JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And what evidence do you have that this man killed people because they were not Muslims? I do not see any accounts of him asking anyone their religion before indiscriminately shooting. Is it because his middle eastern heritage that you jump to this conclusion about an American born and educated soldier?

Let speculate for arguments sake. Here is the question and example. If this guy was Muslim and did do this purposely against the "Infidels" would you then consider this a hate crime?

By "Let speculate for arguments sake" I mean take this as a hypothetically true situation for purely arguments sake, and then reconsider the question

--------Intermission----------

Ah.. Another late night debate with PP and Trismn. It's been too long, gentleman. Could I interest either of you in a cup of tea and perhaps a biscuit?

---------------------------------

By "Let speculate for arguments sake" I mean take this as a hypothetically true situation for purely arguments sake, and then reconsider the question
But why would you speculate that. If a guy ran into a mall tomorrow wear a big gold cross and shot the place up would you "speculate' that this was a religious based killing?

If he was a religious wackjob it sucks even worse because then the Army will have to engage in a which hunt against any muslim soldiers. If he is, as I speculate, just a coward with selfish motives then it is a much easier thing to deal with. So far I have seen nothing of merit to point to the former but tons of evidence pointing to the later. I saw it first hand many times while in the military.

Ah.. Another late night debate with PP and Trismn. It's been too long, gentleman. Could I interest either of you in a cup of tea and perhaps a biscuit?

No thanks, I just ate a big plate of pancakes while waiting for the employees to finish cleaning. :)

I don't pick on him too much anymore out of courtesy because I know he has his hands full at work :p

Any now that my title has changed I have to think of more than my own selfish views!

I know a place that has an inexpensive Basic Breakfast.

But why would you speculate that. If a guy ran into a mall tomorrow wear a big gold cross and shot the place up would you "speculate' that this was a religious based killing?

If he was a religious wackjob it sucks even worse because then the Army will have to engage in a which hunt against any muslim soldiers. If he is, as I speculate, just a coward with selfish motives then it is a much easier thing to deal with. So far I have seen nothing of merit to point to the former but tons of evidence pointing to the later. I saw it first hand many times while in the military.

Think of it as an intellectual argument more to do with the threshold for what is a hate crime and less about this particular guys real motives then try it again.

Let speculate for arguments sake. Here is the question and example. If this guy was Muslim and did do this purposely against the "Infidels" would you then consider this a hate crime?

I don't know about that- It depends a lot on his motivation, past history, contact with third-parties - specifically organizations that have been designated as terrorists or other countries.

I wouldn't think it would be considered a hate crime- But you know, this is one of those legal terms, like insanity...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top