JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Are you saying the report is false or just that you like cops so much you'd let them kill all the unarmed, innocent civilians they wanna?
The cop(s) did not kill an unarmed citizen in this particular instance, however. Those of us who choose to carry assume one of the greatest risks a person can walking around in public. This is a very sad story, one that could've been avoided had the citizen acted differently.

There will always be a few who don't appreciate the lives that are saved by under paid committed Police officers. There are a FEW bad apples in all things meant to be good. Doctors, Ministers and yes Law Enforcement.

This article says the good guy was holding the suspects AR when he was shot. If that's true, I'm not sure what he was thinking. Doesn't make it right, but we need to make the best decisions possible when our lives depend on others judgement call. Don't be holding a gun when the cops roll up. Especially when a cop just got shot.

The cop(s) did not kill an unarmed citizen in this particular instance, however. Those of us who choose to carry assume one of the greatest risks a person can walking around in public. This is a very sad story, one that could've been avoided had the citizen acted differently.
It's true, all the armed citizen needed to do was ignore the shoplifting, turn his head & walk away.

I'm sure I can ignore every crime that is not personally pointed in my direction--it's easy for me to not give a rat's butt, I've been practicing for years as it's related to my profession

It's true, all the armed citizen needed to do was ignore the shoplifting, turn his head & walk away.

I'm sure I can ignore every crime that is not personally pointed in my direction--it's easy for me to not give a rat's butt, I've been practicing for years as it's related to my profession
You buys yer ticket you takes yer chances.

Man killed by police was trying to stop mass shooting--The good samaritan was shot when backup arrived

Sure hope I can ignore the next mass shooting I see
You do you. As I noted above, my training contraindicates inserting myself into a violent event. I carry to protect my loved ones, my person, and my property, and in that order. YMMV.

Man killed by police was trying to stop mass shooting--The good samaritan was shot when backup arrived

Sure hope I can ignore the next mass shooting I see
If you're at an active shooter situation and your walking around/standing around with a firearm you have not processed the scene very well and it is your fault the police have deemed you as a threat. Use your head. Especially if you are going to be carrying a firearm. Risk vs Reward. Simple. It's sad the guy is deceased but at the end of the day it sounds to me like it was more his fault then the cops. Cops have very limited information when they are showing up to a chaotic and unknown scene. They have to act with the greater good of the public in mind. I truly don't want to interact with your comments but you seem to be clueless in the career field of LE. It's a job in which they never win in someone's eyes. You don't neutralize a threat and then stand in the crime scene with the suspects firearm… that's just stupid…

The FIRST thing you learn in a defensive shooting and/or CCW training is that you only draw a weapon in the response to a LETHAL THREAT. Holding shoplifters at gunpoint is not only abjectly stupid and a criminal offense, but as this poor fellow found out, dangerous.
Unless your profession is law enforcement, you are placing yourself in grave danger being a vigilante.

Takes courage to risk your life for others, hero getting killed shows what a risk it is. I hope somebody like him is there for my family when I am not. :s0093:

Are you saying the report is false or just that you like cops so much you'd let them kill all the unarmed, innocent civilians they wanna?

I'm not going to to play this game with you. It's not worth my time nor my energy. If someone else wants to by all means.
Since I have the longest post in this thread y'all know I'm generally up for a thoughtful exchange of ideas. In this case though I'm with @1775usmc , think I need to go wash my cat. :cool:

This article says the good guy was holding the suspects AR when he was shot. If that's true, I'm not sure what he was thinking. Doesn't make it right, but we need to make the best decisions possible when our lives depend on others judgement call. Don't be holding a gun when the cops roll up. Especially when a cop just got shot.

Correct. You may go in with the best of intentions: Cops don't you're the proverbial "good guy with a gun." All they know is "guy with a gun." Now there are not enough details here to determine fault yet. Most likely scenario is a very unfortunate misunderstanding on the part of the cop which led to the untimely death of a really good guy.

If you're at an active shooter situation and your walking around/standing around with a firearm you have not processed the scene very well and it is your fault the police have deemed you as a threat. Use your head. Especially if you are going to be carrying a firearm. Risk vs Reward. Simple. It's sad the guy is deceased but at the end of the day it sounds to me like it was more his fault then the cops. Cops have very limited information when they are showing up to a chaotic and unknown scene. They have to act with the greater good of the public in mind. I truly don't want to interact with your comments but you seem to be clueless in the career field of LE. It's a job in which they never win in someone's eyes. You don't neutralize a threat and then stand in the crime scene with the suspects firearm… that's just stupid…
Yeah, it's definitely not the cop who shot the man's fault--I bet that cop's gun even jumped right outta his holster all by itself

The dead civilian actually stopped the mass shooter

Hope you can walk away from the next mass shooting you see in progress, otherwise we might be reading about your 'accidental' death by cop someday
Reading about a hero cop that died and a hero civilian that died to save others is what true Americans are about in my opinion, sacrifice is common. Civilian died from mistaken identity in my opinion.

Cop that killed him seeing a rifle in his hands and a dead cop and a dead civilian. Was he supposed to wait and be killed too? Friendly fire.

It's risk vs reward. The reward is potentially saving innocent life. The risk is inserting yourself in to a chaotic situation where you dramatically increase the chance of dieing.

Can you live with yourself not acting when you could have, and lives being lost as a result?

There are no right or wrong answers.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews