JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Been visiting my folks in Idaho annually for almost 20 years and have more recently watched Boise balloon on a level like Portland. Now that Portlands all strung out and burned out, Boise will be the next "Boiselandia", has been my impression the last couple of visits.
My thoughts as well when we drove through in June. I'm afraid Boise will be the next Portland.

Been visiting my folks in Idaho annually for almost 20 years and have more recently watched Boise balloon on a level like Portland. Now that Portlands all strung out and burned out, Boise will be the next "Boiselandia", has been my impression the last couple of visits.
Having been to Boise, I wouldn't have wanted to live there 50 years ago anyway (and yes, it was 50+ years ago when I was there). I don't want to be in most cities, even the nice ones. I like living in a secluded private manner with as few people as possible as neighbors. If I could afford owning thousands of acres of trees/etc. surrounding me, separating me from people, I would. I just don't understand billionaires who own houses in the middle of places like LA or NYC.

From what I see Montana has had a blue tint for years. D Governors and congressers.
Missoula is a college town as leftish as any. Unions are strong in Butte and Billings. Helena has the usual regulatory guv workers...state and fed.
Maybe some big sky folks can add to or correct my thoughts.
It suffers from the same problems most places have that are mostly rural but have a few large(ish) cities; a concentration of most of the populace in those cities, and less than half in the rural areas, usually quite a bit less than half.

S. Dakota seems to have a conservative populace, but I don't think I want to live that far east. Maybe Utah or Wyoming, but either place is too cold in the winter for me.

My thoughts as well when we drove through in June. I'm afraid Boise will be the next Portland.
Boise has everything Portland has to offer with outdoor recreation right from town which is part of the boom in tech industry jobs in Portland area expanding from overcrowded California.
That said, it still has a strong conservative vibe to me id say it would be good for several years but I no longer underestimate how quickly progressive ideology can take over things anymore....

Last years visit I saw a guy riding his motorcycle with no helmet passing me at 80 with a handgun on his belt... all legal there :)

Last years visit I saw a guy riding his motorcycle with no helmet passing me at 80 with a handgun on his belt... all legal there :)
For now.

Oregon used to be fairly conservative.

Then it progressed to what I consider to be a decent balance between right & left.

But the last decade or two? Meh. Most of us have seen the result of letting the pendulum swing too far to one side or the other.

Boise has everything Portland has to offer with outdoor recreation right from town which is part of the boom in tech industry jobs in Portland area expanding from overcrowded California.
That said, it still has a strong conservative vibe to me id say it would be good for several years but I no longer underestimate how quickly progressive ideology can take over things anymore....

I do like how the leadership is republican.

• Seattle socialite Connie Ballmer ($750,000 donation)
  • Seattle venture capitalist Nicolas Hanauer ($250,000 donation)
  • Mike Bloomberg-affiliated Everytown for Gun Safety Action Fund ($155,000)
  • National Education Association ($125,000 donation)
  • Gabby Giffords' gun control group, "Giffords" ($100,000 donation)
According to Brieghtbart these are the major contributions to take your gun rights with 114

Last Edited:
Love to be reminded that my property taxes are helping kill my rights. The low rent version of the practice of billing the family for the bullet used to execute their family member.

Your tax dollars at work!

Looks like Ballmer was big in support of Washington state gun laws too. The elite think the masses shouldn't have firearms I guess.

Yeah, it's not the firearm, it's the belt. So I guess you can't have a belt over 10 links.

(d) "Large-capacity magazine" means a fixed or detachable magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, helical feeding device, or
similar device, including any such device joined or coupled with another in any manner, or a kit with such parts, that has an overall capacity of, or that can be readily restored, changed, or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition
Or possession of more than ten links whether they are loose or in a ten round or less belt, since they could be turned into *gasp* an eleven round belt.

Or possession of more than ten links whether they are loose or in a ten round or less belt, since they could be turned into *gasp* an eleven round belt.
You can have them, if you have them before the "ban" and you keep them within the constraints of the new law.

But yes, they would be considered a "large capacity magazine". I think even stripper clips with a capacity of more than 10 rounds would be too - although I don't recall any clips of that size.

• Seattle socialite Connie Ballmer ($750,000 donation)
  • Seattle venture capitalist Nicolas Hanauer ($250,000 donation)
  • Mike Bloomberg-affiliated Everytown for Gun Safety Action Fund ($155,000)
  • National Education Association ($125,000 donation)
  • Gabby Giffords' gun control group, "Giffords" ($100,000 donation)
According to Brieghtbart these are the major contributions to take your gun rights with 114
If we would of had that kind of money for mailings and media advertising the tables would have been turned. Nothing like having the out of state rich crowd coming in to bankroll taking our rights away.

The way states turn blue is that blue people move in in large numbers, then seek political positions from the ground up. The more conservative free Americans that move to a state , the more likely they are to do the same. So, the more free Oregonians move to strongholds, like Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, the Dakotas, Missouri, the more uncomfortable the blue meanies become. The more free Americans move out of Oregon, the less tax money the blue people have to spend on their windmills and unicorns.
Leaving Oregon was difficult. Was born there, grew up in Bridge, and raised and educated 6 kids, all born at the hospital in Coos Bay. Four are still in Oregon. We sure miss 'em. But we don't miss the heart burn of seeing our home dismantled and mismanaged by mindless commies. Montana struggles to some extent with the misguided souls in Missoula, Billings, and Bozeman. Helena is fairly mixed. Our taxes keep going up and the teachers unions are working hard to skew the children.
When a certain group saturates a state, their influence is unmistakable. The more free Americans that move to free states, the more likely it is those states will remain free. Just a thought.
BTW.... if you don't like 114, wait til you see 115!

I am cynical by nature so my view is negative of course. The big picture has the country $30+ trillion in debt, they just print up all the money they want to spend the same way they print up all the ballots it takes to win.

Enjoy life for the every day pleasure it brings but prepare for the hardships the elite have coming our way. Every generation deals with crap from the elite.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top