JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Cpt.jpeg

Perhaps in you crappy state where people are prosecuted for defending themselves while actual criminals are allowed to run rampant, but in most states shooting an active is a good shoot.
There is, generally speaking, very little legal scrutiny when it comes to stopping, or making a serious effort to stop, an active shooter.

Charges here against the defender would be outrageous.

There is, generally speaking, very little legal scrutiny when it comes to stopping, or making a serious effort to stop, an active shooter.

Charges here against the defender would be outrageous.
THAT.....also goes for a security person trying to stop a shoplifter.

Not to mention, that now a days......it appears that the shoplifter has carte blanche to use force to escape. Because.....SOME OF the public believes that NO AMOUNT of force in the prevention (or capture) of a property theft suspect is justifiable. YEAH....the court of Public Opinion is powerful. And, often the idea of "the first WRONG" gets lost.

Aloha, Mark

THAT.....also goes for a security person trying to stop a shoplifter.

Not to mention, that now a days......it appears that the shoplifter has carte blanche to use force to escape. Because.....SOME OF the public believes that NO AMOUNT of force in the prevention (or capture) of a property theft suspect is justifiable. YEAH....the court of Public Opinion is powerful. And, often the idea of "the first WRONG" gets lost.

Aloha, Mark
I honestly haven't seen any public outcry against using force to protect property. It usually comes down to a matter of law that DAs are free to pursue due to statutes.

I honestly haven't seen any public outcry against using force to protect property. It usually comes down to a matter of law that DAs are free to pursue due to statutes.

Force vs Deadly Force. And/or....the threat of the use of such a measure.

Anyway....YOU (if you're in the position) get to decide what you're gonna do. And, you will own....whatever comes next.

YES....a lot of the outcome......will depend on the DA and the environment of where stuff happens and the conditions of the environment at the time. Though that being said.....sometimes it can be "fickle". So then, speaking as an ex-LEO.....it's not REALLY a position that I'd like to be in anymore. IMHO.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....remember the "Fleeing Felon Rule"? OMG?!?!

Last Edited:
RE : Post #28, #29 and #30

My son was wondering if he should take a new job, doing security work. So, he asked me.....if, he should do it or not. And what I thought about security guard work. I asked him, WHY? His response was that the pay was significantly higher than what he was currently getting.

In my mind....I imagined a scenario.......

Security Officer : Hey you. Mind putting that back?
Suspect : F-you, Rent A Cop. Make me.
Security Officer : You're right. Have a nice day.

Who will have YOUR BACK if/when things go sideways? Rrrrrright...... Definitely, I wasn't suited for the job. And probably, he isn't either.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
RE : Post #28, #29 and #30

My son was wondering if he should take a new job, doing security work. So, he asked me.....if, he should do it or not. And what I thought about security guard work. I asked him, WHY? His response was that the pay was significantly higher than what he was currently getting.

In my mind....I imagined a scenario.......

Security Officer : Hey you. Mind putting that back?
Suspect : F-you, Rent A Cop. Make me.
Security Officer : You're right. Have a nice day.

Who will have YOUR BACK if/when things go sideways? Rrrrrright...... Definitely, I wasn't suited for the job. And probably, he isn't either.

Aloha, Mark
I definitely couldn't do it either. Not a bad job but I can't tolerate disrespect when it's face to face.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top