JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's all good. I may be wrong too. I have just seen the article pop up multiple times already. Not trying to be rude.

I don't recall a specific thread with the aforementioned lawsuit in the title. Only mentions of it in threads that have gone off the rails on other related topics. Carry on.

I guess there's a method to it, but I don't know if I'd have focused on the mag portion since the inability to purchase is far more impacting to Oregonians and deep against Bruen. I think the mag issues will get sorted through all the other cases pending. The short term damage is the firearm hold.

And honestly, is there anyone that doesn't have 10x the mags they'll ever carry at once? I think most of us can wait out the mag ban.

I stand corrected. I can't keep up at this point.
Neither can I. Half the time I can't remember if it's a tread or a single post…. So many threads talking about the same sh!t…. They all just bleed together.

I guess there's a method to it, but I don't know if I'd have focused on the mag portion since the inability to purchase is far more impacting to Oregonians and deep against Bruen. I think the mag issues will get sorted through all the other cases pending. The short term damage is the firearm hold.

And honestly, is there anyone that doesn't have 10x the mags they'll ever carry at once? I think most of us can wait out the mag ban.
Agreed. I hate it all. But the permit to purchase/public data base is at the top of my list of hate that came through 114. I think that should be the number 1 target. Especially if it ceases all sales on the 8th including the individuals in the queue with no resource to get their LEGALLY purchased item.

This whole bill is a complete joke.

I guess there's a method to it, but I don't know if I'd have focused on the mag portion since the inability to purchase is far more impacting to Oregonians and deep against Bruen. I think the mag issues will get sorted through all the other cases pending. The short term damage is the firearm

The mag ban is straightforward and there really aren't any other factors to wait for so it was smart to file a lawsuit first on that part. I doubt if we'll see anything on other parts of the measure until after the 8th. If the BGC's halt and there is no process in place for permits the lawyers are going to have a field day with that and it will be worth the wait.

The OFF lawsuit is a "weak" start opposed to a good start. A liberal Kate Brown appointed judge will just say Other States have 10 round magazine limits, so motion denied.

I agree that the publicly searchable database should have been the top target.

Don't take this the wrong way but OFF is a weak organization with limited funds, lacking in tactful methods of looking at the big picture, and making themselves an easy target to their opposition. I applaud them for their (his) tenacity but they have become stigmatized as their own worst enemy in recent years. We are going to have to hope the heavy hitter coalitions will step in and play at a higher level.

The unobtainable permit to buy a gun should be tossed asap. "The 2nd Amendment is not a 2nd class right"!

Imagine going to church and being stopped from entering by a uniformed cop. The cop informs you that you cannot enter the church until you get a permit from the local law. And you also must pass a religious training course that is not being offered.
Obviously unconstitutional.

Don't take this the wrong way but OFF is a weak organization with limited funds, lacking in tactful methods of looking at the big picture, and making themselves an easy target to their opposition. I applaud them for their (his) tenacity but they have become stigmatized as their own worst enemy in recent years. We are going to have to hope the heavy hitter coalitions will step in and play at a higher level.
Who are the heavy hitter coalitions we are hoping to step in?

I noticed I've had multiple calls from what looks to be the NRA. Could be a scam. But they are probably wanting donations. But it sounds like from my limited research and knowledge, they have not done much yet.

I hope this is only the beginning of the lawsuits

But what organizations do we support?

I noticed I've had multiple calls from what looks to be the NRA. Could be a scam. But they are probably wanting donations. But it sounds like from my limited research and knowledge, they have not done much yet.

Saf.org and FPC
Saf is filing a suit soon...probably next week. They are top drawer.

NRA is more on the legaslative side...at least in the past. They were awol on 114.

Question of the decade but as of the current time I've seen notices from FPC and SAF that they are printing up lawsuits right now. I'm guessing we won't see much until after the law takes effect. If BGC's cease with thousands in purgatory that will make things really interesting and I'm sure the lawyers are waiting to see as well. The NRA has not acknowledged our situation since weeks before the election. No surprise there. GOA is surprisingly silent at the moment. Time will tell. Sorry for all the acronyms.

C8944B5B-B36C-43EB-8FF8-A0B694E0DD1D.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads