JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi,

Thank you for reading my post. I screwed up and bought some 45 Glock giggle sticks for a future AR build thinking that there are 45 Glock magwell adapters. Looks like those don't exist (I saw M&P, but that doesn't help me).
I did notice that there are 45 Glock compatible lowers out there. Am looking for recommendations regarding which lower I should look into buying. I'm hoping to buy a stripped lower around $170ish price range. My main concern is that I would want a lower that I could put whatever 45 upper on that I want (and still have it be reliable). Idk if that's ill advised or not. Maybe its similar to building an AR10. Meaning that upper and lower should be the same manufacturer. That's why I'm turning to you!
Any advice/recommendations would be helpful!
Thank you for your time.

Are there any " just right carbine " .45 models available anywhere?
Just tried navigating their website and got annoyed. Atlantic firearms had a takedown .45 listed as out of stock.
I found multiple AR45 stripped lowers online. Think they can be built as pistol or carbine. A few of them mentioned that the accept milspec lower parts. Was unsure about uppers. Mfgs below:
Moriarti Armaments
Spartan
Wolfpack Armory (they have two styles)
Angstadt Arms
New Frontier Armory
I'm sure there are others...

I looked pretty hard at the 9mm version of the JRC when they were fairly new. Decided against because of the excessive amount of screws in assembly/disassembly. First thing that popped in my head when you said glock mag compatible, because that was their main selling point.

I looked pretty hard at the 9mm version of the JRC when they were fairly new. Decided against because of the excessive amount of screws in assembly/disassembly. First thing that popped in my head when you said glock mag compatible, because that was their main selling point.
Right on. I saw a few manufacturers of magwell adapters for Glock 9mm/40. Part of my previous confusion was that I googled "45 glock magwell adapters" and saw those 9mm alongside 45 magwell adapters. Should have looked closer. Lol

If you buy an FM45 receiver from Primary Arms, you'll be able to build a blowback or RDB gun with standard AR parts. I built mine with an Aero XL stripped upper, works just fine.

Not sure if CMMG does parts or if they would be in your price range but their 45acp Banshee is a nice platform. If you want to go all out, the B&T APC45 comes in a glock mag version but swiss performance doesn't come cheap.

Not sure if CMMG does parts or if they would be in your price range but their 45acp Banshee is a nice platform. If you want to go all out, the B&T APC45 comes in a glock mag version but swiss performance doesn't come cheap.
I'm sure it is nice, but I am on a little bit of a budget.

You can buy a BCG and barrel from them then go to town with your own clone build. Overall about 50% the cost of buying an actual banshee but with banhee guts.

If you buy an FM45 receiver from Primary Arms, you'll be able to build a blowback or RDB gun with standard AR parts. I built mine with an Aero XL stripped upper, works just fine.
Thanks for the tip! By blowback, do you mean that your upper does not have a gas tube? What do you mean by RDB? Downward ejecting?

Thanks for the tip! By blowback, do you mean that your upper does not have a gas tube? What do you mean by RDB? Downward ejecting?
blowback is the standard Pistol Caliber Carbine system of operation where the bolt resists rearward motion by mass alone. The VAST majority use this system and it's reliable. RDB is the CMMG system Radial Delayed Blowback which uses what looks like a regular AR bolt and delays the rearward travel of the bolt through rotational motion before unlocking which reduces the amount of reciprocating weight and allows for use of standard AR spring, buffers and triggers etc instead of blowback specific parts. Easier to source parts for and suppresses really well if that's your thing. Neither blowback nor RDB will have a gas tube at all and both in an AR platform will eject out the side of the upper just the same as a 5.56 would.

blowback is the standard Pistol Caliber Carbine system of operation where the bolt resists rearward motion by mass alone. The VAST majority use this system and it's reliable. RDB is the CMMG system Radial Delayed Blowback which uses what looks like a regular AR bolt and delays the rearward travel of the bolt through rotational motion before unlocking which reduces the amount of reciprocating weight and allows for use of standard AR spring, buffers and triggers etc instead of blowback specific parts. Easier to source parts for and suppresses really well if that's your thing. Neither blowback nor RDB will have a gas tube at all and both in an AR platform will eject out the side of the upper just the same as a 5.56 would.
Thanks for the explanation! I will definitely check out the video you shared as well. Sounds like a RDB might be the type of build I'd be looking at. Would like to use AR lower parts.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top