JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Guess I am not the only one that sees the show as liberals in a crisis, notice his point on no guns...

http://journal.ijreview.com/2015/09...plify-everything-thats-wrong-with-liberalism/

Funny, but sad :(

All anyone has to do to see what happens is to look around this country after any big disaster (Katrina, for example) or when some 'injustice' happens to a 'protected' class. Who is rioting? Looting? Destroying property? Attacking the police? And then demanding to be paid for their troubles? Short answer is that I doubt, if you did a survey, you'd find many hard-core conservatives in those groups.

What are the hard working, prepared, thoughtful folks doing in those situations? Protecting themselves and others. Protecting property, even when it's not theirs. Helping their families, friends and neighbors. Re-building. Re-investing. What are the others offering besides making more work for the re-builders?

Anyone is welcome to prove me wrong if they can. But observations on this have been pretty darn consistent for years. Shake them up or take away the government feed bag for even a short time and it's near anarchy. When you've learned to rely on someone else for everything you need, you get pretty protective of anything you have, and pretty envious of what others have, when that 'someone else' is away for a while.

Is this profiling? Unfair? Maybe. But the book of history is being written with their own actions. If they want that to change, they're going to have to change it themselves. Stop relying on others for everything. Stop blaming others for your troubles. Get your butt out there and work hard, get an education, be responsible. People have demonstrated again and again that circumstances, color, race, religion, sexual preference, are not barriers to success. A good man/woman can come out of any circumstance and succeed, if they really want to.

And just so there is no misunderstanding, my mini-tirade is aimed at people that are otherwise capable of being productive members of society. I harbor no ill-will against those that receive assistance due to age, injuries, illnesses, etc. Those are legitimate uses of those public resources, and I'm happy to contribute my taxes to those worthy causes.

Well it's not truly about liberals, nowhere in the apocolypse did any of them try to raise taxes:D. Notice the conservative stand on gun control is hit your target.

Well it's not truly about liberals, nowhere in the apocolypse did any of them try to raise taxes:D. Notice the conservative stand on gun control is hit your target.

And the Target on a Zombie is always the head!

But why? How come the body shots from a M-4 don't break them down?

Really?

How can you remain standing if a 55 grain 5.56 at 3200FPS bust blew out your spine and left a two inch hole through your body?

I'm not even talking about the nerve signals to the lower body that go through the spinal cord.
I'm thinking about the column of bone that holds up the upper body!

I guess the producers think bullets just drill a hole through you. And Rifle rounds are the same as pistol.

Dammit! We need more mangled Zombies laying about with hopelessly snapping teeth! :s0108:

Well if it was all real liberals would pull the teeth of the people about to die:D their answer is always to get rid of weapons. What would the show be if the dead had no teeth:D?

Man that doper kid needs to be dead. Watching him steal Morphine from the dying guy frosted my butt. Watching the dad get pissed because the El Salvador guy is trying to teach his sissy kid how to use a shotgun also pissed me off.

Man that doper kid needs to be dead. Watching him steal Morphine from the dying guy frosted my butt. Watching the dad get pissed because the El Salvador guy is trying to teach his sissy kid how to use a shotgun also pissed me off.
Well spoken, there have been plenty of moments in the show that have caused me spontaneous facial twitching.

Did she pick up the gun or not? I didn't really notice. As un-enthused as I am about this mini-season, I didn't look very closely and the remote was at least 10-12 inches away so I didn't bother to re-wind. She and the boyfriend will probably have some sort of turmoil about it if she did.

No the Mom, Madison Clark, did not pick up the pistol. If she had, she would have showed it to the barber, Daniel Salazar. Later when she talks with the barber about what she saw on the outside she says that the man with the gun was not sick, but he was shot and there with others who were not infected, but shot dead. Maybe the Mom figured the Army was shooting looters so she did not pick up the pistol.

Oh and the government is up to no good. They are removing the infirmed, mentally unstable and the junkie in order to experiment on them with the virus.

I love the subtle way the old hispanic guy is talking about how this military take over was done before, and the teacher lady says this can't happen here!

And the male teacher getting down on the 50!

"And the male teacher getting down on the 50!"

I was waiting for the scope on that 50cal to punch a nice round hole into his nice Hollywood eye socket when he pulled the trigger....Alas! it was not to be.

And what the he!! was that waste of time with the two spoiled brats smashing up someone's house, we are the 1%, vengence on the rich, crap all about?

"And the male teacher getting down on the 50!"

I was waiting for the scope on that 50cal to punch a nice round hole into his nice Hollywood eye socket when he pulled the trigger....Alas! it was not to be.

And what the he!! was that waste of time with the two spoiled brats smashing up someone's house, we are the 1%, vengence on the rich, crap all about?

Ya they really play up well what liberals think, at first I didn't understand the show but now it's a case study of how liberals react in a crisis. Still no guns in their has but willing to carve up one of the troops to get what they want. Kinda hypocritical to say "you know how I feel about guns"yet tie someone to a chair and peal their skin off with a blade.

They did play up the liberal kids well too, spoiled kids that hate others for what they have. They would rather destroy property than see anyone but themselves having it. I am finally liking the show, not enough guns in it but lots of understanding being sold in the story.

I record things I like on DVR so I can ditch the commercials. At my age, 5-6 in a row can make me forget what the hell I was watching in the first place.

FWD is finally getting more interesting. Way too much initial character development in those first few weeks - for players I couldn't really care less about in real life. But it's an interesting take on how huge flocks of sheep might react when the SHTF.

After that, I watched the Season-2 premiere of Last Man on Earth. It's a silly, fun, almost inviting post-apocalyptic world without hungry zombies around every corner, piles of rotting corpses, and murderous 2-legged alpha dogs competing for resources.

Last Edited:
Were they really shooting that 50 cal without ear protection! There goes the realism! Oh well.

Watched 5 on demand. I'm liking the show so far. I'm assuming the Ahole Lt. was offed by his own men, right?
So what happens next?

They all hook back up together and hit the road in an old School Bus?
Wonder if the Black guy in the suit that talks smack will join along for comedy relief?
I'm hooked anyway when's the next show?

OK...now THAT was a bit more like it.

Are they going to get to that yacht?
If they do, where will they go...North? South? Catalina? Pacific N.W.? Hawaii?
Where would you go?

Tune in again next season.......Saaame Bat-time, Saaame Bat-channel!

OK...now THAT was a bit more like it.

Are they going to get to that yacht?
If they do, where will they go...North? South? Catalina? Pacific N.W.? Hawaii?
Where would you go?

Tune in again next season.......Saaame Bat-time, Saaame Bat-channel!

I won't have time to watch the final episode until later this week, but I finally got caught up to episode 5 this weekend. I'm still not sold on it, I may have to wait until the next season/half-season to see what happens. I just don't know if this show will develop the following of the original series.

Since it's kind of a spoiler for me (I don't care about spoilers), if they make it to this yacht you're talking about, be prepared for the next 6-episode season to take place on that yacht. They'll drag it out like the original, just floating and floating and floating, with a big event in the last episode to get you to tune in the next time ;)

And what happened to that a-hole lieutenant? I was waiting get to see someone grow a pair finally off that turd. They set us up for just such an event, then they just make him disappear in the library? I hope that's not the end of it. We need to be rewarded with him having a nasty departure for sticking with the series this long. And I think Travis should be the one to do it. If not, he needs to go, quickly. He's not strong enough to survive in this world.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top