JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are people so stupid as to think they are NOT going to be videoed/pic taken of them when they are out stealing stuff? Especially on peoples porches?

I mean this guy's image is fairly clear in spite of the mask and add in his pickup and I would think someone would recognize him (and the truck) fairly quickly.
1) They're not being prosecuted.
2) They don't care.

1) They're not being prosecuted.
2) They don't care.
The local FB groups are chock full of pictures of porch pirates and thieves caught on camera. Many times it appears to be the same people over and over. Reports filed police have the video, but it's getting worse. That said we DO live in a county that prosecutes and a Sheriff that arrests, but there is just so much of it.

I think the tent cities contribute as people who don't have permanent residences or even record of being there can move with the wind. We see a LOT of vehicle carcass where they have been parted out near the camps off of 213 as well. It's like some alternate universe right next door.

The local FB groups are chock full of pictures of porch pirates and thieves caught on camera. Many times it appears to be the same people over and over. Reports filed police have the video, but it's getting worse. That said we DO live in a county that prosecutes and a Sheriff that arrests, but there is just so much of it.

I think the tent cities contribute as people who don't have permanent residences or even record of being there can move with the wind. We see a LOT of vehicle carcass where they have been parted out near the camps off of 213 as well. It's like some alternate universe right next door.
It's the new catch and release program. If they're even getting caught and prosecuted, it's only a slap on the wrist.

When I lived in Portland, I never had a package stolen, but I did experience a lot of hit and runs. I'm more upset by someone hitting my rig and driving off.

Twice now in my lifetime I've had the opportunity to demonstrate how much more effective BS actually is when deployed correctly.
Snatch can away. (Get sprayed, no worries - it'll be worth it...)
Promptly - and with authority, proceed to empty BS can contents into the front waistband of said attacker. Directly into the crotch.
We're talking level 10... 'discomfort' here.
Nothing will help. Nothing. Even stripping their clothes off and running around naked praying for help - won't help.

But it will create a long lasting memory. :cool:
Bonus points if you shout, "HE NEED SOME MILK!" when you finish.

Come to think of it, I did have some tweaker hide a backpack behind one of my bushes in the side of the house. I called the cops when I found it and left it out front. It lasted quite a while before it was hacked. Dude can't back a week or so later, "where's my bag". "Not on my property anymore, I put it out front over a week ago".

Yeah, I'm lucky the dude didn't screw with the house.

Come to think of it, I did have some tweaker hide a backpack behind one of my bushes in the side of the house. I called the cops when I found it and left it out front. It lasted quite a while before it was hacked. Dude can't back a week or so later, "where's my bag". "Not on my property anymore, I put it out front over a week ago".

Yeah, I'm lucky the dude didn't screw with the house.
Yeah. Actually being a property owner and a tax payer, in addition to making you a racist, means you actually have skin in the game and stand to suffer continual loss because of the Libtards.

FedEx will also hold at the location of your choice.
UPS will as well. I have ordered ammunition that was delivered by UPS but I have it held at UPS depot since I am not sure if a UPS store will take the ammunition. The depot is fairly close by so swing by after work to pick it up.

Are people so stupid as to think they are NOT going to be videoed/pic taken of them when they are out stealing stuff? Especially on peoples porches?

I mean this guy's image is fairly clear in spite of the mask and add in his pickup and I would think someone would recognize him (and the truck) fairly quickly.
Why would he care? If he is ever caught he will serve no time. He will be processed and sent back out to do it again. The vehicle is most likely stolen. This is again what the people who are having stuff stolen keep saying they want. Many of them just have no clue they are paying for this. Amazon is out nothing. Every theft if just rolled into the cost and paid for by those who pay.

This is all part of the general trend toward more lawlessness. Ever watch the TV show "Blue Bloods" where they mention the concept of "broken windows?" We're seeing it big time all over the country. Increase in car theft, shoplifting, flash robbery, porch piracy, willfull homelessness, grafitti, the cat converter thing, you name it. Once bad actors see leniency, they take advantage.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top