JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Umm some people are indeed conflating the permit thing in 114 with conceal carry permit thing...

114 is permit to purchase 1+ firearm ; good for 5 years, to be issued by the OSP, after the applicant pays a $65 permit fee and completes a training program provided by either chief LEO local, Sheriff, or OSP; and this included the entry and registration of the permit holder's personal information (residence, # of firearms, what firearms, phone numbers, etc?) Into a public database that can be searched by anyone who wants that info.

In no other State does such a permit exist, not one that has a public registry and public database. In a few States there are firearms purchase permits/licenses.

On that note, anyone figure out if each firearms permit is good for subsequent purchases during the five year period?

We need multiple attorney groups to file and we should know who to send the dollar support to. OFF is the only group to come forward. Maybe others can join OFF and pursue different lawsuit angles.

Except Bruen doesn't stop at carry permits, which is why the conflation. Thomas wrote his magnum opus with the crafting of Bruen, aligning very tightly with Scalia's Heller opinion and clarifying the tests which should gut Ninth Circuit's activism. Still a couple years of litigation, but Thomas didn't even spit on the top for lube. The left is raw and bleeding.

On that note, anyone figure out if each firearms permit is good for subsequent purchases during the five year period?
You get one permit, it's for 5 years of unlimited purchases, if there are any firearms for sale left after Dec 8th :rolleyes: edit but each purchase gets info added to the public database/registry so if you want the State to know what you have... and each purchase or transfer still have BGCs done for both you and your buyer if that buyer has a purchase permit as well..

Except Bruen doesn't stop at carry permits, which is why the conflation. Thomas wrote his magnum opus with the crafting of Bruen, aligning very tightly with Scalia's Heller opinion and clarifying the tests which should gut Ninth Circuit's activism. Still a couple years of litigation, but Thomas didn't even spit on the top for lube. The left is raw and bleeding.
Raw and Bleeding and not letting up. Just look at New York and California. there's still restrictions and California still defying everything with a magazine ban..... I just don't understand why there's even a law suit. Federal govt should put an end to any state defying the Supreme Law of the land. These states have become emboldend to do whatever they want. Would the Federal Govt sit back if Oregon passe a ballot saying you need a permit to practice your free speech or attend a place of worship?

Raw and Bleeding and not letting up. Just look at New York and California. there's still restrictions and California still defying everything with a magazine ban..... I just don't understand why there's even a law suit. Federal govt should put an end to any state defying the Supreme Law of the land. These states have become emboldend to do whatever they want. Would the Federal Govt sit back if Oregon passe a ballot saying you need a permit to practice your free speech or attend a place of worship?
The DOJ, who is supposedly responsible for enforcing SCOTUS rulings... is run by one Merrick Garland, AG... who.. guess what
.. is a strident Anti2A guy.. and whose DOJ has been going after certain people not under effect off SCOTUS :rolleyes:

Because the BoR was created to fend off the kind of government we have now, and weakness over the past 100 years let the shysters subvert those rights. It's why we feel like we're ice skating uphill.

"May issue" might also be a problem, or not, depending on how implementing rules are drafted and applied. If it's legal for you to own a firearm, meaning you'd pass a background check, and have taken the required class, then no problem if the state has to issue a permit. The "may" perhaps is relevant in case the class has problems, or the background check turns something up?

I guess there's a method to it, but I don't know if I'd have focused on the mag portion since the inability to purchase is far more impacting to Oregonians and deep against Bruen. I think the mag issues will get sorted through all the other cases pending. The short term damage is the firearm hold.

And honestly, is there anyone that doesn't have 10x the mags they'll ever carry at once? I think most of us can wait out the mag ban.
I have many pistols that are all hi-cap and that is the way I like it. I can wait to buy another firearm, but I need bullets now, for EDC.
If you have ever come up against several armed bad guys at the same time, like I have, you will understand the need for more bullets!

Im being infringed right now. want to buy a black friday item, but no where to transfer too.
Yes, but you have arms, correct? I'm only pointing out that the best plaintiff to challenge the law doesn't have any firearms, wants one and can't get a permit to buy one. You missing a sale is unfortunate, but saving $50 isn't a constitutional right.

I'm right there with you that it sucks though. I just got some $ for things I want, and also need to sell some things I have in the process….but now I can't.

"May issue" might also be a problem, or not, depending on how implementing rules are drafted and applied. If it's legal for you to own a firearm, meaning you'd pass a background check, and have taken the required class, then no problem if the state has to issue a permit. The "may" perhaps is relevant in case the class has problems, or the background check turns something up?
and the registration, and the fact that you have to ask for permission in the first place .... nah they're all a problem. When are gun owners going STOP !!!!! bending the knee, they keep taking little by little and you're here saying "no problem" are you kidding me ????

Yes, but you have arms, correct? I'm only pointing out that the best plaintiff to challenge the law doesn't have any firearms, wants one and can't get a permit to buy one. You missing a sale is unfortunate, but saving $50 isn't a constitutional right.

I'm right there with you that it sucks though. I just got some $ for things I want, and also need to sell some things I have in the process….but now I can't.
While my post was partially in jest, there is not a limit to the number of arms i can bear. So no i dont agree.

besides, I need this firearm for a religious ceremony. :s0048:

Do you know who filed it so i can donate to them

dude it's all over the posts and all over youtube and all gun forums. you have OFF and FPC and Second Amendment foundation all filing lawsuits

Umm some people are indeed conflating the permit thing in 114 with conceal carry permit thing...

114 is permit to purchase 1+ firearm ; good for 5 years, to be issued by the OSP, after the applicant pays a $65 permit fee and completes a training program provided by either chief LEO local, Sheriff, or OSP; and this included the entry and registration of the permit holder's personal information (residence, # of firearms, what firearms, phone numbers, etc?) Into a public database that can be searched by anyone who wants that info.

In no other State does such a permit exist, not one that has a public registry and public database. In a few States there are firearms purchase permits/licenses.
Goodmorning! If you haven't read the Bruen decision, and really payed attention to all of what is said, it would be easy to believe that it only applies to c.c. I think it absolutely applies to this b.s 114 law. If you read my previous comment I outline why and where it does so. They specifically refer to means end scrutiny for firearm ownership AND bearing those arms in public.

dude it's all over the posts and all over youtube and all gun forums. you have OFF and FPC and Second Amendment foundation all filing lawsuits
Did the FPC and 2nd A foundation file separate law suits? Or, are they embedded within the OFF law suit? Is there a link for the 2ND A Foundation and FPC law suit? thx.

Goodmorning! If you haven't read the Bruen decision, and really payed attention to all of what is said, it would be easy to believe that it only applies to c.c. I think it absolutely applies to this b.s 114 law. If you read my previous comment I outline why and where it does so. They specifically refer to means end scrutiny for firearm ownership AND bearing those arms in public.
That's not what I mean by conflating the conceal carry and purchase permits
Some people were asking if M114 permit was for conceal/open carry and how it applies to transfers

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top