JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

I know medical equipment isn't "sexy" or the instagram fad but it's important. Not only to carry but to train with and know how to use. IMO if you carry a gun you should be carrying at minimum a TQ on your person as well. The likelihood of using a TQ is much higher than your firearm. Whether it be for yourself or another. You may save a life. Plus a TQ is allowed everywhere that a firearm isn't.

My vehicle FAK has three TQ's, half a dozen chest seals, plenty of bandage, splints and other various resources. You never know what type of a scene you may come across.

This kit is designed only to be used in a life threatening emergency like shown in the video. No SpongeBob bandaids here.

A lot of members here don't think that's necessary.
Guess I should have clarified: On your person at all times may be rather extreme, but my meaning was "have one in your vehicle in case you need it."

Edit: Additionally, in the context of "people who carry," it seems pretty prudent to simply have one on or around you at all times, especially when you're out and about or on the range. You seem to agree with this in your OP.

Guess I should have clarified: On your person at all times may be rather extreme, but my meaning was "have one in your vehicle in case you need it."

Edit: Additionally, in the context of "people who carry," it seems pretty prudent to simply have one on or around you at all times, especially when you're out and about or on the range. You seem to agree with this in your OP.
I'd actually argue that one should be carried on your person just as frequently as you carry a gun. But that's just my opinion and I'm not here to change peoples minds.

SOF-T and CAT are a bit bulky, so I can see why people have a hangup about them. A RATS or SWAT-T on the other hand take up very little room. You can get a RATS with a handy little elastic sleeve to keep it compact, and a SWAT-T is about the size of a wallet. Toss one of them in your back pocket - wallet on one side, TQ on the other. I mean, what else are you using that extra back pocket for?

Sure they aren't the best TQ out there, but I think of them like pocket pistols - if it's a choice of carrying something less than ideal to fit your wardrobe or not carrying anything, I'll take the less than ideal option any day. I can always double up and keep the CATs and SOF-Ts in my vehicle or main trauma bag.

Obviously everyone has their own preferences and needs, and they gotta do what's best for them. But if someone is packing heat and not packing medical in some way, I think they're taking a risk that could come back to bite them.

SOF-T and CAT are a bit bulky, so I can see why people have a hangup about them. A RATS or SWAT-T on the other hand take up very little room. You can get a RATS with a handy little elastic sleeve to keep it compact, and a SWAT-T is about the size of a wallet. Toss one of them in your back pocket - wallet on one side, TQ on the other. I mean, what else are you using that extra back pocket for?

Sure they aren't the best TQ out there, but I think of them like pocket pistols - if it's a choice of carrying something less than ideal to fit your wardrobe or not carrying anything, I'll take the less than ideal option any day. I can always double up and keep the CATs and SOF-Ts in my vehicle or main trauma bag.

Obviously everyone has their own preferences and needs, and they gotta do what's best for them. But if someone is packing heat and not packing medical in some way, I think they're taking a risk that could come back to bite them.
Left back pocket for me. You make good points. I also have 2 RATS TQ laying around. I just don't know if I'm sold on them yet. You can run the RATS TQ through your belt loops and will not even notice that it's there. They are convenient that's for sure.

76E553B7-7200-4B59-BE26-A54971BD06B6.jpeg

If not, then what is the purpose in posting mulitple threads with the exact same topic and advice? 🤣
I'm glad your back. Look at the time and date on this post compared to the last. I posted this way before…. And the other wasn't my post.

Why are there multiple posts about the same case law, same guns, same police shootings, etc…..

As much as taking it as gospel from sources producing stats and studies on why you should buy their TQ products... it's also good to do due diligence on the dangers and misapplications of TQ by those without proper training.

Any critical care level product requires trained assessment and application. You may unwittingly do more harm than good.

Interesting read

I'm not saying don't carry one or have one handy, but of the limited EDC gear a typical person would carry, that would have a high likelihood of being useful on a reoccuring basis, it a TQ kit really that high on the list?

For each to decide.

As much as taking it as gospel from sources producing stats and studies on why you should buy their TQ products... it's also good to do due diligence on the dangers and misapplications of TQ by those without proper training.

Any critical care level product requires trained assessment and application. You may unwittingly do more harm than good.

Interesting read

I'm not saying don't carry one or have one handy, but of the limited EDC gear a typical person would carry, that would have a high likelihood of being useful on a reoccuring basis, it a TQ kit really that high on the list?

For each to decide.
How about you carry your belt, ripped shirt sleeve and twigs and I'll continue to carry my TQ. No harm. No foul. To each their own.

You're correct though in the fact that training is essential whether it comes to applying a TQ or carrying a gun. I agree 100% with you on that. In no way do I think just having a TQ is enough. You also have to train with it. Just like IMO just buying a gun and a holster isn't enough. You also have to train with it. Be an asset not a liability. Whether it's medical aid or self defense.

Look at the time and date on this post compared to the last. I posted this way before…. And the other wasn't my post.
You're right. I didn't get too clinical examining them before posting that. This subject was going on strong and then BOOM.. there's another one covering the same thing as the previous with the same push to carry by the same person.

My bad. ;)

I did take it to heart to try and find out more. My cousin just retired last year from a career as a paramedic (vs. an EMT). It was interesting to talk to him about his feelings and experience on the TQ subject. Some great info, but specifically on EDC, his first question was, "why?".

Again, to each their own, but please do your due diligence and receive proper training not only on how to use your preferred TQ product, but in proper medical assessment before choosing to apply one. I, myself, was unaware of the extent of subsequent damage and complication they can cause if applied when not medically necessary.

You're right. I didn't get too clinical examining them before posting that. This subject was going on strong and then BOOM.. there's another one covering the same thing as the previous with the same push to carry by the same person.

My bad. ;)

I did take it to heart to try and find out more. My cousin just retired last year from a career as a paramedic (vs. an EMT). It was interesting to talk to him about his feelings and experience on the TQ subject. Some great info, but specifically on EDC, his first question was, "why?".

Again, to each their own, but please do your due diligence and receive proper training not only on how to use your preferred TQ product, but in proper medical assessment before choosing to apply one. I, myself, was unaware of the extent of subsequent damage and complication they can cause if applied when not medically necessary.
I'm plenty confident in the training and courses I have gone through. I agree though.

I know a fellow who is alive today because his hunting partner improvised a TQ. The victim was stabbed in the thigh by an elk antler 30 miles back in the hills, and would have bled out from the damaged artery. They tried compression with clothing for bandages/pads and it wasn't doing the job. The buddy used his belt and got the victim to the truck.

They went to the closest hospital ER, where they got a ration of bubblegum for using the TQ, and were told that the ER was not equipped to stop the bleeding, so they drove another 20 minutes to a bigger hospital that took care of the wound. That ER staff told them that the TQ saved his life!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top