JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My Girlfriend Sandy is 45 ( I like younger women) and never fired a gun, shes always been afraid of them, I went plinking a few days ago with my .22 single action revolver and talked her into trying it, I gave her the quick safety spill,she pulled the hammer back and squeezed it off, to make this short she stole my shooting session and was grinning ear to ear.

Excellent! I took my wife out for for her first real sesseion this week. Good natural skills. She was puttung them all on paper at fifty with my little Marlin and iron sights. We had to go back the next day. Now she wants to join a club and try hunting.

Both my wife and I grew up in Alaska and we both have been shooting since we where in our early teens. I may be a better shot with a pistol but I have to step aside and put my ego to bed because she can out shoot me with a rifle and iron sights every time! I guess I'm one of the lucky ones! :) She can't stand the smell of hoppe's 9 though... We can all guess what job I get... Congrats on converting your GF to the Gun side!!!

Last month was my wife's first time... she didn't like the G23 that much.
IMG_0177.jpg

Last month was my wife's first time... she didn't like the G23 that much.
IMG_0177.jpg

If that's the waly she held the pistol (revolver grip), when shooting, it's not very controllable. She might enjoy shooting it with a different grip. If she likes that size of pistol, she might enjoy the Glock 19 better, for reduced recoil. For alot of small-statured people, the Glcock 23 is more difficult to shoot than the Glock 22 (because of the shorter slide, it has more felt recoil). Just food for thought - in case you weren't aware. It also gives you better arguement for buying a Glock 19, or Glock 22 (or both), in case you don't have one! Kudos to your wife for shooting with you :)

My girlfriend liked to go but hated my 23 for the reasons stated above. I took her to the range in Clackamas and we rented the 19 and she just loved it. One of the female range officers also helped her with her grip which did make a world of difference from there. I think I now have the ok to buy a 19 :s0155:

You're spot on concerning the grip, I was so excited she actually agreed to go shooting I didn't even pay attention to anything besides going over the safety aspects. I brought other pistols, but she was only interested in the one I keep in the bedroom for the home defense. She said as long as its their she better figure out how to use it properly.

You're spot on concerning the grip, I was so excited she actually agreed to go shooting I didn't even pay attention to anything besides going over the safety aspects. I brought other pistols, but she was only interested in the one I keep in the bedroom for the home defense. She said as long as its their she better figure out how to use it properly.

Smart woman!

I have seen more women ( girl frinds I am guessing ) at the range the last year. Usually taking lesson from significant others.
Great getting them invloved.,
Not sure I could think of a worse situation than a pissed off woman that knows how to handle a gun and owns one.

My Girlfriend Sandy is 45 ( I like younger women) and never fired a gun, shes always been afraid of them, the quick safety spill,she pulled the hammer back and squeezed it off, to make this short she stole my shooting session and was grinning ear to ear.
Oldbrass, it seems more and more, people are scared of guns becuase they dont know them. Its like being scared of a snake, you hear all about them, they bit people and such. those same people never seen or held one. Now im not a fan of snakes, but with guns, once most people I have taken get a chance, they like it. Either that or there no scared of them anymore. Good job

My Wife Sandy (who is 45 also), likes to shoot my Ruger 22/45s, and oddly enough really likes the Taurus PT1911ALR, which happens to be our home defender. I don't own a revolver, so not sure what she would think of them.

She is now talking about getting her CHL-Woot!!!!!:s0155::yes:

She is also a great shot with the Walther G22 bullpup .22lr rifle I own. It has a Walther brand red dot scope on it, and is absolutely a blast to shoot.

Maybe next trip to the range I can get her to try the ol' AR................

Congrats on getting the GF out to shoot, and her finding out she likes it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Capitalism is BO$$!!!

Go visit corneredcat.com and browse around until you get to the part where she covers teaching your wife to hate guns. Read and learn from a woman, and go from there.

And since we don't ask many questions, being the men we are, we don't know what we don't know. The entire web site if full of great stuff even a man could learn from, but it was written for and by a woman.

My spouse was the one who thought we should be armed...hadn't owned a firearm prior to four years ago. But, I couldn't get her interested in shooting any of them. One day she decided it was time so we hit Philomath Guns to look at what was available, beyond what I already had (all semi-autos). She got a Taurus .38 special, Ti frame and took a women's beginner class at ARPC. She recently got her CHL!

Tom Gresham on his 'Gun Talk' show quoted an NRA study a few months ago that '80% of women would love to go shooting if only they were asked!. After hearing that, I casually asked a female friend and she jumped at the chance. Great date idea and she hasn't stopped talking about it since..... (leading to another problem but I digress). Anyhow, it's a great idea. Chicks love it, plus for you married guys, it gets a little more money allocated to the gun budget by your Director of Finance.

My girl goes with me shooting when she can, she's got a .25 she uses (which she wants a CCW for as a purse-gun) and uses my 1925 M91 Ex-D as her rifle. isn't fond of the sore shoulder the next day, but is pretty accurate with each. She knows it's a good skill to have. Next she wants to practice shooting from the hip with my HD 12 gauge and get used to my 9mm. Plus, she already agreed to teach our future child, girl or boy, as soon as it's safely practical. (..a friend of mine learned at 3.)

sadiesassy also reminded me of a story a comedian i like tells, of his mother getting her jaw broke by an abusive husband, and her shooting him 3 times, "'cause she didn't want him to do that again." :s0131: The irony I guess, is a couple months prior, the specimen of human intelligence had taken her and taught her how to shoot. :s0131: Yeah... kinda hope more women learn how to shoot in the future, might thin the herd of genetic dropouts pretty quick. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top