JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been using these UTG for years.
They aren't fold down. But they are solid.
Every time I'm shopping for some sights, for a new upper. I weigh all the options, and end up getting these. The price is right too.

Pretty sure you can get them from Amazon and other places. I just use Midway, to combo up other parts, and springs, and things.

I've been using these UTG for years.
They aren't fold down. But they are solid.
Every time I'm shopping for some sights, for a new upper. I weigh all the options, and end up getting these. The price is right too.

Pretty sure you can get them from Amazon and other places. I just use Midway, to combo up other parts, and springs, and things.
I have these. They are solid.

Magpul MBUS Pro - it's what the USAF puts on the GAU-5 ASDW carbines that ride in every ejection seat survival kit.

Considering that an ejection is like a TWENTY-G kick in the arse...

Polymer BUIS are more durable when it comes to dropping/banging into things. I don't think I've ever seen Magpuls fail.
Yep. I don't really like the square edges to the outer aperture of MBUS rear sights, but, they are super durable since they flex more than snap. As far as folding BUISs go, they are some of the most durable. If I was going for broke, I would use a fixed set, with a classic cut carry handle, DD fixed, LMT, scalarworks, etc. rear with an FSB up front.

That said my favorites are KAC, Scalarworks, and the MI "combat rear" for folding sights.

For bomb proof Troy folders or fixed, also Daniel Defense and Midwest industries fixed.
The Troy folders are fairly thick, so factor that in if your optic sits low and extends to the rear of your upper.

Another consideration is a very solid and repeatable QD mount for that optic unless you want to carry tools and expect to have the time to use them.

EDIT: I'm going to add Gen 3 Magpuls to the list. Very rigged and durable, fold pretty low, and are compact where it makes them less likely to snag on something. if you use the new PA micro prisms, they fit under them like they were designed that way
1702944638653.png
1702944858692.jpeg

Last Edited:
For bomb proof Troy folders or fixed, also Daniel Defense and Midwest industries fixed.
The Troy folders are fairly thick, so factor that in if your optic sits low and extends to the rear of your upper.

Another consideration is a very solid and repeatable QD mount for that optic unless you want to carry tools and expect to have the time to use them.

EDIT: I'm going to add Gen 3 Magpuls to the list. Very rigged and durable, fold pretty low, and are compact where it makes them less likely to snag on something. if you use the new PA micro prisms, they fit under them like they were designed that way
View attachment 1784582
View attachment 1784593
Is that optic mount QD?

Is that optic mount QD?
I replaced the stock rail mount with a Trijicon by Bobro QD mount. Everything else like the riser came with the scope. Believe it or not I got those (I have four now) through B&H photo where back in the day I bought most of my 35mm lenses. BTW these are for the smallest ACOG, there is a similar looking one for full size ACOG's and by picture are easy to confuse

EDIT: part number BH #TRCAQRLM • MFR #AC12035 currently NLA through B&H but periodically get stocked

1702948193591.png

Last Edited:
Bobro mounts had some problems, mostly because a recoil lug moved. It was screwed in. On the Trijicon models, the lug is milled in. :s0145:

Really nice looking rifle. Slim and elegant.

I replaced the stock rail mount with a Trijicon by Bobro QD mount. Everything else like the riser came with the scope. Believe it or not I got those (I have four now) through B&H photo where back in the day I bought most of my 35mm lenses. BTW these are for the smallest ACOG, there is a similar looking one for full size ACOG's and by picture are easy to confuse

EDIT: part number BH #TRCAQRLM • MFR #AC12035 currently NLA through B&H but periodically get stocked

View attachment 1784663
Yep, I'm familiar with BOBRO QD, those are good mounts.

Bobro mounts had some problems, mostly because a recoil lug moved. It was screwed in. On the Trijicon models, the lug is milled in. :s0145:

Really nice looking rifle. Slim and elegant.
Thanks, it's been a real evolution to get there. I wanted it to be lightweight, streamlines, reliable, and fast. It's also designed to fit my wife's hands as well as it does mine. The balance is really very good, (a design goal) being just the barrel side of the mag well. I have a near identical 10.5" BO SBR that balances right in the mag well center. It makes for quick handling that does not change as you go through ammunition.

Thanks, it's been a real evolution to get there. I wanted it to be lightweight, streamlines, reliable, and fast. It's also designed to fit my wife's hands as well as it does mine. The balance is really very good, (a design goal) being just the barrel side of the mag well. I have a near identical 10.5" BO SBR that balances right in the mag well center. It makes for quick handling that does not change as you go through ammunition.
Is the TrijoBob mount a standard or low mount, which kram spacer is that, and where does that net out for optic centerline? Looks like a good height. I might like to try that with a 2x minicog i have, which sits too far forward on a bolt gun (in a chassis with more AR-like optic height) right now.

Is the TrijoBob mount a standard or low mount, which kram spacer is that, and where does that net out for optic centerline? Looks like a good height. I might like to try that with a 2x minicog i have, which sits too far forward on a bolt gun (in a chassis with more AR-like optic height) right now.
It's a low mount, but exactly the same height as the mount (part 1 below) it replaced. Optic height can be adjusted by riser combos. On the one I have on my AR308 that has the troy BUIS I had to use a short vertical section then a low cantilever (parts 5 and 3 below) to clear it properly. All the risers came with the micro prism, but you can get various compatible ones that are mini ACOG compatible.

1702956763010.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top