JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Larger like "Absurdly Huge"--one restaurant-pack flat of eggs is 144, and they come several flats stacked and wrapped together. You'd need a new facility with a lot of hand labor to break down the big packs and reload into small ones...

Holodomor (terror famine, man made) part deuce.

The time to prepare was a year ago. Now with all the freeze dried food gone, going to be hard to find stuff that will last, not rotting and wasting money.

Maybe buy some bags of rice at the next grocery store trip, so its not a lot of $ wasted when you throw it out.

Time to dig in a big garden. Potatoes seem easy to grow here.
Freeze dried foods I see are pretty expensive. I guess if you are starving to death it is pretty nice to have, but if America goes hungry for this long of a period , I would think civil conflict and anarchy may ensue and you may be getting your food from a gun , anyway. We are not the agrarian , more unified society we were back in the 1930s. People don't politely say , "Hey brother you got a dime"? We have a much different demographic, heavily armed gangs, looters, rioters, illegal immigrants/drug cartels (who will also be out of work) who may resort to banditry. This was pretty common in Africa and other impoverished countries with large number of armed gangs. Will we have enough "well-fed" law enforcement around to help keep such banditry and lawlessness in check?

I do think if we start experiencing hunger living in cities will be scary. Look what happened in India.. Many people fled the cities and returned to their villages for the first time in decades. The cities in India have lost significant population and this is because people knew they could starve to death there. In their villages they farm , raise animals and have some local food supply. In India right now, in the cities people are fighting each other over food and their have been some food riots. Look whats happening in Nairobi, Kenya (one of Africa's more well-to-do cities) right now..

On the prepping notes.. I definitely don't have a 10 year supply of freeze dried food
Supposedly I am reading pasta can last about 4 years and retain nutrients.. I actually eat a special kind of wheat ( a couple different heirloom types) that doesn't produce all the gluten intolerance issues of cheaper Durum and has more protein and minerals.

I am also looking at stocking up on Grass fed whey protein concentrates (also freeze dried) , Wheatgrass juice powders (they are freeze dried , last a long time and has more nutrients than most vegetables you eat in store, including Vitamin K2), as well as just beans , canned beans (which supposedly last 4-5 years) and black rice. The antioxidants in black forbidden rice actually preserve it longer than brown rice which goes rancid because of its oils. Problem with Black rice is it is grown in China, I do get organic kind. I am stocking up on lentils and other things as well.. Buying a mix of canned and dried food. I am reading canned food can last quite a long time. Everything I get is organic and BPA free..

I know I was pretty unprepared compaerd to some.. I should have a 1-2 year food supply, although I am probaly going to be homeless and living in my car (looking at getting a truck to live in) since I am losing my job, made some bad financial planning (tiny savings ,but no debt) and may not be able to get a loan I am depending on and find a cheap enough place to live. So, I will have to think of places to store my food and guns while I rough it being homeless for a while too..

Tough times.

I watched the whole vid. Good knowledge. I had a pretty good knowledge of all this.
Kinda answers the question as to why them windmills get planted on farm ground. When they get paid $700.00 per mill per month that adds up.
Onion farmers over here make bank or make nothing. Some years pay so well they can retire. Off 1 year!!!
Total gamble though.
Seed potatoe farmers make bank in eastern Idaho.
If I farmed, I'd have a giant dairy. Yes it pays crap. It's just the life I was raised around and I have a love for the business.

I agree, I am surprised that the commercial stuff hasn't just been rerouted to the grocery stores. I mean I know I could figure out how to use a TP roll that wasn't hanging on a TP dispenser, lol. Same for the Meat, potatoes, and all of the other "Business" products. Even if the package size was larger, I bet it would still sell in our grocery stores.

May not be labeled correctly for consumer use too, although that could "easily" be worked around. I'd think anyhow.

Freeze dried foods I see are pretty expensive. I guess if you are starving to death it is pretty nice to have, but if America goes hungry for this long of a period , I would think civil conflict and anarchy may ensue and you may be getting your food from a gun , anyway. We are not the agrarian , more unified society we were back in the 1930s. People don't politely say , "Hey brother you got a dime"? We have a much different demographic, heavily armed gangs, looters, rioters, illegal immigrants/drug cartels (who will also be out of work) who may resort to banditry. This was pretty common in Africa and other impoverished countries with large number of armed gangs. Will we have enough "well-fed" law enforcement around to help keep such banditry and lawlessness in check?

I do think if we start experiencing hunger living in cities will be scary. Look what happened in India.. Many people fled the cities and returned to their villages for the first time in decades. The cities in India have lost significant population and this is because people knew they could starve to death there. In their villages they farm , raise animals and have some local food supply. In India right now, in the cities people are fighting each other over food and their have been some food riots. Look whats happening in Nairobi, Kenya (one of Africa's more well-to-do cities) right now..

On the prepping notes.. I definitely don't have a 10 year supply of freeze dried food
Supposedly I am reading pasta can last about 4 years and retain nutrients.. I actually eat a special kind of wheat ( a couple different heirloom types) that doesn't produce all the gluten intolerance issues of cheaper Durum and has more protein and minerals.

I am also looking at stocking up on Grass fed whey protein concentrates (also freeze dried) , Wheatgrass juice powders (they are freeze dried , last a long time and has more nutrients than most vegetables you eat in store, including Vitamin K2), as well as just beans , canned beans (which supposedly last 4-5 years) and black rice. The antioxidants in black forbidden rice actually preserve it longer than brown rice which goes rancid because of its oils. Problem with Black rice is it is grown in China, I do get organic kind. I am stocking up on lentils and other things as well.. Buying a mix of canned and dried food. I am reading canned food can last quite a long time. Everything I get is organic and BPA free..

I know I was pretty unprepared compaerd to some.. I should have a 1-2 year food supply, although I am probaly going to be homeless and living in my car (looking at getting a truck to live in) since I am losing my job, made some bad financial planning (tiny savings ,but no debt) and may not be able to get a loan I am depending on and find a cheap enough place to live. So, I will have to think of places to store my food and guns while I rough it being homeless for a while too..

Tough times.

I don't have 10 years either. Maybe 4 months worth. 6 if rationed. Could make a year or so if supplementing with garden, hunting, and store.

Years of food is $$$ and hard to store, and too much to move.

"The other thing is we have two separate food supplies that don't really cross-connect, one for consumer grocery and the other restaurant/institutional. Institutional packaging makes Costco Econo-Pack look like grocery-store singles by comparison... and the packers are heavily mechanized, so once set up for one size package it takes some doing to reset for the other." _Diamondback

Bingo!! There are different supply chains for the restaurant and grocery/consumer markets. Getting stuff from where it is to somewhere else efficiently is called supply chain management, and the supply chain is severely degraded. The fact that there is lots of food @ the farm doesn't get it to We the Peons. A supply chain doesn't appear spontaneously, coalescing from the surrounding ether. It must be constructed and changed as necessary to meet conditions at the time. The JIT philosophy works real well until it doesn't due to some unforeseen disruption.
The supply chain will have to be reconstructed, which won't be an instantaneous process. Food riots? I'm real glad we don't live in Seattle.

That's great news
It shows that people can solve problems better than the government
Whatever happen to We THE People? I know cool slogan, but it actually meant something once..

We are waiting for government to save us by locking down our society from a disease that all the leading disease researchers and health organizations have already said will probably not be able to be stopped, will be circulating in our society possibly for years and will come back even worse. One problem with sheltering in your home with minimal human exposure and exposure to the environment, as well as the stress and depression is that depletes your immune system even worse, which makes sense why a second wave will usually be worse than a first wave with immune compromised people.

Our governments are freaking killing and starving us.. But, as long as they got a nice financial security it doesn't matter to them.

Bad News Today.. Warren Buffet is dumping airline stocks, Trump is going to engage in a trade war while we are at Depression level unemployments and they are going to try to reduce interest rates to negative levels to encourage people in this dreadful economy to borrow and spend. All are markers of a potential of both food crisis and precursors to a Depression economy.

I think we are going to see a massive change in Americans over the next 20 years. This is not going to be fixed even in a decade. We are going to see people having to become more self-sufficient and companies will be forced to start manufacturing domestically again. Some people think we can do this overnight and it is ludicrous!

Yeah Our Lord And Savior Kate Brown extended the lockdown to July 6th. :mad:
OMG are you kidding me stupid women... People will and should violate this crap at all costs...
That's probably why too kill us all... Dems "We care for you!" MEH NOT!:mad:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads