JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I do not think it is a hate crime. I think it is a simple case of a big spoiled baby that was mad about being teased a bit about being of muslim heritage who was too big a coward to do his duty and go to Iraq.

I thought the same at first but as more info has come to light I have to say that it was at the very least a hate crime and could be defined as terrorism. If they can call McVeigh a terrorist than thos guy is one as well. Both killed American govt representatives in opposition to govt policy. Also, if someone goes to a mosque or temple and shoots people and had made prior statements about jews or arabs wanting to enslave his people, woudnt that be a hate crime. Let alone yelling Jesus is Lord while shooting...

Found lots of them, even found this video of an eyewitness saying so: http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/09/fort.hood.foster/
Can you read? The guy clearly says he does not actually remember the guy saying that.
Foster, 21, said he wasn't clear about whether the gunman said those exact words, noting that "with that much adrenaline, you tend to forget things."
Just another case of the media creating details and then people recreating the story in their heads to fit the creative writing. Not one person that gave an initial statement is accredited with what he said. This guy was a stand up enough guy to not be too led by the media and admit he did not actually hear him say that.

This just in!

Officials: U.S. Aware of Hasan Efforts to Contact al Qaeda

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/fort-...l-qaeda-terrorists-officials/story?id=9030873

U.S. intelligence agencies were aware months ago that Army Major Nidal Malik Hasan was attempting to make contact with people associated with al Qaeda, two American officials briefed on classified material in the case told ABC News.
Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan tried to make contact with people linked to al Qaeda.

It is not known whether the intelligence agencies informed the Army that one of its officers was seeking to connect with suspected al Qaeda figures, the officials said.

Rep. Peter Hoekstra (R-MI), the ranking Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, said that he requested the CIA and other intelligence agencies brief the committee on what was known, if anything, about Hasan by the U.S. intelligence community, only to be refused.

In response, Hoekstra issued a document preservation request to four intelligence agencies. The letter, dated November 7th, was sent to directors Dennis Blair (DNI), Robert Mueller (FBI), Lt. Gen Keith Alexander (NSA) and Leon Panetta (CIA).

Hoekstra said he is "absolutely furious" that the house intel committee has been refused an intelligence briefing by the DNI or CIA on Hasan's attempt to reach out to al Qaeda, as first reported by ABC News.

"This is a law enforcement investigation, in which other agencies—not the CIA—have the lead," CIA spokesman Paul Gimigliano said in a response to ABC News. " Any suggestion that the CIA refused to brief Congress is incorrect."

Just in also... Portland Examiner

<broken link removed>

Fort Hood killer escaped action, despite open extremism, because of fear of discrimination charges

"The Muslim soldier, Nidal Hasan, who killed 13 people at Fort Hood, attended the same mosque as 9/11 terrorists, reports the London Telegraph. Although his anti-American, pro-terrorist views were common knowledge, "a fear of appearing discriminatory . . . kept officers from filing a formal written complaint," reports the Associated Press. As a result, he escaped any disciplinary action or review of his fitness.

Intelligence officials knew he was trying to contact Al Qaeda, reports ABC News today.

The Fort Hood shooter had previously said that Muslims should rise up against the military, "repeatedly expressed sympathy for suicide bombers," was pleased by the terrorist murder of an army recruiter, and publicly called for the beheading or burning of non-Muslims, talking "about how if you're a nonbeliever the Koran says you should have your head cut off, you should have oil poured down your throat, you should be set on fire." But thanks to a politically-correct double standard, nothing was done to remove him from a position where he could harm others.

In an absurd display of political correctness, early media reports chose to harp on the false claim that the killer had PTSD (which he didn't: he never even served overseas) or the unsupported claim that he had been subjected to harassment (support groups for Muslim soldiers say they have received no reports of Muslim soldiers being harassed). They also jumped to conclusions in denying (as Atlantic Magazine's Max Fisher did) that the shooter's motives had anything to do with his extreme religious beliefs or "any related political causes."

Commentators also point to a gun-control policy that disarms soldiers while on military bases to create "gun-free zones," leaving them defenseless in the face of an attack.
The policy succeeded in disarming the killer's victims, but not the killer himself."

The new info does not look promising, but as a trained investigator you have to look at the little pieces because the whole can be misleading. The key phrase I took from that story was...
People who knew or worked with Hasan say he seemed to have gradually become more radical in his disapproval of the war in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Notice they did not say "radical in his religious beliefs" but instead said in his disapproval of the war.

All the other stuff like trying to contact an ex-leader of his church or where he attended church are just circumstance. I personally would still give more weight the the fact that this was a man who did not want to go to war because he was dealing every day with the stories from wounded vets because of his position as a psychologist. Because of his own personal cowardice and fear he searched for a scape goat for his own failings. That scapegoat was the muslim religion. I have seen the same thing happen with white soldiers.

I think it sucks that this had to happen. I wish Hassan (the shooter) was intercepted. There were signs that the guy was koo koo for coco puffs. I mean come on, have we not learned to report or investigate weird S**T? As soon as some shooting takes place you have someone say OH WE ARE GONNA DO THIS AND THAT AND PREVENT THIS FROM HAPPENING AGAIN. On the news they said that Hassan was a terrorist sympathizer. There were red flag and no one did diddily about it. Now we have 13 solders dead, and 33 people hurt. Why isn't anyone pointing fingers at the idiots that let things slide also? you mean to tell me it is not concerning for a middle eastern major in the united states army to be like OH I ACCEPT AND AGREE WITH THE TERRORISTS. Hassan should be put in a 6X6 cell.... 23 hours a day for the rest of his life. Killing him would be too easy...... also he should be reminded that a woman took him down hahahahahahahahahahaha
Sep. 11 people...... the govt. knew S**T was gonna hit the fan. They knew something was gonna happen with planes.......... what did they do? NOTHING..... population control and a cause to start a war. HOW ARE YOU GONNA SCARE PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT SCARED OF DIEING? Hey terrirists........ we are gonna kill you............ and the terrorist say NO, I AM GONNA KILL MYSELF AND I'M TAKING YOU WITH ME.

Gunner3456,

Do you notice anything funny about all those "quotes" in the story you linked? To who are they accredited?

C'mon people, you guys are the first ones to point out how the media lies and creates news but as soon as they make grandiose statements in a misleading manner regarding a story like this you jump all over it simply because it is what you want to hear? Where is your higher level of scrutiny now?

Gunner3456,

Do you notice anything funny about all those "quotes" in the story you linked? To who are they accredited?

C'mon people, you guys are the first ones to point out how the media lies and creates news but as soon as they make grandiose statements in a misleading manner regarding a story like this you jump all over it simply because it is what you want to hear? Where is your higher level of scrutiny now?

"There is no one so blind as he who will not see."

I don't think it would matter what we showed you.

"There is no one so blind as he who will not see."

I don't think it would matter what we showed you.
So you do not mind that this story is throwing out "quotes" without saying who actually said them? That does not bother you at all? You have no problem accepting it as truth?

I try to look at stories like this as I was trained to do...with an open and unbiased mind. If you go into a story like this with a bias (as the media has and some people have) you start to create your own facts. When you hear someone say something second hand without a source you have to understand how likely it is to be either incorrect or intentionally misleading.

I will also admit that I might try too hard to be unbiased in a case like this because of my own personal prejudices against the muslim religion and many of it's followers.

So you do not mind that this story is throwing out "quotes" without saying who actually said them? That does not bother you at all? You have no problem accepting it as truth?

I try to look at stories like this as I was trained to do...with an open and unbiased mind. If you go into a story like this with a bias (as the media has and some people have) you start to create your own facts. When you hear someone say something second hand without a source you have to understand how likely it is to be either incorrect or intentionally misleading.

I will also admit that I might try too hard to be unbiased in a case like this because of my own personal prejudices against the muslim religion and many of it's followers.

There is a difference between the press writing a story with "spin" to fit an agenda as they did when they started out with the "PTSD" crap. Pure wishful thinking and speculation, that was.

But when they start quoting, even anonymous sources who won't go on the record, and when there are so many of them doing it, and when the stories they are writing don't fit their normal agenda, then I begin to pay attention.

The truth is coming out.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top