JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just like in a car accident, it varies from state to state! In Oregon you have the duty of rendering aide... Be it by calling 911 & waiting for Help to arrive, or doing what you feel is comfortable or have been trained in. You aren't required to do anything, However if they die ( they are alive at this point) and you tried to save them...looks better! Please note we do not know the medical background of this person you shot...:confused:

Judgement Call, but I'm sure you will be holding the person at gun point awaiting for help, and not have time to give alot of first aide?:huh:

If it's a home invader, I think your duty is to you and your family first.

I think it all comes down to how do you interpret removing the threat.
If it means you fire one or two shots, check to see if you're still in danger, fire again, check again then you may be dealing with an injured criminal screaming and bleeding on your floor.

If you have the mindset that anyone invading your house while you're inside it will be eliminated, then no first aid is going to help the criminal.

I think the only people legally required to perform first aid are first responders, paramedics and medically trained personnel.

If you've had training in the past and it has lapsed, I don't think that legal requirement is there.

In the state of Oregon, you only have the obligation to treat if you are in the life saving field (fire-resue, EMT, LEO. ) but as a privet citzen you do not. that question had come up during my last first-aid train class (4 months ago). But the trainer had said that he would hope that we would take care of the person.

Not sure. But if I have to shoot anyone inside my home, they probably won't be getting up. Meaning, I saw that they had a gun, and I am going to empty the mag into them. Or They were stupid enough to lunge at you with a knife.

If you were justified in shooting them, I figure that you were justified in killing them.

In the state of Oregon, you only have the obligation to treat if you are in the life saving field (fire-resue, EMT, LEO. ) but as a privet citzen you do not. that question had come up during my last first-aid train class (4 months ago). But the trainer had said that he would hope that we would take care of the person.

FR's fall under the Duty to Act and are required to give aid.

Everyone else basically falls under their states Good Samaritan laws.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top