JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well they depicted the original show pretty accurately, and this one is following the accuracy.
I would bet in Cali that is normal for these types to not have guns and have an ignorance and child like innocence about them.

They are the worst kind liberals.
Unionized teacher califonians.

The original followed the comic book and the fans pretty much hold them accountable. They do add people that were not in the comic, Darrel was never in the story.

:D They could have picked a better city than LA, who is going to care if any of them die?

Yep, I'm guessing at this point, most of the real heroes are long gone from LA. Why stay there under the current political climate? I'm not surprised that you don't see a lot of guns, they've been so conditioned against them down there.

This new show, which I'm not liking just yet, could be an interesting potential wake up call to some folks. What would you do if the SHTF? If the popo wasn't available to protect you? If you had to take care of yourself not only for food and shelter but your personal safety and that of those around you?

So many lessons to be learned from Katrina, but how many people there and around the country really changed anything in their lives as a result? Not many I'd wager - either their memory is too short or they don't believe it could happen to them.

BTW, I'm still a fan of the original ;)

Yep, I'm guessing at this point, most of the real heroes are long gone from LA. Why stay there under the current political climate? I'm not surprised that you don't see a lot of guns, they've been so conditioned against them down there.

This new show, which I'm not liking just yet, could be an interesting potential wake up call to some folks. What would you do if the SHTF? If the popo wasn't available to protect you? If you had to take care of yourself not only for food and shelter but your personal safety and that of those around you?

So many lessons to be learned from Katrina, but how many people there and around the country really changed anything in their lives as a result? Not many I'd wager - either their memory is too short or they don't believe it could happen to them.

BTW, I'm still a fan of the original ;)

I am a big fan of the original TV Walking Dead, not alot on TV that entertains now days but it's a good show. It is odd as big as the prepper movement is that the shows never have a character that was ready.o_O

I am a big fan of the original TV Walking Dead, not alot on TV that entertains now days but it's a good show. It is odd as big as the prepper movement is that the shows never have a character that was ready.o_O

Not a chance - to Hollywood, those people are crazy. Wouldn't want to run the risk of making it look like they were right all along. In a sense though, Darrel is kind of a prepper, at least in the sense that he has a lot of practical survival skills. Probably the best equipped in the group for that reason alone.

Is it just me? Or do others find it strange that nobody has a gun in the house? Except one neighbor with a skeet gun?

Are they trying to paint a picture that guns in the house aren't normal?
And Men with vaginas are normal?
in california i would not put it past them.

been watching the walking dead since the beginning. i like the new prequel. my theory is all the gang members in LA are going to be the root cause for all of the walkers eventually.

Not a chance - to Hollywood, those people are crazy. Wouldn't want to run the risk of making it look like they were right all along. In a sense though, Darrel is kind of a prepper, at least in the sense that he has a lot of practical survival skills. Probably the best equipped in the group for that reason alone.

Yep the people in The Walking Dead are getting good equipment, suppressors and full autos to fight the hoardes of dead people or the live criminals. Not a one ever said " you know my feelings about guns":D

Agreed, the gangsters in cali and cartels would he the only ones to survive through firepower.

The cartels would probably try to find a way to sell brains to zombies.

I like the viewpoint of being in a city to show what would happen.

Would be hard if you found a safe but couldn't use power tools to get in it??
Might take awhile and cause a lot of noise trying to break into it

A things progress, I see a plot weakness that is going to limit how long this series can last...
....California Walkers aren't gonna find a whole lot of brains to eat!!
Unless walkers can learn to eat fruits and nuts. eating.gif They'll probably start moving to the PNW...

Oooops! To late! Started already :s0017: zombie.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
A things progress, I see a plot weakness that is going to limit how long this series can last...
....California Walkers aren't gonna find a whole lot of brains to eat!!
Unless walkers can learn to eat fruits and nuts. They'll probably start moving to the PNW...

Oooops! To late! Started already :s0017:View attachment 256320View attachment 256321View attachment 256322View attachment 256323View attachment 256324

Plenty of brains to eat in Kali, fresh and never been used.:D

Just looked it up. The guy who plays the Dad is New Zealand Maori descent but I suppose he's playing a Mexican.
The Barber is from Panama in real life playing a Salvadorian.

No problem with Hispanics killing Zombies vs "real Americans" Just Jim!
Dammit, if they are here legal or not they need to pull their own weight killing walkers!:D
I like the Dad 'Travis' he did a great job playing Smiley in Training Day. He'll come around, look at Glen. He was a pizza delivery driver, now one of the main bad-a$$es.

They won't last long without weapons and tactics, which brings the question to mind will they only have ten shots in the mag like the law requires?:D

That will be interesting to see.

But will the military moving in they will turn fast, and then you'll have the military weapons to fight with. Only how many of the libs will know how to manipulate an M16?

What about their creepy neighbor. That guy looks like he's been waiting for this.

That will be interesting to see.

But will the military moving in they will turn fast, and then you'll have the military weapons to fight with. Only how many of the libs will know how to manipulate an M16?

What about their creepy neighbor. That guy looks like he's been waiting for this.

Odds are the stupid liberals will shoot each other accidently while trying to use an M16. Drug addict thief knows how to use a gun, he allready killed his dealer:D. What will be the weapon of choice for kali liberals who don't believe in guns?o_O

As a conservative-leaning Oregonian who lived in San Diego for several years (and very familiar with LA), I was curious to see how this spinoff might play out in such a grotesquely overflowing sea of mindless, self-serving humanity.

Sure... we all know that a headshot is the golden ticket for dropping zombies like dirty diapers. So from that perspective, it's extra hard to sit still and watch noobs trying to figure out relentless murder, cannibalism and destruction (without a few action-packed seasons under their belts like we all have).

Just about any kind of social breakdown is going to result in immediate widespread panic, aimless helplessness and massive regional die-offs. When will the cellphones quit, gas tanks run dry and roads become impassably blocked? Or did that all happen already and I didn't notice because I didn't really care?

I miss Maggie's tank top.

Last Edited:
Too bad they don't have some nice firearms to defend themselves. No way they would survive without them. Next they will have all their supplies stolen by those who do have firearms.o_O

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top