JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Once again, thank you for your post Mountainbear.

"I think a lot of people on this site, you included FOF, fall on the exact opposite, always blaming LEO's."

Guilty as charged, in a way. I am not blaming them, I am honestly hoping the good LEOs will stand up for what is right and help put a stop to the wrongs in their ranks. I also hope and think if the DHS, FBI, etc...are watching then they will do the same. I am not perfect but I am also not the bad guy. Yes, I do have a hard time keeping my mouth shut I guess.

My favorite target when I was in the Navy was a Jane Fonda urinal target down at NAS Fallon, Nevada ca. 1988. But seriously these targets are SICK. Because when was the last time you heard of an 8 year old gunning down a LEO. Not a conspiracy theory type but you have to wonder with the mind set of the policy makers at DHS, HP ammo by the billions, and heavily armored vehicles for use against American citizens?? :huh:
Axeman

The guy gets fired for a target in bad taste but around here the police can kill an unarmed person and not loose their job?

Put yourself in their shoes. People are dangerous and I would much rather see a police officer go home then some crack head.
No one has been killed by police that didn't deserve it. They had a choice. To listen and do what their told or face the consequences. They choice wrong.

As for conspiracy theorist. I alway use my dad as an example. He worked for "an Agency" for 30 years and now he's retired and started going down that oath of conspiracy theory. Now he's wasted 10 years of his life thinking that he's some sort of supreme being working with God to help destroy aliens that are trying to control and destroy the world.
He spent like 6 months just driving around popping caffiene pills trying to hide from aliens. He though that if he stayed in one place they would kill him.
He bas bad diabetes he never took care of and now has to get shots in his eyes to keep from going blind and has nerve damage in his legs poor circulation all effect of diabetes, which he says is the aliens attacking him, NOT his diabetes.

Well, we've known for over 230 years there are bad guys in the world. It just takes some getting used to them now running the government. I was in the service during the Reagan years and the general feeling about the government in place was favorable. Now we've got a 3rd army being built and I don't see it being formed to repel and invasion! I was raised to believe the best in people.

Brutus out.

Father,

You need a sense of humor - a twisted since of humor - when you read comments like that. The drone populace have a lot of one-liners to put out there! Let's face it. The vast majority of people are just that dumb. Chuckle over it, vs get upset over it, because that will never change but only get worse.

I don't think any cop should fire at targets "as a joke" or for "realistic training" (pregnant women, kids, etc) ever. The excuse of "it's just a joke" doesn't help, because it shouldn't be funny in the first place.

Looking at the number of police brutality incidents around the nation shows there are too many bullies with badges. While most cops are good people, positions of power attract evil people: teachers, coaches, priests, politicians, etc. all show there is a definite attraction for people seeking to harm others. One who shoots at unethical targets is an obvious warning sign.

I don't think any cop should fire at targets "as a joke" or for "realistic training" (pregnant women, kids, etc) ever. The excuse of "it's just a joke" doesn't help, because it shouldn't be funny in the first place.

Looking at the number of police brutality incidents around the nation shows there are too many bullies with badges. While most cops are good people, positions of power attract evil people: teachers, coaches, priests, politicians, etc. all show there is a definite attraction for people seeking to harm others. One who shoots at unethical targets is an obvious warning sign.

BS all it shows is there are too many bleeding heart morons that refuse to take responsibility for their own actions in a "it's not my fault" society.

Sure I was selling crack, i'm on probation, i ran from the cops and wouldn't show them my hands, but i'm a good person and didn't deserve to get shot/tazed/ pepper sprayed, etc.

Karma, you do something stupid and bad things happen to you.

Does anyone note the fact a young man lost his life? Shot in the chest by a wannabe LEO? I know we all have our opinion, but the fact remains someone died. Sad to me by any account. I see many insensitive racial comments made on these topics and I find it very distasteful. I think we all should value life more.

A P.O.S died. The "kid" was a criminal and was kicking the crap out of mister neighborhood ninja.
Do you live in a crime ridden area? If someone was slamming your head in the ground and you thought you were going to die, you wouldn't shoot him?

I won't shed a tear for him. He would have ended up dead or in jail anyway.

The guy was an idiot, but he was trying to make his neighborhood safer. It's not so easier to just move.

If a pregnant lady or a small child pulled a gun on me I would try to take cover and try to reason with them.
There are cops who have done that and gotten shot for their troubles. Ever heard of action vs. reaction?

I think a lot of people on this site, you included FOF, fall on the exact opposite, always blaming LEO's.
One reason I rarely click on any thread concerning LEO's. Too many want to lump all cops together and blame them for everything.

They are called "no shoot targets" because you are presented with a variety of targets and have to decide if they are a threat or not. The training makes you assess the target BEFORE you shoot so you don't shoot non-threats. There are targets holding guns, cell phones, candy bars, etc. and all the objects can be swapped onto other targets to change things up for each shooter. It is not about shooting 80 year old pregnant women for fun, it is about threat assessment and appropriate responses. As much as some hate to admit it, cops do actually think.

Some of you really need to do some research.

Some cops do shoot and kill innocent people you know. In my house at night, armed and trespassing is indeed a threat. So like the cops, I better not take any chances, right? I mean why not just shoot and find out later.

"There are innocent people (home owners) who have done that and gotten shot for their troubles." I guess those people are not worthy of life as much as the cop.

Some of the LEOs are sooooo untrustworthy that they shoot and kill people while holding a water hose nozzle...Jury Awards $6.3M to Family of Man Killed by Long Beach Police - Belmont Shore-Naples, CA Patch ...and I should just openly trust'em? I guess in your eyes I am bashing them because I warn people of the LEOs mistakes.

"A federal court jury in Santa Ana awarded $6.5 million today to the family of a 35-year-old man shot to death in 2010 by Long Beach police officers who said they thought he was holding a gun, which turned out to be a water hose handle."

He cant get his life back though, because the cops killed him!!!!!!!!

I guess its bashing to bring that up? A blanket trust is what they deserve? Stuff like this happens ALL the time with LE. I guess I am the bad guy.

Just Me, I have a wife, four young children, and two great grandparents that live in our home ATM. I would guess that it would be fine with you if the cops broke into my home tonight and then shoots and kills me because I would be a threat to them if I was holding my firearm trying to protect my household?

Does anyone note the fact a young man lost his life? Shot in the chest by a wannabe LEO? I know we all have our opinion, but the fact remains someone died. Sad to me by any account. I see many insensitive racial comments made on these topics and I find it very distasteful. I think we all should value life more.

Depending on the version of what happened in that case that you believe the shooting has varying shades of gray regarding the shoot being justifiable. None of us were there and it is unlikely that any of the "official" versions of the event are 100% right.
I agree that in an ideal world we should all value life more - that said I value the life of others to the extent they value mine.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top