JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A hoarder is somebody whose house is so full of trash, old newspapers, and rotting food the there are aisleways thru the accumulated debris. Just like on reality TV. This calls for camera crews to record the intervention and the hoarders' anguish when the D8 pushes a mound of fetid garbage out of the door.
A Prepper is somebody who compulsively accumulates the necessities of life because xe realizes that the time is coming when they will not be taken for granted.

Hoarders are oblivious to the necessity to prepare. Preppers, by definition, are not.
Preppers are usually well armed because they realize that you don't own what you can't protect.
Hoarders, not so much. Nobody wants to steal what they have.

So here is something I don't quite understand:

I get that people are not eating at restaurants/etc.

But they are still eating at home. If anything, I eat more at home than I did at work (when I still had a job).

So the demand has to be there for food stuffs. Is it that people eat more at restaurants (including take out food) because they don't want to waste the food they paid to have prepared for them? Or do they eat less at home? Or is it that they eat different food at home? :s0153::s0092:

So here is something I don't quite understand: I get that people are not eating at restaurants/etc. But they are still eating at home. If anything, I eat more at home than I did at work (when I still had a job).

So the demand has to be there for food stuffs. Is it that people eat more at restaurants (including take out food) because they don't want to waste the food they paid to have prepared for them? Or do they eat less at home? Or is it that they eat different food at home? :s0153::s0092:

The packaging is different. Some of it they will be able to sell in grocery stores if they can make the sales connection.

:confused: They are culling millions of animals, yet we are being warned of a shortage of meat.

In our system, food gets "processed" in large plants. When the plants get closed down the system gets broken. In fact, early in the year they had record amounts of some product. Getting it to consumers is the issue. In the great depression, 95% of people lived on farms and 5% in cities. That's reversed now and it's creating problems.

So here is something I don't quite understand:

I get that people are not eating at restaurants/etc.

But they are still eating at home. If anything, I eat more at home than I did at work (when I still had a job).

I think people eat a bit different when they go out to eat.Resteraunts also have alot of waste, at home not so much You eat what was cooked today or you eat it the next day as something else..

Resteraunts also buy a ton of product at a time.

The other thing is we have two separate food supplies that don't really cross-connect, one for consumer grocery and the other restaurant/institutional. Institutional packaging makes Costco Econo-Pack look like grocery-store singles by comparison... and the packers are heavily mechanized, so once set up for one size package it takes some doing to reset for the other.

This sounds kind of like the TP shortage where they use large rolls for commercial use and smaller rolls for residential. I heard that the supply chain had a little to do with TP shortages. People used more at home, instead of at work.

This sounds kind of like the TP shortage where they use large rolls for commercial use and smaller rolls for residential. I heard that the supply chain had a little to do with TP shortages. People used more at home, instead of at work.
That's not just the roll size, institutional TP is made with recycled fibers and more concerned about "cheap" than "comfort".

That's not just the roll size, institutional TP is made with recycled fibers and more concerned about "cheap" than "comfort".

Yep, I was mostly thinking about the two separate supply chains for the TP. The commercial stuff from manufacture to delivery to business, and the residential stuff from manufacture to grocery stores. Probably a similar story with the meats that are packaged for business and residential, two completely separate supply chains.

Yep, I was mostly thinking about the two separate supply chains for the TP. The commercial stuff from manufacture to delivery to business, and the residential stuff from manufacture to grocery stores. Probably a similar story with the meats that are packaged for business and residential, two completely separate supply chains.
Meat, potatoes, you name it. Frankly, I'm alarmed that they didn't have a disaster plan to switch channels...

I agree, I am surprised that the commercial stuff hasn't just been rerouted to the grocery stores. I mean I know I could figure out how to use a TP roll that wasn't hanging on a TP dispenser, lol. Same for the Meat, potatoes, and all of the other "Business" products. Even if the package size was larger, I bet it would still sell in our grocery stores.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top