JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow!!! See stupid has no limitations. One of the comments was along the lines of "see libertards, how quickly things can go bad". Officer Adams got to go home to his loved ones and the bad guy got what he appearantly wanted, death by cop...

Our society needs some serious mental health help.

The officer fired 10 rounds, the perp fired 1. Good case for more than a 10 round magazine. I am glad I wasn't the innocent bystander in the car in the background, which you can see rapidly backing away in the line of fire from the dash camera. This type of scenario is a worst nightmare and something that probably goes through a cop's mind at every traffic stop. Fully justified but still a tragedy. Waiting to see @No_Regerts weigh in.

The driver definitely had a death wish, or personal vendetta. Made no sense whatsoever.
Good on the officer being on the ready.
Bad guy down.

On another note, them doors/windows aren't effective.
I'm really surprised the cop cars are that susceptible when the need comes to need a barrier

The only thing I'd consider cover on a vehicle is the engine block, which is why most dept's train to that standard.

The only thing I'd consider cover on a vehicle is the engine block, which is why most dept's train to that standard.

Agree. But the block would have been out of position in this incident? Point is that the car door is not really cover.. at least putting the rest of the car body in between offers a better chance.

Lesson for self defenders is to move!!! Don't just stand in one place while taking fire. Learn to shoot on the move! How many practice that???

For pistol rounds a whole car would be decent cover. As long as you are not behind glass only. For rifle rounds like 308/7.62x 51 You better not count on it for cover. Of course as cheap and thin of steel modern cars are made of these days I may be wrong. :cool:

Pretty sure its a standard "option" on modern cruisers

Might be. AFAIK LGPD and the various County Sheriffs never ordered "cruisers". They haven't since they were using Crown Vics with the Interceptor engines. They get these compact cars from the local dealer and my shop (radio shop) would install ALL the equip. This included the light bar, siren, spotlight, cam system, gun rack, radio console with computer tray, tailight disconnect, wigwags, etc.

Back in they day I experimented with some older junk cars and you would have been safe behind 2 doors with pistol fire unless dirty Harry was shooting at you, but all bets are off with todays cheap azz cars.:D

Back in they day I experimented with some older junk cars and you would have been safe behind 2 doors with pistol fire unless dirty Harry was shooting at you, but all bets are off with todays cheap azz cars.:D

Then, moving to the right rear corner when the shooter was out in the front left would have put a fender, two doors, maybe some body panels, a seat or two, and a plexiglass divider (maybe), gear in the rear area, between the two... sounds better than not.... unless one has an armored door. :D

Last Edited:
The officer fired 10 rounds, the perp fired 1. Good case for more than a 10 round magazine. I am glad I wasn't the innocent bystander in the car in the background, which you can see rapidly backing away in the line of fire from the dash camera. This type of scenario is a worst nightmare and something that probably goes through a cop's mind at every traffic stop. Fully justified but still a tragedy. Waiting to see @No_Regerts weigh in.

He does a great job of getting out of the vehicle and getting behind it. My only critique is that its really easy to want to hold tight to concealment/cover. However, if you ever pie around a vehicle or even something like a concrete pillar, you'll find that backing off of it will allow you to keep concealed, while giving yourself a better view of the bad guy. This works great in a case of tactical peekaboo. The officer eventually is able to move off the car and deliver the last couple shots. Good for him.

Also, it appeared to me that the shooter was hit immediately since he hunched down while still in the doorway. Then he was able to move around before eventually collapsing. Proves again that hits are not death rays and we shouldn't expect them to be.

Good lessons for those who carry everyday to practice... Pick your weapon of choice, practice often, moving, firing from cover, even from the ground. One never knows where they'll be or the position they'll be in when the need to defend arises...

The engine block area is over rated, as it puts the shooter in a low crouch position...as that's the low area of the vehicle for cover.

Over 80% of gunfights are won at the back of the vehicle, where you have multiple layers of sheet metal and pillars...plus you're upright.. better mobility and field of view.

Good for the Officer to back up to the rear of the vehicle, facing the threat vs some of the instruction now days where they have the driver exit the vehicle putting your back to the threat as you move to the rear.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top