JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On the ride alongs I've been on, the plates were ran before exiting the car. This is at least how they were all done when I was along both times roughly 18 and 20 years ago.
I don't feel like rehashing this subject, but here's how it went. He pulled me over, came up to the driver's side window, and asked for my license and registration. He went back to his car, did his thing, returned to my vehicle, and asked me if I had a CHL. When I said yes, he read my the riot act for not telling him. That's all I know. It was a town cop in Independence. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Last Edited:
Oh, he made it sound like it held more than that. I'd bet if it was modified to a larger fixed mag then it's on the "list". Thanks
Probably is included:

(b) "Detachable magazine" means an ammunition feeding device that can be loaded or unloaded while detached from a firearm and readily inserted in a firearm;
(c) "Fixed magazine" means an ammunition feeding device contained in or permanently attached to a firearm in such a manner that the device cannot be removed without disassembly of the firearm action;

(d) "Large-capacity magazine" means
a fixed or detachable magazine,
belt,
drum,
feed strip,
helical feeding device, or similar device,
including any such device joined or coupled with another in any manner, or
a kit with such parts,

that has an overall capacity of, or that can be readily restored, changed, or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition and allows a shooter to keep firing without having to pause to reload

I'm done with this state. Nothing here but Fudds and commies. I'm taking my constitutionally legal firearms to a sanctuary state. Hopefully the Big One shakes this entire dump sooner than later.

H.R. 1808 did, not sure about 114
Yeah, it's not the firearm, it's the belt. So I guess you can't have a belt over 10 links.

(d) "Large-capacity magazine" means a fixed or detachable magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, helical feeding device, or
similar device, including any such device joined or coupled with another in any manner, or a kit with such parts, that has an overall capacity of, or that can be readily restored, changed, or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition

Yeah, it's not the firearm, it's the belt. So I guess you can't have a belt over 10 links.

(d) "Large-capacity magazine" means a fixed or detachable magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, helical feeding device, or
similar device, including any such device joined or coupled with another in any manner, or a kit with such parts, that has an overall capacity of, or that can be readily restored, changed, or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition
Should be fun to enforce...

1668141421846.jpeg

Idaho and Montana are turning Left Coast.
skip them and stop in Wyoming.
WY, definitely!
Pre pandemic it had the least population of the 50 states. After, ~1,900 C19 deaths, even more room for you.
Of course you're giving up Oregon's 60% public lands for 30% in WY.
Enjoy and thanks for freeing up a parking space back here!

WY, definitely!
Pre pandemic it had the least population of the 50 states. After, ~1,900 C19 deaths, even more room for you.
Of course you're giving up Oregon's 60% public lands for 30% in WY.
Enjoy and thanks for freeing up a parking space back here!
I really think a 50% reduction in public lands would be worth a lower price of living, higher quality of neighbors and significantly decreased political strife. I've been debating where in the state I would go and casper seems nice, but there's a few options I like. Montana doesn't seem bad either, is it really going blue?

Turning blue? How bad?
From what I see Montana has had a blue tint for years. D Governors and congressers.
Missoula is a college town as leftish as any. Unions are strong in Butte and Billings. Helena has the usual regulatory guv workers...state and fed.
Maybe some big sky folks can add to or correct my thoughts.

From what I see Montana had a blue tint for years. D Governors and congressers.
Missoula is a college town as leftish as any. Unions are strong in Butte and Billings. Helena has the usual regulatory gov workers.
Maybe some big sky folks can add to or correct my thoughts.
We're currently looking at Idaho since we have family there.

Been visiting my folks in Idaho annually for almost 20 years and have more recently watched Boise balloon on a level like Portland. Now that Portlands all strung out and burned out, Boise will be the next "Boiselandia", has been my impression the last couple of visits.

or that can be readily restored, changed, or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition
So, the way I read that (and excuse for not reading/checking subsequent posts that may discuss this), if you have enough belt links to make a belt capable of holding more than 10 rounds, whether they are linked together or not, that would count as being a "large capacity magazine".

Since, in general, any number of links of the same type can be linked together, you can't get around this part of the law by having those links separate if you have enough links to hold more than ten rounds - separate or not - but I think I am repeating myself.

Telling people to break the law on a public forum isn't a good deal. However if you want to say you will break the law then it's a little better.

I will follow the laws of Oregon while I live here.
Whether I follow the law or not - I generally make it a "best practice" to not say, on a public forum, that I have not followed the law, or will not follow the law.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top