JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I want a Wilson >8(

Bought a mega millions ticket, so...you know...like...maybe...sigh <.<

Did see a real nice lookin' stainless Springfield for $829 at the range shop today. They also had some nice lookin' Para Ordnances and that high capacity thang really appeals to me. Maybe the peanut gallery wants to weigh in on Para Ordnance. Or how about Smith and Wesson? I handled one of 'em at another shop and it seemed solidly built, but I've never shot one, nor do I know anyone who has.

I used a 1991-A1 Colt for my "fixer-upper" project. It was about 4 years ago, redid the barrel bushing and fire control parts (hammer, sear, safety, grip safety, trigger, Novak fiber-optic sights) added a CT laser grip, she shoots really nicely now.

Novak blued the slide when they did the sights so it's 1/2 blue, 1/2 parkerized.

She's not pretty but is a real widow-maker, as the saying goes.

What's causing this failure in American manufacturing? Outsourcing, or is it a much more complex, multi-level problem?

Some of it is the same old thing, low bid gets the contract. The outsourced parts are not of very good QC. There's there in house QC problems. And quite a bit of obvious things getting by the inspectors. Things that most any buyer can pick out, which makes one wonder how they get out the door for shipment....but they do.

The workers tend to be assemblers, instead of armorers. Any way to save a buck, and you and I suffer for it.

I talked with the Pres. of Para late last summer, said they were moving operations to the states to up their QC. I can't see how a move would change such a thing, but one never knows I guess.

What's causing this failure in American manufacturing? Outsourcing, or is it a much more complex, multi-level problem?

It seems to be 1 main thing, lack of pride. Most people working on assembly lines are low paid immigrants and have no concern for the end product. I am not a big union fan but it seemed to work with jobs like this. I could go on and on but don't want to "steal" this thread.

Whichever 1911 you get make sure you don't get the base model. If you are anything like me you want to tinker a bit but not spend all your time "upgrading" or at the gunsmith.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top