JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What are they complaining about, specifically? Because I feel like I need to repeat, concealed means concealed.
Yes. Until it isn't. CC are 'made' routinely. Careful and skilled as I know you are. I pick out half a dozen a month. That off-duty cop trained to spot you printing at 2:00 enjoying his pancakes at Denny's... "Sir, let's have a talk outside." It happens.

Yeah, you do you. And I'm not trying to pick a fight: You'll not find a stronger defender of your rights than me. That includes, however, your property rights. YMMV.

Yes. Until it isn't. CC are 'made' routinely. Careful and skilled as I know you are. I pick out half a dozen a month. That off-duty cop trained to spot you printing at 2:00 enjoying his pancakes at Denny's... "Sir, let's have a talk outside." It happens.
I dont think many people realize this, that there are many scenarios that compromise the best concealments. This is why I dont believe CC should be made illegal in places that have a policy against it, property rights can always trespass anyone for carrying and I dont have a problem with that but those that also support property rights need to factor in this new law Oregon passed.

I pick out half a dozen a month.
Ditto this - and sometimes more.

CC ain't hard to spot if you look for it.

Conversely just the other day I was with some friends and I overlooked an OC on a lady initially.

She was carrying an all black mini Ruger .380 in a holster that was black as well and kept the gun pretty well covered up and snug on her hip. She was wearing dark shorts and it blended in well. I don't think most non gun owners would have ever noticed it.

Disagree with this, name one other constitutional right that employers can completely discriminate against?
If a business is open to the public, employs the public, they should not be allowed to infringe on an individuals constitutional right.
You ever see a Non-Disclosure Agreement??? Kinda runs afoul of the 1st, don't it?

Ditto this - and sometimes more.

CC ain't hard to spot if you look for it.

Conversely just the other day I was with some friends and I overlooked an OC on a lady initially.

She was carrying an all black mini Ruger .380 in a holster that was black as well and kept the gun pretty well covered up and snug on her hip. She was wearing dark shorts and it blended in well. I don't think most non gun owners would have ever noticed it.

Just FYI, In Oregon you cannot be prosecuted for concealed carrying in a place that just says "no guns allowed". The only places you can't conceal carry is School, Courthouse, etc.

Just FYI, In Oregon you cannot be prosecuted for concealed carrying in a place that just says "no guns allowed". The only places you can't conceal carry is School, Courthouse, etc.
School was completely allowed up until recently. Please refer to ORS 166.

Also, you can be trespassed with a firearm, and that is a Class-C felony if you were to sick around after being asked to leave.

Last Edited:
In about 91 days it's a lot more than schools and court houses. I suggest everyone read the new law going into effect. It's a lot wider than one might think as far as what is counted towards a government property.

Last edited by a moderator:
School was completely allowed up until recently. Please refer to ORS 166.
Still is AFAIK, but the new law makes it legal for schools districts to ban carry. So again, AFAIK it's not technically a blanket school carry ban. Just will end up being in most locales. I'm sure there are some districts out east that won't go for it at least.

Unless I'm wrong. That happens.

Still is AFAIK, but the new law makes it legal for schools districts to ban carry. So again, AFAIK it's not technically a blanket school carry ban. Just will end up being in most locales. I'm sure there are some districts out east that won't go for it at least.

Unless I'm wrong. That happens.
New law covers public and private schools. Every school has a no weapon policy so it's safe to assume any campus you're on especially public (government funded property) is a no go legally speaking.

I got 'made' in a Walmart about ten years back. The young lady, a Walmart employee, came up beside me with her cart and said very quietly, 'Mister, I can see your gun, do you know it shows?' I turned to her, and thanked her for her concern, lifting my shirt to one side to show her my Leatherman Wave in its black leather pouch. She smiled and said, 'you have a nice day!' and walked away.

I got 'made' in a Walmart about ten years back. The young lady, a Walmart employee, came up beside me with her cart and said very quietly, 'Mister, I can see your gun, do you know it shows?' I turned to her, and thanked her for her concern, lifting my shirt to one side to show her my Leatherman Wave in its black leather pouch. She smiled and said, 'you have a nice day!' and walked away.
So ... not an insulin pump then?

I don't know where you guys hang out, but I've only been made once in 25 years of daily carry and I just about never notice anyone else carrying either. I'm not really looking mind you. Better things to do than worry about who might be carrying. None of my business, so I don't care enough to look.

I don't know where you guys hang out, but I've only been made once in 25 years of daily carry and I just about never notice anyone else carrying either. I'm not really looking mind you. Better things to do than worry about who might be carrying. None of my business, so I don't care enough to look.
I was gunna say the same. Lol. Unless the clothes you're wearing to conceal were purchased at baby gap…. I've never been made. And I unload, load, jump in and out of trucks all day long. In hipster, gun-friendly Portland at that…

I don't care if I'm "made" 10 times a day (I'm not) I've been carrying concealed since I turned 21 and got my permit. In those 25 years I've not had a single problem. Not one.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top