JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why would the lockdowns impact farmers? They'd be essential if other food prep is essential.

Because many farms rely on a lot of manual labor - especially crops like fruit and lettuce and such. Whether Trump likes it or not, much of that labor comes from south of the border, and they are locking the borders down even more than usual because of the lockdown.

I see. Migrant worker availability is your concern. Hope it doesn't impact the supply line. I've been getting canned veggies recently anyways. Don't trust anything other people are handing at this time.

I see. Migrant worker availability is your concern. Hope it doesn't impact the supply line. I've been getting canned veggies recently anyways. Don't trust anything other people are handing at this time.
If your tired of canned buy frozen in sealed plastic bags that you can spray and wipe down at home.

Also you can soak produce in a 200ppm bleach solution (1 Tblsp per gallon if your bleach is 6%) for a couple minutes, then rinse.

Food supplies and suppliers are not only considered Essential, but Strategic, and that means they come first for needs! There is no way social distancing will effect those farms, most field workers work spaced out anyway, and even when in close proximity would be wearing face masks in place of bandannas which they seem to do always to keep the dust and exhaust out! Unless some dumbarse gov'ner has put restrictions on farming and the workers, this will not be an issue! If any one has info to the contrary, post it up!

Potatoes are always going to be plentiful, so maybe brush up on how to store them long term. We have 200 acres of prepped fields going right now. The whole process is mechanical so no need for this ghey orwellian social distancing BS to worry about.

Maybe learn the lost art of growing your own. Prep soil. Sprout your favorite vegies. Insert in ground. Water. Grow. Consume or store.

Potatoes are always going to be plentiful, so maybe brush up on how to store them long term. We have 200 acres of prepped fields going right now. The whole process is mechanical so no need for this ghey orwellian social distancing BS to worry about.

Maybe learn the lost art of growing your own. Prep soil. Sprout your favorite vegies. Insert in ground. Water. Grow. Consume or store.

:s0140: I've been touting this for years. BUT, vegetables don't come from the ground, you silly boy! They come from the STORE!

Back when gas went up to $4.00 + a gallon, as you drove around town there were raised beds popping up in many yards. I'd also see those beds a month/two later filled with weeds, and some poor neglected, scraggly edible greenery struggling to grow in the mass weeds. Getting people to grow their own, in the soil, is going to be akin to getting people off their phones when they drive. Probably harder, there's no hand free gardening!

I've been enjoying the thrill of growing things for over 50 years. There's a lot more to it than burying seeds, watering, going in the house and coming out to your own personal produce department 3 months later. I don't believe people will bother with it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top