JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is actually a question for a different cartridge, but I figured I'd not get much response if I was honest and up front.

(5mm Remington Magnum, to tell the truth. Now you might understand my dishonesty.)

What is the general drill/ suggested equipment/brand for cleaning rods? Use a rod for 17cal ? Does someone make rods for .20 guns? (A rod for .22's barely slides into a 5mm barrel.)
I did find .20 bore brushes.
Thanks for any help.

I use a 22cal rod for all my rifles up to 30 cal, just be careful pulling your larger cal jag/brush back to not hit the crown. Unthread it or I just use a 22 cal jag, patch tip that matches. I find most tips match actually.

Anyways I was going to get a rod for each caliber but since Im frugal I started with a 22cal and since it works its all I use. Get a nice one piece carbon fiber rod long enough for your longest rifle. My 22cal rod measures .200" and works fine on my 22lr and 223s so I dont see why a 17cal rod wouldnt work for 5mm calibers.

I have a smaller cleaning rods and 20 cal jags and brushes. My 22 cal rods do not work. My 223 bore guides do work but I have to be careful on alignment to not ride the throat.

Wally World used to sell a long (30"?), fiberglass rod that would work in 17 cal barrels. I used it on all my rifles for years until the handle broke.
They may still have them, but I use an old set of aluminum rods.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top