're not comitting anything.

It's not either/or. What a concept!! 🤣
They can wait it out. They just lose out on what will probably be a tax free registration period . We all make choices.

They can wait it out. They just lose out on what will probably be a tax free registration period . We all make choices.
Agreed. And if SBR's get booted from the NFA or the rule is repealed... they sure bought off a lot of people with a free stamp for nothing. Their names certainly won't ever be deleted from the "possession of a dangerous item" red flag federal registry.

The point being, there is more than one viable option to choose from and they all come with some amount of risk. It's up to each to decide what risk, rewards and what they are willing to live with... for them.

It just sticks in my craw when people start blasting others and name calling if everyone doesn't agree with THIER choice. Keep it civil and it's not necessary to repeat yourself over and over and over. You're happy about sheepling it and think everyone should too. We get it.🤣

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top