JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He got juiced up to go out on the road. No surprise. FWIW the report I heard had him on Xanax , a benzodiazapine , not SSRI's and that may have been a recreational thing. SSRI's are not typically recreational. Alcohol , cocaine and xanax are what you want to take on when you really,really,really dont want to care about what your'e doing.

Last Edited:
Geee, lets see....."big pharma" VS the "gun lobby". I wonder which one buys off the politicians to a larger degree? Oh never mind its pretty easy to see based on all the corrupt politicians focus at the current moment and after every mass shooting committed previously. Interestingly enough if you follow the money its easy to see why they ignore a lot of things in our society. I don't care what people do to their own bodies but cigarettes kill 400,000 annually. I don't hear anyone demanding we end that carnage. 1100 people a day. #NoBigDeal. I mean come on....Alcohol, Fast cars, Etc. The same arguments made against guns could be used against it all.

"you don't need anti depressants..... you need to suck it up buttercup"
"you don't need cigarettes"
"there's no reason you should be able to walk in and buy a 1.75 liter jug of whiskey"
"no normal drivers need a car/motorcycle that can go 150 MPH when the speed limit is 65"

I find it interesting the lame brain antigun groups don't or can't apply the same logic to other things in our society. Thankfully....Otherwise I couldn't enjoy a smoke while driving 125mph down to the local bar with my assault rifle in the trunk. Just saying;)

ETA: Sorry if I offended anyone here with my colorful language. Now I remember why I usually just read around here and try to keep my mouth shut. "A wise man opens his ears and shuts his mouth" I'll try and keep it a little more neutral ;)

Last Edited:
From the article.....

The use of SSRI antidepressant drugs by many mass shooters over the past decade is seen by some as a potential indicator for violence. But thus far, lawmakers have yet to focus in on this potential key aspect, choosing instead to opt for more gun control.

Aloha, Mark

Maybe he should have been given a joint instead pf those pills...
"I was going to commit mass murder... but then I got high."

How should we handle veterans on meds?
How should we handle any person on meds, Veteran's certainly haven't been immune to committing mass or attempted mass murders. There are certainly millions of citizens on mood meds that own firearms but haven't gone out and participated in mass shootings.

I suspect a lot of the murderers in recent decades have been on mood meds.
And you would be correct-----

How should we handle veterans on meds?

This is a good question...
If asked honestly and out of concern for all who take mood meds along with the potential side effects of said mood meds.

But...

When taken out of context...
Used to further an agenda...
Words twisted or spun to read a certain way...

Does the folks who need help a disservice at best....and keeps the real underling issues of :
Abuse , either by the person taking the medication or over prescription by some doctors...
And the stigma of seeking help in first place , which may prevent folks from getting help ....at worst.

Please note that I am not accusing anyone here of trolling or using the question , I quoted to start a problem...
I am just posting my concerns over how , some folks ask or would use that question.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads