JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
over a car part? hopefully not
If the bad guy is willing to employ bear spray on you in order to steal a package that he doesn't know the contents of, it's not about the contents of the package.

How long before the bad guy decides to wait until you're home, spray you, take what he wants, then kill you?

So yeah, better not bring bear spray to a gun fight.

If the bad guy is willing to employ bear spray on you in order to steal a package that he doesn't know the contents of, it's not about the contents of the package.

How long before the bad guy decides to wait until you're home, spray you, take what he wants, then kill you?

So yeah, better not bring bear spray to a gun fight.
Exactly. If you're stupid or insane enough to bear spray me while I've got a gauge, you're stupid or insane enough to try and take said gauge and use it against me. Ergo, you escalated, and now you're in serious danger.

over a car part? hopefully not!

Exactly. If you're stupid or insane enough to bear spray me while I've got a gauge, you're stupid or insane enough to try and take said gauge and use it against me. Ergo, you escalated, and now you're in serious danger.
Not quite what I'm getting at.

What's in the package? The bad guy (BG) doesn't know. Diaper wipes? Feminine hygiene products? Nike shoes? The BG doesn't know, and he doesn't care, but he's willing to bear spray you to steal it.

He's not after the box. He's after the thrill that stealing the box gives him. Eventually, and soon, that thrill is gonna include you. And probably in a very uncomfortable fashion.

Cameras only matter if there is a system that will pursue the evidence and charges will happen and actually hurt. None if that happens currently to any significant degree so all cameras do at this point is provide really great examples of the continual spiral into the drain our society goes.

I have cameras, but I primarily use them so that I can look around without having to physically present myself, I don't expect their presence alone them to stop someone intent on their criminal act.

Sorry I left a note saying Sorry!
Horatius has been possessed by the ghost of a Canadian. :D (sorry!)

Not quite what I'm getting at.

What's in the package? The bad guy (BG) doesn't know. Diaper wipes? Feminine hygiene products? Nike shoes? The BG doesn't know, and he doesn't care, but he's willing to bear spray you to steal it.

He's not after the box. He's after the thrill that stealing the box gives him. Eventually, and soon, that thrill is gonna include you. And probably in a very uncomfortable fashion.
I really think most of them are stealing them for the contents. Not all of their hits are winners, but it's free. If they hit 10 houses, odds are good they can get enough money to get high for the day.

Cameras only matter if there is a system that will pursue the evidence and charges will happen and actually hurt. None if that happens currently to any significant degree so all cameras do at this point is provide really great examples of the continual spiral into the drain our society goes.

I have cameras, but I primarily use them so that I can look around without having to physically present myself, I don't expect their presence alone them to stop someone intent on their criminal act.
Cameras can help you spot trouble as it approaches, if you're home. They can also show you when your package has arrived so you can go get it immediately, or text your neighbor and ask them to go get it.

Twice now in my lifetime I've had the opportunity to demonstrate how much more effective BS actually is when deployed correctly.
Snatch can away. (Get sprayed, no worries - it'll be worth it...)
Promptly - and with authority, proceed to empty BS can contents into the front waistband of said attacker. Directly into the crotch.
We're talking level 10... 'discomfort' here.
Nothing will help. Nothing. Even stripping their clothes off and running around naked praying for help - won't help.

But it will create a long lasting memory. :cool:
WOLVERINES!

1) What good does it do to take their picture when THE LAW won't do anything about it?

2) Homemade Thermite?* Now imagine the stolen package becoming a white hot ball of fire at the opportune time. (This would require some form of monitoring so it doesn't happen on the freeway or in an apartment.)
*All standard disclaimers about capsizing kayaks, for entertainment purposes only, etc. apply.

Haven't you people got the message. According to a politician (Texas Rep. Terry Meza), is't not stealing but rather the equitable distibution of wealth.

Meza said, "Thieves only carry weapons for self-protection and to provide the householder an incentive to cooperate. They just want to get their loot and get away. When the resident tries to resist is when people get hurt. If only one side is armed fewer people will be killed. ...In most instances the thief needs the money more than the homeowner does. …On balance, the transfer of property is likely to lead to a more equitable distribution of wealth. If my bill can help make this transfer a peaceful one so much the better."

Haven't you people got the message. According to a politician (Texas Rep. Terry Meza), is't not stealing but rather the equitable distibution of wealth.

Meza said, "Thieves only carry weapons for self-protection and to provide the householder an incentive to cooperate. They just want to get their loot and get away. When the resident tries to resist is when people get hurt. If only one side is armed fewer people will be killed. ...In most instances the thief needs the money more than the homeowner does. …On balance, the transfer of property is likely to lead to a more equitable distribution of wealth. If my bill can help make this transfer a peaceful one so much the better."
You do realize that you quoted something from the article that was politifact as false, and apparently she didn't say that?

See what Meza says after someone tries to roll that jackwagon...

There's a easy way to avoid stolen packages… easy way to avoid the issues of leaving the item at Amazon locker etc etc etc…

Go TO THE STORE and buy IT locally! Most of the stuff bought is junk! Made like crap and not worth much money! If you go get it yourself… guess what? Can't get stolen from your porch!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top