JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Something like this happened at Camp Rilea (Seaside) some thirty years ago when Simunitions were a new thing.
IIRC, a SWAT team was engaged in a training problem when a live mag was mistakenly loaded.
Fatality I believe, and it lead to a special sim load barrel redesign.

For those who may not know, Killeen is a big honking Army base where training is conducted for everything that shoots from M-4's to Abram's.

Last Edited:
Something like this happened at Camp Rilea (Seaside) some thirty years ago when Simunitions were a new thing.
IIRC, a SWAT team was engaged in a training problem when a live mag was mistakenly loaded.
Fatality I believe, and it lead to a special sim load barrel redesign.

I am a proponent of the UTM system primarily because even if live rounds make into the firearm it will not fire.

I wonder how the math would work out comparing the number of US gun owners who have negligent discharges versus cops who have the same. I'd bet that the trained professionals have a higher percentage being that there are a smaller total number of them compared to the average gun owner. Maybe this could put an end to the Law Enforcement exception clause commonly found in "common sense Gun restrictions".

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top