JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sounds like he should have gotten at least ten years for negligent homicide...
Yea - how does this differ from the LEO 'mistakenly' entering the wrong apartment and killing an unarmed person?
The problem is the city of SF is so enamored with illegal aliens they have risen to the level of having some kind of weird idolotry for them - like they are above everybody else, like a protected class of people. Almost like royalty in their eyes.

Last Edited:
Well, look at the bright side. If you are on the range in CA and as expected, violate one their byzantine firearm regulations, you can argue that you didn't have possession long enough for it to count.

(/sarc -- like they would apply that law to us)

He should have gone down for Manslaughter or wrongful death. Either way he caused a death that did not have to happen. How he got off on EVERY count is a travesty. Yet it really is a sign of the time's that the statement about how the US is really similar to ancient Israel where there is no justice and these judges call evil good and good evil.
You are evil for not arranging flowers for a gay wedding in violation of your beliefs but not evil for picking up a gun, being here illegally, and then killing someone with that gun. How is that again....

"A jury acquitted Jose Ines Garcia-Zarate, 46, in 2017 of first degree murder, second degree murder, involuntary manslaughter, and assault with a semiautomatic firearm for his role in the death of Kate Steinle.

Garcia-Zarate was convicted, however, on the charge of felon in possession of a firearm.

During jury deliberations, jury members asked the court for the definition of possession and if there was a time requirement for possession. The defense argued during the appeal that the trial court failed to instruct the jury that it could acquit Garcia-Zarate because he only possessed the gun for a moment.

On Friday, the First Appellate Court of Appeals in California, in a 3-0 decision, agreed with that defense."

He's already been acquitted of the killing - but now, he's acquitted of the "felon in possession" charge.

Unbelievable.
Welcome to the lefts (anti-gunners) demoncrats amerika... :s0054:

He found the drugs he was on in a trash can and found the gun used in the shooting under the bench he was sitting on. One lucky guy.

The gun had been stolen 4 days prior from the private vehicle of a BLM agent in a smash and grab. So they just took his word that he only had the gun momentarily and didn't steal it 4 days earlier?

Don't know if he's still at Santa Rita in Dublin or they moved him but I believe he's still in custody
Indictment:
Justice Dept. press release 9/3/19:

Maybe the Feds will nail him. Too late for Kate, though.

From the article you linked:

"The state-court ruling has no legal effect on the federal prosecution, which will continue," stated United States Attorney David Anderson. "A repeatedly deported, previously convicted felon has no right to possess a firearm under federal law, even if California extends him sanctuary."

It's racism to treat these people like San Francisco does, as tho you're a helpless victim for crossing a border illegally.
It's time they treat these folks with the respect and dignity they deserve and throw the book at them.
You know that honest citizens like you or I would not get off so easily.

Seriously, if there is any charge to drop it's illegal possession and not manslaughter. Say he is telling the truth, he still shot and killed somebody without a doubt.
I guess next time I drink all the beer I'll tell my GF it poured itself into mouth...

A Guy some call Orange man mentioned this murderer in his campaign in 16 .The hate and revenge towards Orange man is so volatile that they can't see clearly and are willing to sacrifice everyone's safety and clearly disregard all laws to display their distain for Orange man.
I was talking with a guy I've known for many years yesterday he can see what is happening but has misdirected blame directed at the party of orange man . The rabid hate is blinding some folks of all reality.
God Help Us

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews